test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 10/13/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Bloodmoon
Starting Thursday at 8am ST, Bloodmoon will be running for 3 weeks.
  • New Mission: Complete the Trickery! mission 5 times, grants the Spooky Collar costume.
  • Added Spooky Bracers costume to the event store.
  • Added Buzzsaw Head 1, 2 and 3 Costumes to the event store.
  • Added Trailing Runes Aura to the event store.
  • Added perk for collecting all the Spooky set costumes. These will be released throughout the Bloodmoon event.

ZEN Store
Starting Thursday at 10am ST, the Ghosthunter Keypack will be available for 1 week.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • Ghosthunter Tights Costume
​​

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    spooky tights is best thing I ever seen. To bad we getting it in pieces.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Are Ghosthunter Tights the same costume piece from last year's key pack or is this a new thing?​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    Don't forget to take the hero games daily and queue zombie apocalypse. That's a total 20 tokens a day you don't want to miss.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    SpookySpectre approved
    Are Ghosthunter Tights the same costume piece from last year's key pack or is this a new thing?​​

It's a rerelease and not new.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Event Auto-Drive and overburning is real! OH GOD! Again!
    Where are the Bug fixes and Power Updates? :weary:

Can you please tone down the TRICKERY! (Daily) from 10 to 5 monsters like you did with the Anniversary cats?
    Preying for the RNG and wasting so much time running around assaulting trick or treaters is not fun! It's Obnoxious

I really wasted 4 hours yesterday doing this daily on multiple characters just to get them the new aura! This is such a Time waster
    which speaking of
    Added Trailing Runes Aura to the event store.
    I was looking forward to get those auras on multiple characters but the [Trailing Runes Aura (Rainbow)] is a disappointment!

Only the Runes are coloured in the rainbow Hue! The Trail is stuck on white, the trail is NOT RAINBOW
    Eating a lot of the visual making the rainbow part of the aura really underwhelming
    On top of that the runes themselves are really small

If you could please giving it a Rainbow gradient or at least make the Trail change colours every time it spawns for the rainbow effect it would be nice :/
    I'm really loving the Rainbow auras we been getting, but this one is really underwhelming​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    The Trailing Runes looked so promising, but were a big disappointment to me. The way they zip around is like watching a roller coaster. If they moved at half their current speed it would be an improvement.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited October 2021
    Possible typo the dino skull jaw says head wear and the head pieces says mouth accessory.

By just bad placement the plague mask is a headwear and not an eye accessory. This is bad because these kind of mask are usually used with a hat or a hood.

Also we maybe should not nerf the missions to separate the boys from the men. You could get over 200 tokens in one day. And that's just the first week. By reducing the trick or treat to 5 that kills the value of effort. Everybody shouldn't be able to get everything easy. Might as well just reduce the value of items in the event store to zero.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Possible typo the dino skull jaw says head wear and the head pieces says mouth accessory.

By just bad placement the plague mask is a headwear and not an eye accessory. This is bad because these kind of mask are usually used with a hat or a hood.

Also we maybe should not nerf the missions to separate the boys from the men.

Honestly, masks should get their own category by now. Or a second option like Hair has gotten with 1 & 2. Same for Headwear in general, with hats, helmets and circlets being all different categories in itself.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    avianos wrote: »
    Can you please tone down the TRICKERY! (Daily) from 10 to 5 monsters like you did with the Anniversary cats?
    Preying for the RNG and wasting so much time running around assaulting trick or treaters is not fun! It's Obnoxious

Yes please!! I figured after the cat reduction in September, trick-or-treaters and eventually Christmas presents would be logically next. Definitely consider this one, Kaiserin!

avianos wrote: »
    I was looking forward to get those auras on multiple characters but the [Trailing Runes Aura (Rainbow)] is a disappointment!

Only the Runes are coloured in the rainbow Hue! The Trail is stuck on white, the trail is NOT RAINBOW
    Eating a lot of the visual making the rainbow part of the aura really underwhelming
    On top of that the runes themselves are really small
    ​​
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The Trailing Runes looked so promising, but were a big disappointment to me. The way they zip around is like watching a roller coaster. If they moved at half their current speed it would be an improvement.

Eek! Thanks for the heads up, guys. I keep hearing the runes are so-so, which is too bad... I was considering picking a few up on various characters, but I don't want to put in considerable work to get a lackluster product.
    speanoz wrote: »
    Eek! Thanks for the heads up, guys. I keep hearing the runes are so-so, which is too bad... I was considering picking a few up on various characters, but I don't want to put in considerable work to get a lackluster product.

Some people like roller coasters! If you have access to PTS you can check them out without potentailly wasing real currency.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • shapey#5696 shapey Posts: 55 Arc User
    Bug: The Werewolf/Hunter Sidekick missions are being offered, but not awarding their appropriate rewards.

A player brought to attention that he'd completed the mission to acquire the sidekick, but was not given it thusly. I went and checked to see if it was even available, as I don't recall it being doable from Week 1, but sure enough, it is available to take and complete... for no rewards. Only resources and XP.

I can only assume this isn't intentional, and players are going to be completing their 5th today only to find they get nothing for their efforts.
    edited October 2021
    I honestly thought the spooky tights would be in a key pack. Don't make me wait...
  • nuxyrryxunnuxyrryxun Posts: 21 Arc User
    Also we maybe should not nerf the missions to separate the boys from the men. You could get over 200 tokens in one day. And that's just the first week. By reducing the trick or treat to 5 that kills the value of effort. Everybody shouldn't be able to get everything easy. Might as well just reduce the value of items in the event store to zero.
    Why are you defending the grind? The Trickery mission does not "separate the boys from the men", it has no skillcheck of any kind. It is just unnecessary, rng based fluffer.
  • sterben#1610 sterben Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can you guys get the server issues together. I swear the connections are always the worst during Halloween 🥴🥴
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Because it is so much effort to run around randomly looking for glowing people. The only thing it does is time-consuming due to the RNG, if it would not be RNG it would be fine but not like this, there is no effort in such at all. Also, you have to rival with others basically, even that they count together but most not know this.

Could people stop pretending to put a lot of time in something makes them some pro in it? You just have more time, reducing it makes it simply easier for people with less time. This is the main problem with a lot of MMO's today, grind made equal to skill and actual gameplay and fun. Making things take longer with RNG is not skill if you repeat the same things over and over again.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    You know trick or treater spawn is not random, right? The spawn in the same spots. Just cause no one bothered to make a map doesn't mean they are random. The locations are fixed, and the respawn is pretty quick. I have at least two set loops that run regularly to finish ToT, depending on where I want to park my characters.

Also, note that Dweomer does show up in the socrates search for emergencies list, so you don't even need to go back to RC to get and turn in the mission. Find a good loop on the outskirts of MC, and leave your toon parked there between runs. Less likely that you will be competing with someone else for the mobs. Can cycle through your toons really fast.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Yeah these are really frenetic runes. I like them a lot but wouldn't disagree if they were slowed down a bit.

You know trick or treater spawn is not random, right? The spawn in the same spots. Just cause no one bothered to make a map doesn't mean they are random. The locations are fixed, and the respawn is pretty quick. I have at least two set loops that run regularly to finish ToT, depending on where I want to park my characters.

Also, note that Dweomer does show up in the socrates search for emergencies list, so you don't even need to go back to RC to get and turn in the mission. Find a good loop on the outskirts of MC, and leave your toon parked there between runs. Less likely that you will be competing with someone else for the mobs. Can cycle through your toons really fast.

The RNG factor people refer to is the chance of it being a monster or not. Because often you can take 1 hour or so because RNGesus decides to let 20 of them in a row be none monsters.
    The RNG factor people refer to is the chance of it being a monster or not. Because often you can take 1 hour or so because RNGesus decides to let 20 of them in a row be none monsters.

An hour? This is quite the exaggeration! I got 10 "Happy Halloweens" in a row today and even with that I was still done in around 10 minutes. If you know the right places to go, you can find many trick-or-treaters in very close prximity to each other and grind it out fast. Is it boring? No doubt. But I think 5 cats take about as long as 10 trick-or-treaters.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Where '1 hour' means '5 minutes'.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    hell not sure why it is taking an hour for you man, even with over 30 on a map i can still run through 5 or more toons in an hour and finish.
    Not me but others according to Zone, my point here is simply that RNG can be bad at times. Because even in other games it can be a game, FFXIV comes to my mind with gathering, node shows 99%, but you can fail 5 times in a row. Or X-COM, 90% hit chance, and it misses right in front of the unit. Or Warframe and its drop rates.

All I am saying here is RNG is outdated and a bad game design to stretch out things. Lucky or not. But then maybe it's just me and the games I played that given me the view on this. It is not as bad, yes, but it can be bad at times.
    edited October 2021
    Exactly my point though. It's and effortless farm and people still want it easier. For the cats I can understand because... cats. ZA you get a pat on the back just for attending the herogames queue.

All I'm saying is no.

There is no rule in place that everyone should get everything. You have fairly enough time for this 3 week event. So hold the tears.

And yes

Time consumption is a form of mmo challenge to players. We don't have to like it but it is. If you cant get everything that's just how it is.

You know how much hours I work a day and still have time to clear out most of this shop and sleep in just this first week?

I farm the ten treaters I blast at rando mobs in my path. That's 100 from mobs 80 from pvp 20 from ZA 35 and another 50 from 5 times turn in from trick or treat plus new missions in later weeks. Stop crying!