test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/21/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2021 in Release Notes
Bloodmoon
The Deathlords and Undead Heroes can now be encountered!
  • Added Cauldron Aura and Dark Aura variants to the event store.
  • Added Spooky Shoulders, Leg Accessories and Greaves to the event store.
  • Added Buzzsaw Bracers to the event store.
  • Added Corrosive Lash and Dark Wand devices as possible drops from Goblin or Vigil.
  • New Mission: Complete Deathlord Destruction mission 5 times, rewards the Spooky Tights costume.

Tailor
  • Removed icon shading from color swatches.

Powers
  • Fixed an issue where Tractor Beam was not applying appropriate repel resistance against players.
  • Fixed an issue where Lasso's knockto magnitude was set too high against players.

Fixer
  • Added Freddy and David Antares to the fixer vendor. If you completed the mission last week and did not get the Sidekick, you can claim it from Fixer.
​​

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    These 5 time mission are basically a pat on the back for attendance. Do I like this daily method of farming when I could miss a few days and not get it? No. Do I understand why it exists? Yes.

Spooky tights costume immediately made a hurt head by the tights line where the belt should be and no matching belt or hip layer to cover it up. I also thought the chest would have larger more covering or pronounced engraves. I'll have a hard time making this work. I feel like spooky could use a hip and chest layer armor in theme for more coverage. By the tights line I'm already assuming it has no skin and tight material varient like the krampus and werewolf furs then it's just a throw away to me.

I would recommend more bikini shaped armor from time to time. Logically seeing that male and female bodies are not the same. Bulking full armor looks funny on female model majority of the time and clips. So less is more in that situation there.

I see some other good stuff possibly worth the effort.

Icon shading swatches... Still no idea what this means.

Those sidekicks still irrelevant to me because the characters I farmed on already had sidekicks. So I was going to disgard it anyway. Just make a sidekick unbound token already and charge us real money for it. Thanks for saving me the effort of throwing it away personally.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • So when do we get a blood dripping aura? Bloodmoon would be the logical event to release such a thing during...of course, it would be far less work to just make the Soaked aura colorable.​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    So when do we get a blood dripping aura? Bloodmoon would be the logical event to release such a thing during...of course, it would be far less work to just make the Soaked aura colorable.

Both ideas are good. Currently, I'm using the Slime aura to look blood-spattered, since it is colorable. Not the same thing as drenched or dripping, as noted above.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    edited October 2021
    I think there is colorable dripping aura but not related to this event. Some sort of corrosive aura colored red maybe. There where several varients all over the place so I can't remember fully. Check the stores. Drifter, questionite etc
  • aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    So when do we get a blood dripping aura? Bloodmoon would be the logical event to release such a thing during...of course, it would be far less work to just make the Soaked aura colorable.​​

There is one already. Dripping Venom Aura, fully colorable.

Edit: Drifter store fyi.
    Post edited by aaronkorr on
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    aaronkorr wrote: »
    So when do we get a blood dripping aura? Bloodmoon would be the logical event to release such a thing during...of course, it would be far less work to just make the Soaked aura colorable.​​

Dripping Venom only drips from the mouth. A tintable Soaked Aura would suffice, imo
  • shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 56 Arc User
    Bug: Spooky Bracers cannot be selected on Female models.

It can be circumvented by swapping to Male model and putting them on then swapping back to female, but it's a frustrating workaround, since changing model gender changes a bunch of your pieces you'll have to put back together.
    edited October 2021

Dripping Venom only drips from the mouth. A tintable Soaked Aura would suffice, imo

Really, then would you care to explain why my Soda Girl character uses it and it drips from all over?
    Dripping Venom Aura is effectively a colorable Soaked aura. If you actually looked at the tooltip you'd see it showing droplets from the sides.

The only functional difference is that the soaked aura is faster, and obviously untintable.
    Post edited by aaronkorr on
  • I decided to try it and threw 25 salvage at Drifter. Unfortunately, Dripping Venom doesn't offer enough body coverage the way Soaked does...also, several of the emitter points are INSIDE the body of the werewolf character I'm using it on, so the drops come from his crotch...makes it look like he got neutered by a shady vet in a dark alleyway.​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    What is the source of the Dripping Venom aura?​​

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Any chance that iterms in the event store can be arranged alpahbetically within price range? Would make finding things easier.

That cauldron is a nice aura. Doesn't jump all over the place. Any chance that the other floating aura objects could retroactively get the same treatment?

We have a book and a scroll as belt accessories. We have a floating book aura. Any chance that at some point we could have a partially unrolled floating scroll aura? I'm thinking the icon used for Shadow Lore would look about right.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    "Corrosive Lash" & "Dark Wand" Devices?!?
    Possible drops from Goblin & Vigil you say?
    Hmm,...
    <Rubs fingertips together with a fiendish smile>
    Do tell,...

(I don't know WHY, but I like playing with devices. They're never as powerful as an actual power, but they add fun options for me.) :)

~Rags,
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Any chance that iterms in the event store can be arranged alpahbetically within price range? Would make finding things easier.

While we at it, finally a option to hide already owned ones? Same for the Auction House?
    edited October 2021
    warcanch wrote: »
    What is the source of the Dripping Venom aura?​​

Drifter store as mentioned above.

And also its droplets are probably just more noticeable because they happen so much slower. And honestly a soaked aura variant in red would be more being drenched in blood and not so much dripping.

Really it would be even more ideal to have variations centered on hands, head, weapon, etc...
    warcanch wrote: »
    What is the source of the Dripping Venom aura?

Drifter store as mentioned above.

And also its droplets are probably just more noticeable because they happen so much slower. And honestly a soaked aura variant in red would be more being drenched in blood and not so much dripping.

Really it would be even more ideal to have variations centered on hands, head, weapon, etc...

Based on the recent Dark Aura additions, sounds reasonable and feasible.​​

edited October 2021
    SNRs lasting almost entirety of DL matches for me. Also taking heave disconnection loses since Thursday. This cannot continue all week.

I been doing these things up to 3 times and disconnecting right before the boss dies.
  • pixrep#2211 pixrep Posts: 2 Arc User
    The Hunter and Wolf missions that were supposed to grant the sidekicks were also supposed to grant 50 coins each, for a total of 100 (on each character who completed it). Where're those coins?