test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/30/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
Anniversary
  • The Anniversary is over! The vendor will stick around for 1 week.

Auras
  • Fixed an issue where the Super-Shrinker Aura was not working properly.

Costumes
  • Fixed an issue where the Cyberpunk costumes auto unlocked if you did not already have the item unlocked.
​​

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Anniversary
      Auras
      • Fixed an issue where the Super-Shrinker Aura was not working properly.

​​

Thank you! I appreciate how quickly this was fixed and love the fact that I won't have to toggle on my Super Shrinker device anymore! <3
    • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
      Thanks for the Super-Shrinker fix!:)
    • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
      Anniversary
      Costumes
      • Fixed an issue where the Cyberpunk costumes auto unlocked if you did not already have the item unlocked.
      ​​

Please clarify. Does this mean if a piece autounlocked on your account it will be returned to you?
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
      edited September 2021
      ^^Just let it go... It was already free and easy to get.
      nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
      Is there only going to be the ONE tier of super shrinking?

I need to know before spending Q on the one and find out that a tier 5 shrinker will be soon coming.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
      "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
      jaazaniah1 wrote: »
      Anniversary
      Costumes
      ​​

Please clarify. Does this mean if a piece autounlocked on your account it will be returned to you?
      That would require them to remove the unlock from your character, which I'm pretty sure they've never done. Practically speaking I think the only effect of this (this year) is not being surprised and confused if you buy an unlock in the AH.
      Shrinker aura does not seem to be fixed. Every combat I grow then re-shrink in a couple of seconds. I should simply remain shrunk.​​

warcanch wrote: »
      Shrinker aura does not seem to be fixed. Every combat I grow then re-shrink in a couple of seconds. I should simply remain shrunk.​​

The Shrinker aura doesn't work in combat just like the device. It should disable when you enter combat and automatically re-enable when you leave combat.
      Shrinker aura does not seem to be fixed. Every combat I grow then re-shrink in a couple of seconds. I should simply remain shrunk.

The Shrinker aura doesn't work in combat just like the device. It should disable when you enter combat and automatically re-enable when you leave combat.

That's certainly not my understanding of how it is supposed to work. The Mega Magnifier auras work DURING combat. The Shrinker AURA should as well.​​

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
      Super-Mags and Super-Shrinkers work as their device versions did. It states in their item descriptions that they do not work in combat.

Mega-Magnifiers work in combat, but are flagged as disruptive fx.

There are no plans on making versions of the shrinker to work in combat right now.​​
      That's certainly not my understanding of how it is supposed to work. The Mega Magnifier auras work DURING combat. The Shrinker AURA should as well.​​
      The Shrinker aura is the opposite of the Super Magnifier (which does not work in combat), not the Mega.
      So the whole point of the Shrinker AURA was to be able to put it in an AURA slot and free up a device slot from the DEVICE version? NOT to allow it to be usable IN COMBAT, like the Magnifier AURA?

Are you kidding me?

And don't argue one is Super and the other is Mega. That is just semantics.

Guess I'll have to wait ... 3 or 4 years ... for the Shrinker version to work IN COMBAT.​​

So the whole point of the Shrinker AURA was to be able to put it in an AURA slot and free up a device slot from the DEVICE version?​​
      Yes. Which makes it completely useless to me, as outside of combat I'm more likely to be short on aura slots than device slots.
      So the whole point of the Shrinker AURA was to be able to put it in an AURA slot and free up a device slot from the DEVICE version?​​
      Yes. Which makes it completely useless to me, as outside of combat I'm more likely to be short on aura slots than device slots.

Tends to be the opposite for me. I prefer having it in an aura slot and freeing up the extra devices slot. I also found it annoying having to toggle on my device after combat and much prefer the aura version.

Maybe they'll make a combat version of the aura some day. I'd buy them.

Folks were asking for size changing auras for years. Now they're here. <3
    • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
      edited October 2021
      You removed Ladyhawk also when you added the Headmistress, but forgot to re-add her as well still, still missing, that happens when you stack those NPC'S along Caliburn and others. Can't you just, you know, move them to other spots? Or, you know, put them finally in the Crime Computer?
      Post edited by ansemthedark on
    • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
      edited October 2021
      Maybe they'll make a combat version of the aura some day. I'd buy them.
      Kind of like how people want to be able to have drawn weapons that they can use with Travel Powers?
      You removed Ladyhawk also when you added the Headmistress, but forgot to re-add her as well still, still missing, that happens when you stack those NPC'S along Caliburn and others. Can't you just, you know, move them to other spots? Or, you know, put them finally in the Crime Computer?

The devs clearly understand better than you that true immersive game play involves running around turning in/picking up missions since Until can't afford to give radios to just anyone.
      JwLmWoa.png
      Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
      Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
      jaazaniah1 wrote: »

The devs clearly understand better than you that true immersive game play involves running around turning in/picking up missions since Until can't afford to give radios to just anyone.

Clearly, like the immersive feeling of walking back in and out the Lab because you can't hand in and take the next mission as normal and the Lab being attacked suddenly as soon you walked out the door, apparently. /s
      edited October 2021
      Lady hawk is at Ravenswood campus between West Side and Ren.
      Lady hawk is at Ravenswood campus between West Side and Ren.

I am aware of that, but they also put her near Defender to save some time to not have to go back and forth between those mission locations. She was at two points at once on purpose but now gone on that spot near Defender again.
      edited October 2021
      I forgot I was grinding that eye aura for a few days now. Prolly the WOCC quest next. I like to keep a vehicle on my grind toon if I know I have distance to travel in the quest line. Then I just send it back to account bank when done.