test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with the ultimate telekinetic/telepathic build

benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
I am trying to come up with a character that has all of the aspects of a telekinetic/telepathic. Kind of like Jean Grey before she became the Phoenix but also able to control machines as well as humans.

This is what I want in the build:
  • Empathy: She can sense, imitate, and properly understand the emotions of another. She can take emotions from others, tell the difference between the truth and a lie, absorb pain to promote quick recovery, and trace through emotions.
  • Postcognition: She has the ability to see and know what happens in the past. She can recall long-forgotten memories, comprehend what transpires in a room, or can grasp how a pistol was used to murder someone.
  • Precognition: She can gain knowledge about future places or events before they occur. She can see glimpses of the future in order to comprehend its peril.
  • Psychokinesis: She can alter matter, time, space, and energy using just her mind. She can influence things from afar and produce the matter she manipulates.
  • Telekinesis: She has the ability to move physical objects using mental energy.
  • Flight: She uses Telekinesis to defy the pull of gravity and move through the sky without the assistance of technology.
  • Telepathy: She has the capacity to control and communicate with others only through the strength of her mind. She can also cause the victim or target to lose memory.
  • Mechanokinesis: She can mentally manipulate technical constructions such as computers, robots, hardware, and other items that may be classified as "technology."

Maybe something like this...

Vector - Freeform (Support)
v3.44:37

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Stressed Out, Siphoning Strikes)
Level 6: Mental Precision
Level 8: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
Level 14: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Telekinesis (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Dazzle)
Level 23: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Empathic Healing (Rank 2, Empathic Amplification)
Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
Level 35: Telekinetic Shield (Telekinetic Reinforcement)
Level 38: Thundering Return
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Jet Pack
Level 35: Cold Front

Specializations
Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Let me know what you all think and if this is feasible. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    You may not be able to represent some of those concepts that well in CO. Anyways, the current build is a bit of a weird mix of dps and support, while not being too efficient at either. I would also prob have an ally res in there. Here's an example edit of it:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Support)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tenebrous (Con: 8, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
    Level 6: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 8: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Fear Consumption
    Level 14: Telekinetic Barrage (Rank 2, Dazzle)
    Level 17: Empathic Healing (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Redemption (Rank 2, Salvation)
    Level 32: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Honor (2/2)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Alternates between TK Strike and TK Lance for single-target dps, while TK Barrage can be the main AoE. Ego Sleep can be thrown in to help debuff and proc things like Sentinel Mastery and Wither (TK Barrage's stun can also proc some debuffs). Empathic Healing can be the main ally heal, though you could change that to Psionic Healing if you want a long-range option. I kept the Drones in, though in some content they can be prone to dying to AoE (and then you may want to forget about them). You can also prob play this in the Hybrid role when out solo, for the personal dps boost. Gears mostly for Rec (for Fear Consumption and TK Reverb), w/ some Pres and Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
    Thanks Flow. Only thing is I really want Telekinesis in there. My character has to be able to move stuff with her mind. Is there any way to fit that into the build that you presented. Can I replace Telekinetic Lance with Telekinesis? I really don't want her to form any type of constructs.
    edited October 2021
    Well, then you get rid of your best single-target dmg attack by far. You could still make the sub since you're a Support, I suppose, if you don't mind losing that aspect of the build.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I'd drop the Support Drones for Mind Drain with the adv that heals others (I don't recall Jean Grey having robot pets). Drop Redemption for Telekenesis. Since Telekenesis is just for show you can then add R3 to the shield and a rank to the self rez, or you can burn the adv points and rank up Telekensis.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    Precognition exists in lore and tabletop but doesn't really have combat support.

Illusion powers could be the Psychic Pets but wasn't listed.

Also curious that you too chose against Mentalist passives. The power cost decrease and damage increases seem needed. If you don't like Congress of Selves, Seraphim has proven to be a worthy replacement that still at least has paranormal dmg boost.

Specifically for the build you're making when I think of the "Ultimate Psychic" I see their powers as mostly Offensive and not support and so I'd be inclined to go with Ego Form and Ego or Intelligence as main stat.

Also Time to Kill for Telepathy in CO is slower compared to other sets. Doesn't matter when soloing but in a team having time to hold an enemy and cast say "Summon Nightmare" usually enemies have been killed before you get off your attack rotation.

Finally any confuses or Enchantment powers and devices you take (Mind Lock, Mind Control, Blood of Corruption, Viper Brain scrambler, Alien Crystal, etc) also take lots of time to proc and get DPS and you should note that their DPS does not count to your Mission Credit (Open Missions).

- -

This thread makes me wish they'd separate Mentalist tree into frameworks that better represent the Brain and Mind powers we see in modern western comics.

Telepathy - Psychic Ranged
    Telekinesis - Physical Ranged
    Illusion - Psychic Pets
    Ego Weapons - Psychic Melee and/or Tank
    Neurology - Support (CC and Heal)

Allowing you to mix/match as freeform the aspects your character most wants to use.
    edited October 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'd drop the Support Drones for Mind Drain with the adv that heals others (I don't recall Jean Grey having robot pets). Drop Redemption for Telekenesis. Since Telekenesis is just for show you can then add R3 to the shield and a rank to the self rez, or you can burn the adv points and rank up Telekensis.
    Yea, I'd be happy to nix the drones from the build too. I wouldn't drop the ally res, though, if this is meant to be a Support build. Mind Drain is good, assuming he has it unlocked (and you'd want Dependency then).

Ultimately it'd be easier of the build were just a dps. I actually quite like 'dps' TP builds cause they can provide a ton of extra bonuses to a team for a dps unit (debuffs, background healing, CC), which can easily help make up for their lower personal dps in groups. This is more like something I would normally recommend (outside of including Telekinesis for the theme):

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 6: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 8: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Shadow Manifestation
    Level 14: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 17: Mental Leech
    Level 20: Mental Storm (Rank 2, *) * Get the Stress adv instead of R3
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)
    Level 29: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Expansive Intellect)
    Level 32: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Telekinesis
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 26/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

TK Maelstrom isn't necessary either, but it is nice to have here. Other potentially good powers to add would be Ego Storm, Ego Sprites, Summon Nightmares, TK Wave (w/ pull-in adv), reses, or even stuff from other sets that utilizes Fear (since that's also a Mental State). Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Con and Int. Could also switch to a Dex focus and use Mental Precision as the toggle/form instead (PRE/Dex/Con setup).