test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to try Tenebrous AT support/healer

omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
edited October 2021 in Builds and Roles
My FF slots are all spoken for and the Tenebrous seems like it has everything it needs right out of the box to make a good support role character (which I don't have yet) so this is what I've come up with. Does this look about right? And how would you suggest I play it as far as tactics etc in teams? I understand this build is majorly about Life Drain and standing near the tank during team play, but that's about the extent of what I know. I have no idea what kind of rotations etc are involved

The Tenebrous AT - The Tenebrous (Support)
v3.44:37

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Tenebrous (Con: 8, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 7: Agile (Dex: 8)
Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 15: Intimidating (Pre: 8)
Level 20: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 25: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 30: Tireless (Rec: 8)

Powers
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shadow Blast (Psychotic Break, Devoid)
Level 6: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Draining Shadows)
Level 8: Harbinger (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 14: Fear Consumption
Level 17: Soul Vortex (Soul Drain, Fear Machine)
Level 21: Ebon Void (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 25: Spirit Reverberation
Level 30: Grasping Shadows (Rank 2, Consumption)
Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 40: Dark Pact (Rank 2, More Souls!)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Mystic Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations
Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
Sentry: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Sentry: Precise (3/3)
Sentry: Sentry Aura (3/3)
Sentry: Fortify (1/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Yea, you may have to be careful trying to stand next to a Tank, depending on the content/context ofc. In general, the build looks pretty solid for the AT. I may trade Grandeur for points in Moment of Glory and/or Force of Will in Pres PSS, though, and you could trade R2 of Grasping Shadows for its DoT adv. You're generally going to use SBlast to put up Fear and Devoid, use Soul Vortex and Grasping Shadows when they're available, res dead allies, and use Lifedrain to keep up yourself and nearby allies (fortunately, you can move around freely w/ Lifedrain). You can swap to using SEmbrace to help w/ AoE as well. Healing is pretty reactive as a role overall, so to a degree you'll have to be a bit more fluid w/ the playstyle than you would for, say, a dps, but w/ practice it'll become easier to manage overall.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    Done and done, moment of glory probably works nicer with Fortify and since I already have some +def in my specs I'm probably safe to skip Force of will right?
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    For general alert game play or mobbing, Shadow Embrace with the adv should be able to keep up indefinitely since that power spam fear and that proc with the EU. For cosmic or general , you're more or less regulated to party healer and keeping the raid alive. Its possible to main heal a tank in a cosmic fight, but I wouldn't rely on that too much. Grasping Shadows and/or Shadow Blast with that adv to proc Sentinel Mastery during storm/after lava drop/dino green aoe. For TA, you're going have to use all your powers to make the most out of your AT. You should also be concern about your energy in TA, considering that Life Drain could drain your energy if you're not careful. So be mindful and try to get fear up at all time. Shadow Blast is going to be your best friend in TA.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    Good to know, thanks!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Done and done, moment of glory probably works nicer with Fortify and since I already have some +def in my specs I'm probably safe to skip Force of will right?
    Yea, you can skip Force of Will if you want. Its passive defense bonus can be pretty nice, but it's not essential to a Support.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!