test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Forum Problem?

Is anyone else seeing the following problem with this forum? On the CO home page the thread showing for each category is usually not the latest/most recent thread in that category (which is the way it is supposed to be). E.g., what I see on the home page in the Builds and Roles category is "She-Grond redo," but when I actually go to the Builds and Roles page the top thread is "I want to make a Single Blade and/or Chain DPS that isn't squishy" and "She-Grond redo" is the 3rd one down. For me, this started happening a couple weeks ago, but I haven't seen anyone else post about it, so not sure if I have some browser setting screwed up or if this is a thing with the CO forum itself.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    Yup, same thing happens when I visit the forums
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    It's been happening for me the last week or so, it usually works when I change the main forum listing from "All" to "Following" (after setting a couple of forums to follow), a few times I've had to switch back and forth between the two to re-fix it.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Ditto. It's intermittent for me, though. Sometimes the first thread/post listed is old, other times it's up to date.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Yep same
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Glad to know that I am not alone in this. I hope the devs will look into it.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Thanks for making this thread. And, YES, me too.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    Hmm, the issue seemed to go a way for a while, but now it seems to be back? What is this forum bug?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    It's getting close to Halloween. Maybe the gremlins are getting restless.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    Vanilla forums is a mess, I lost my signature on the Neverwinter forums, it is pulled from the same source as the one I have here. Could be worse, we could have all woke up this morning with our heads on backwards.

Have fun! :heart:
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Same here and it's been a while (it comes and goes, though).
    I just noticed we don't even have an official wiki here anymore. How did that happen!? Neverwinter and Star Trek gets a wiki and we don't? I donated a lot of my time on the Neverwinter wiki and now it looks like carp. A mess of click bait ads and clutter. Star Trek has a Home Depot ad at the top. Another popped up while I was looking for 10 seconds. They are both Fandom wikis with adverts - in short freebies - they can't afford server space to host their own wikis. I am wondering why the forums are not bombarded with click bait too?
    banner.png
    edited October 2021
    There's never been an "offical" wiki in the sense of one created and maintained by CO staff. The two we had in the past were created and maintained by players who no longer play and so the sites were abandoned/disappeared.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    There's never been an "offical" wiki in the sense of one created and maintained by CO staff. The two we had in the past were created and maintained by players who no longer play and so the sites were abandoned/disappeared.

The link at the top of the forum here says "Wiki" but sends you to http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Main_Page which I assume is the dead wiki. As for maintained by the staff, both NW and STO wikis are maintained and worked on by very few players at best. I made this page long ago for NW and actually had a developer comment about how much they liked it. Beyond that, the staff never takes an active role in the wiki. I don't expect the developers to do all the work, just wish they could maintain a decent portal for those who want to work.
    banner.png
    Bump. Now all the threads I see listed on the landing page are from back in October. Sure wish our Devs could put some pressure on Vanilla to fix the Official CO web site.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    I'm running Win10 and my issue with the forums, which happens every time, is when i'm trying to access
    the forums after being logged out, the forum IP keeps reloading repeatedly .
    And the only way to fix it is by stopping the reload, and then go to Arcgames.com and from there.

This is started "recently" ..as recent as i can tell, since i got back this summer.
    Meaning.. it's been going on since Anniversary atleast.
    This isn't really on topic. Maybe start a new thread?
    diggot wrote: »
    I'm running Win10 and my issue with the forums, which happens every time, is when i'm trying to access
    the forums after being logged out, the forum IP keeps reloading repeatedly .
    And the only way to fix it is by stopping the reload, and then go to Arcgames.com and from there.

This is started "recently" ..as recent as i can tell, since i got back this summer.
    Meaning.. it's been going on since Anniversary atleast.
    JwLmWoa.png