test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Visual cue on rez requests

meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
Right now we have this nifty button that pops up when a player goes down and that spams "I'm down, I need help!" messages to everyones chargrin. But, for what it's supposed to do, help locate players that need a rez, it does absolutely nothing. You know someone is down, but, especially in event or OM fights that tend to be on a large area and pretty chaotic, finding that downed player can be difficult. Therefore it would be nice to have a clear visual cue floating above the body, or a light pillar, something similar to how STO marks mission targets nowadays.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    CO has been marking missions with this on occasion too! OVs have a column of light over them so you can easily see them from a distance.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • There should also be a better visual for when someone is doing a Rez as well since the respawn button and call for help button use a window that blocks half visible the screen. Like an area of effect light similar to Transcendence or any of the sigil effects.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    God, imagine the visual clutter on screen when baby dino kills it's tank and then turns and kills 25+ dps and they all call for help. Ugh. There'd probably be groups of people who would choose to die just to pop up a bunch of annoying tells.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    There could be a toggle to make the tells only visible to those who need to see them.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    I'd be ok with a tiny upside down spinning pyramid that's noticeable only when you're actively looking for it. But I think something that would be in people's faces like a huge beacon would be too distracting.

Imagine at Dino if two soaks die and the visual assistance blocks the MT's view of mama's bites and wireframes.

Or worse yet, last phase of Eido with all the pillars spawning.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Why can't we just click on them and actually go to them?

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    It would help a lot of showing an icon I guess only when you click the target, so can click it from the Team up.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    stratluver wrote: »
    Dead players are untargetable. completely..... untargetable. You can see their name and chat bubbles, but not click on them...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Dead players are untargetable. completely..... untargetable. You can see their name and chat bubbles, but not click on them...

I know. But, that's the problem. Why can't we click on them? I never understood that.

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User

You can in the Team and Team Up menu tho.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    That still won't target them properly in the world.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I'd defo support this. Make it a disruptive VFX option perhaps
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    Just to toss in an additional annoyance factor: those players that use a Servitor Serum often self-rez but SHOW as prone on the ground.

So, if I'm just looking for the dead player and have no other visual cue, I see Mr "I ain't really dead now" and waste time trying to rez him, yet totally miss the actual, "i'm still dead" player.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"