test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Allow Disruptive FX

qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Champions Online Discussion
So, did you have this option On or Off? This option roughly allow you to see Fun Size players. Turn it off, and they turn back to normal sizes. State your reason as to why.

Allow Disruptive FX 36 votes

On
52%
flyingfinnrhymere#3035gradiistarflairexh4forumsshiningdarkness#0716sandukutupuoyo32speanozguyhumualslibbers2012lordxanaduthisiscraftaaavonqballnacito#6758littlemissmarshmetalheart#4270xerseez#8034kjollydev#2750 19 votes
Off
47%
nique554aesicanbkxsrenegade0wingedkagoutitheravenforceavianossapphiechuzwipezanthergentlegiantvexxretehi#8400symonstarashildr#7700drinkingchocs#2294negusonic#7245mysterion69omnius#0640 17 votes

Comments

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    On
    So i only read the "So," part...
    Missed actual Poll question.
    :#
    I'll withdraw my vote.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Off
    As a Tank main, but an active yet mindful user of Disruptive auras, I have to keep it off to stay aware of everything. I can't see attack tells on bosses otherwise if someone from Spruce Goose Airlines decides to jump and flap their wings.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    On
    I gladly sacrifice my gameplay in the opportunity of being big, because that is more fun than the gameplay of CO
    "but you play as tank and you're supposed to surv.."
    fun first, win later​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Off
    Can't see.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Hm. Can't answer, it varies. In situations where I actually need to either (a) see boss tells, or (b) be able to click on things (because the mega-mags affect selection area, which is mega-dumb) it's off, but for a lot of stuff it's fine to have on.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Hm. Can't answer, it varies. In situations where I actually need to either (a) see boss tells, or (b) be able to click on things (because the mega-mags affect selection area, which is mega-dumb) it's off, but for a lot of stuff it's fine to have on.

This.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Off
    Sorry big guys, but "off" because huge characters take up a lot of screen real estate and this game only lets me scroll out so far without using awkward commands.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Off
    Off. People use Disruptive FX just for the sake of being disruptive. Too bad the majority of mag users are lumped into the same group as the few inconsiderate ones.
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Off
    Because no.
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    Off
    Off, so many giants breaks the immersion of comic lore for me and I like being able to see everything
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
    I'll say this much for using a Mega-Mag V during cosmic fights with a 100' ranged dps: I could see MY damage floaters on all 3 cosmics without difficulty.

So far, that's my only real "positive" about it.​​

• Off
    Absolutely off.
    That device is an easy way for pathological show-offs to satisfy their need for approval.
    There is no reason to turn this thing on.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Off
    I think going forwards, it'll be off for me when in dense combat encounters.

I think it'd be fun to have active for a few seconds, but is much better as "off". Several individuals covered multiple reasons why it is good to keep it off.

Until of course, the "Super Shrinker" & "Mega-Minifiers" hopefully join the club...because I'll be using them!

But it does depend, sometimes like for RP, it'd be cool to respect the size that player characters "should" be or "grow" to.

• thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User
    On
    Personally, I think there should be a third option of "depends" or "maybe." I'll be having it on most of the time, but off in a situation where I need to be precise in movements if I'm playing a big character, or if I need to click on people precisely (such as playing a healer.)
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    That's funny to see all those "off" guys complainging about "all those giants everywhere" when "on" peoples notice there are only very few users of Mega Magnifiers, and most of them are friendly people :D
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    That's funny to see all those "off" guys complainging about "all those giants everywhere" when "on" peoples notice there are only very few users of Mega Magnifiers, and most of them are friendly people :D

Right now. We've certainly had the trolls that abuse super-sizing. Especially those that have multiple, eye-glaring auras going WITH their super-size.​​

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    On
    I only get testy when the giants have no reason being giants. Then it goes off.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Why not both?

On for fun (shhh... I didn't say the f-word!)
    Off when winning is needed

Is there a command or toggle for Disruptive FX? Because having to go into options mid-fight sucks.
  • rhymere#3035 rhymere Posts: 486 Arc User
    On
    On. Customization is the heart of CO and I like to see what people dream up.
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    Off
    I main healer, so it's staying off.

it's already annoying with someone with a giant character and huge flapping wings keeps standing behind me so I can't click a person who isn't in team up. seeing a bunch of giant characters would make it even worse.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    On
    The game is incomplete without it.
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    On
    I don't know, giant heroes have always been a thing in comics, I figure they should be a thing in the game as well, but I can't say I've ever had much luck seeing what's going on for boss fights even without giant toons running around. The problem there seems to be that the effect auras are smaller than the actual effect range do usually I'll get killed by something I can't see.
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    On
    I'd prefer to keep it on. It really adds to some costumes. Ofc then I see a 40' tall horse in a trenchcoat and sneakers doing gun-fu... and I just want it to stop.

Also if you are a DPS in group content (especially melee), have some respect for your fellow players and turn the thing off.

I'd really like to be able to right-click on a character portrait and turn off disruptive effects on an individual level. That would be ideal.

Seriously where does that horse buy sneakers the size of minibusses?
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited October 2021
    Off
    Since some people get unnecessarily upset at me for tanking Cosmics with the Mega Mags, be sure you bind the disruptive FX Setting ( "dfxAllowDisruptiveFx" 0 or 1 ) to a couple of keys to toggle it on or off.

Examples:
    Off: "/bind numpad0 dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 0"
    On: "/bind numpad1 dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 1"
    Thanks, Vexx.

I went a bit further:
    /bind numpad7 "dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 0 $$ sg DisruptiveFX OFF"
    /bind numpad8 "dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 1 $$ sg DisruptiveFX ON"

This way, I tell myself, since i'm the only one IN my SG, that the effect is ON or OFF.​​

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I won't turn on Disruptive FX, but I still feel bad when I seen teeny, tiny Vexx in MC now :(
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • omnius#0640 omnius Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    Off
    Funny thing is that even with this turned off there's still tons of power effects now that totally obscure TF out of mechanics you'd like to see more clearly and after all these years of that people still complain about knockback. Imma rolling a force cascade troll toon for giggles and keybinding a local chat that goes "WOOOHOOO CHASE YER FOOD!!!" when I scatter mobs everywhere =)

So if you join an alert with Annoying KB Man with a costume consisting of maxxed out body mass, hot pink briefs, and a pirate hat, that'll be me
    Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris
  • Thanks Vexx! ^.^

warcanch wrote: »
    I went a bit further:
    /bind numpad7 "dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 0 $$ sg DisruptiveFX OFF"
    /bind numpad8 "dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 1 $$ sg DisruptiveFX ON"

You should totally yell something out in local when you grow!

Funny thing is that even with this turned off there's still tons of power effects now that totally obscure TF out of mechanics you'd like to see more clearly and after all these years of that people still complain about knockback. Imma rolling a force cascade troll toon for giggles and keybinding a local chat that goes "WOOOHOOO CHASE YER FOOD!!!" when I scatter mobs everywhere =)

So if you join an alert with Annoying KB Man with a costume consisting of maxxed out body mass, hot pink briefs, and a pirate hat, that'll be me

Heavy Weapons needs a purse option so I can do a keybind for "THAT'S MY PURSE!" before sending enemies flying away!
    Or maybe I truly finish my Shoto-clone! ^.^

• slibbers2012slibbers2012 Posts: 13 Arc User
    On
    I have it on, but turn it off for events. Too many giant toons block me from seeing anything
  • starflairexstarflairex Posts: 77 Arc User
    On
    Always on, and seldom ever an issue in the places where it matters. I'd consider myself fairly active and only know of one player that's blatantly disruptive. That's it. I'm guessing I'm either just lucky, or folks just opted out from the start because of a couple of bad runs.