test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Creepy Perk Detective Thread

12345679»

Comments

• ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    Before I start, I just wanna say, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

I found this a while ago. It's a set of high resolution coordinates that are displayed in the monitor's at the Alpha Module section of the GATEWAY Station in UNTIL (just take the teleporter to the station then use the big glowing elevator to reach the Alpha Module)
    PS: I guess since this is a new forum account I can't exactly post images, so here's the link to the screenshot instead:
    PSS: I can't post links either.

Either way, the coordinates read 8.397 for X; 5.512 for Y; and 0.399 for Z.

I used the command /navtoposition to find these coordinates in all major zones and the most likely contender for something was in the Desert. The coordinates lead straight to Snake Gulch, to the haybales just by where the High Noon vendor is posted at when that event is up. And the most notable feature about this spot is the Mechanical Hound, which was added a while back.

I brought this up to our SG and we tried everything we could think of but nothing seemed to work.

So, here I am. I'd love to have the screenshots so it'd be easier to explain but, new account. If someone else is interested in pursuing this, please post screenshots of the coordinates on the monitors and the spot they lead to in the Desert (or all the zones, if you'd like)

EDIT: You don't even need to access GATEWAY Station, these coordinates are also present in the main UNTIL building.
    EDIT 2: My bad, looks like @grievehart had already mentioned this a couple posts back.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    I wonder if there is any hint in Death Rattle mission line and Magic Imbued Gloves having any key role​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Beanie and Needle in the AH.

Beanie is a dog with a red bandana

Cheshire (QWZ) is a red dog without a bandana

Needle is a cat

Spiral is a cat

Spiral's comments give us the initials U N I T Y

Several people have examined the UNITY2 common mission space, and done the UNITY2 missions and found nothing (so far?)

The UNITY missions haven't gotten the same love, although I have examined the UNITY HQ several times and done a couple of the mission arcs, but that leaves many mission instances unexplored and because of the time constraints of the UNITY missions, you don't want to waste time poking around in the instances or you can't advance to the finale missions, where I would expect to find something important. Some of the UNITY missions are to kill x ambient spawn in surface areas too, which opens up a lot of ground to search for clues as well.

I have tried taking a bandana unlock item from high-noon and wind-up key costume unlock from the winter event to the creepies in QWZ, but that had no obvious effects.

• atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Oops, forgot to bring up the 2nd birthday of this thread starting. Though this month also counts as the 2nd year of finding Spiral without any progress, so.. 🎂😾
    Happy anniversary of no progress!
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Spiral's name is spiral, and the UNITY mission for cazulon has a spiral laser pointing right at it, it's a game of chance to get the mission, and spiral is in a game of chance booth. The pointed creepy here is Cazulon, I just don't know how to activate him, I've tried everything.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Just jumping in, trying available options.

Has anyone ever thought on why does Nightmare Colossus able to spawn in 3 different locations? It could be a reference to Nightmare Invasion OMs. Maybe once you kill it, it acts as a trigger on death? Also, considering Death Rattle 2 will soon be a thing, maybe we can find some clues in there?
  • Just jumping in, trying available options.

Has anyone ever thought on why does Nightmare Colossus able to spawn in 3 different locations? It could be a reference to Nightmare Invasion OMs. Maybe once you kill it, it acts as a trigger on death? Also, considering Death Rattle 2 will soon be a thing, maybe we can find some clues in there?

When I mean Nightmare Colossus I mean the one in QWZ.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Maybe once you kill it, it acts as a trigger on death? Also, considering Death Rattle 2 will soon be a thing, maybe we can find some clues in there?

Unlikely. 2 years ago when this goose chase started Kaiserin claimed all creepies were already in game. This doesn't mean that she can't add extra clues to help us out since we are stuck, but I wouldn't hold my hope into it cause again, it's been 2 years since the last creepy was found and she's been promising for more clues on more than one occassion and we are still waiting.​​
  • Gotcha. What about Aftershock then? I mean "Not All Walls Lock You Out" could also be related to memories. Maybe there is a creepy inside either Kovar's or Ellie's memories?
  • tfab10tfab10 Posts: 38 Arc User
    Out of sheer boredom, I thought of someones idea that "Not all walls lock you out" refers to the friendly eido area with high gravity, I took every vanity device I had, Xmas, anniversery, and the tinfoil hat ray and used them on eidolon's friendly npc. I thought one would wield a different result, the tinfoil hat ray, sadly all he did was motion his disappointment, the same as the other devices, a few other ideas, perhaps like fenny you need a action figure? of Shadow Destoryer/Dimensional Destoryer if there is one?
    Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?
    So I went to Burnside in the Desert and found this.
    https://gyazo.com/082f5acfd340e954b92ce238d17820f1

That a mysticism node I believe.
    Eidolon got fixed, one of the sliver linings of 2020. Now if we live through 2021 can we get a foundry?
    kamokami wrote: »
    While UNITY is probably a better candidate for a real clue there are some other ways to arrange the first letters of what Spiral says.

U Tiny

nuit ("night" in french)

What about the mission in steel crusade where you shrink down and go into someones brain, those maps clearly weren't intended to be "brains" there are strange formations and such all over the place that were there long before QWZ was announced, but it's a repeatable mission, with a creepy looking map, that leads into a Unity/Until Space station, so perhaps we should take a look at steel crusade.
    I took a look around, nothing that I could tell was added or changed.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    So I'm interested in jumping into the Creepy perks but I'm not sure of the best way to get started? I reviewed this post and it sounds like Cheshire is the starting point? Any advice for a creepy perks newbie?
    So I'm interested in jumping into the Creepy perks but I'm not sure of the best way to get started? I reviewed this post and it sounds like Cheshire is the starting point? Any advice for a creepy perks newbie?

So far, you run around in QWZ at eachspawnpoint till you get the first 4, then it gets kinda harder, you need to find a fenny plush in carl's gym, then find the actual action figure unlock item and have it in your inventory, with 1 hotdog, 1 anniversery soda, and 1 slice of anniversary cake to wake fenny, next you need a sovsons voodoo hat costume unlock item in your inventory and head to the mc powerhouse and give it to the teddy bear in the powerhouse theature's back room and punch him until he transforms, and lastly defeat one of sammies dolls until it drops an arcade token, then use the arcade token on the machine near fenny, then head to the cords listed in the blue screen of death jumpscare. That's all the ones I know of, we've still yet to find all of them.
    Thanks tfab10!!! I'll check it out. From the descriptions, I can see see why they aren't easy to find/unlock!
    edited May 2020
    https://imgur.com/a/uOx5JNLSmokey has been moved, and replaced by randomly generated untargetable cats.
    Here's to 3 years of no progress. 🎂
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
  • jenniferloganjenniferlogan Posts: 44 Arc User
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a 'Creepytaco' perk for lobbing a taco on Cheshire in the QWZ. Has this been observed already?
  • I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a 'Creepytaco' perk for lobbing a taco on Cheshire in the QWZ. Has this been observed already?

This is the first I've heard of it. But I did go and check on my Creepies character, and I didn't get any perk. It doesn't show up on my perk list either. Maybe there's a previous perk you have to unlock first.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    i-helped.jpg
    We've been testing a bit in the SG tonight; for whatever reason I'm the only one so far to unlock it. When I did get it, I approached Cheshire under the entrance platform and hit him to lock him in place. Then myself and mastercontrol7 opened up on him for a bit, seeing if he would display similar behaviour as Buster in Teleios Tower. After that I lobbed a taco on him and got the perk. Not sure if it matters but I was the team leader at the time, and it was only us two in the team.

I have all the documented Creepie perks in this thread unlocked, in case that helps.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Just to check, there are still only 7/13 creepies found, right? The Creepy Guide thread only shows the first four QWZ ones. Then there's the Fenny, the Teddy, and the Virus Socrates?

I don't know if this has been tossed out, but Cheshire being a red wolf made me think of Black Fang, another red-headed wolf. Then that thing about walls not locking you out, in the Dog Pound instance Black Fang is standing behind a destroyable saloon door. In the room back there besides him there's a safe, a couple cat carriers/kennel cages, and a TV blaring the Foxbat show.
    edited November 2020
    We've been testing a bit in the SG tonight; for whatever reason I'm the only one so far to unlock it. When I did get it, I approached Cheshire under the entrance platform and hit him to lock him in place. Then myself and mastercontrol7 opened up on him for a bit, seeing if he would display similar behaviour as Buster in Teleios Tower. After that I lobbed a taco on him and got the perk. Not sure if it matters but I was the team leader at the time, and it was only us two in the team.

I have all the documented Creepie perks in this thread unlocked, in case that helps.

I went to QWZ with some tacos, and hit chesire with one, he vanished after it was used, so perhaps you need to damage him before he vanishes

Edit: I damaged him first, then tossed the taco, but he vanished shortly after I did damage to him, would you be willing to try to show me how you did this, while I'm recording to test how to get this perk, and provide proof?

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but there's a 'Creepytaco' perk for lobbing a taco on Cheshire in the QWZ.

That's an interesting lead. I'm having a hard time getting that perk myself. I did manage it on one character after a few attempts, when I Ebon Ruined a fresh Cheshire in the back then tossed a taco. I tried a similar setup with other characters (with or without all the current Creepy perks), but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm not sure what the necessary conditions are.

The perk description doesn't offer any further clues, but the icon is pretty glamorous for a taco.
    N7DfpmW.jpg

I tried chucking some water balloons at mini-Sammie (to see if it relates to her Soaked aura) to no avail. But given the inconsistency of the taco perk, I'll keep trying just in case.
    I took a screenshot of my perk listing, hopefully this will qualify as proof. It's taken the day after I got it though.

C850BA2AFE855877FFAE262C52ACDA3F76BB1D7A

And sure, send me a tell when I'm ingame and we can try to replicate. My ingame handle is @Jessica_Raven.

From your description he disappeared even though you hit him; this differs from when I got it. I usually get him to stay put by having my energy builder turned on and target him as soon as he appears, then whack him with a Haymaker (it has the challenge advantage, not sure if it matters). After that he, or any of the QWZ creepies, stay put and don't disappear until I get out of range.
    That's an interesting lead. I'm having a hard time getting that perk myself. I did manage it on one character after a few attempts, when I Ebon Ruined a fresh Cheshire in the back then tossed a taco. I tried a similar setup with other characters (with or without all the current Creepy perks), but have been unsuccessful so far. I'm not sure what the necessary conditions are.

Glad to know I'm not the only one who has managed to get it. You're the first person other than myself I've heard has gotten it. What is clear is that even if Cheshire is locked down by me, noone else I've tested with has gotten the perk when they've thrown a taco on him. Not sure whether you have to lock him down yourself in order to get it; given what you write it seems unlikely though since you tried the same thing on several characters?

The icon seems to be a gray variant of the standard taco icon though. I'm not sure if this perk is a clue or required badge in the Creepy chain or just an anniversary perk. I've tried visiting Spiral and feeding her (him?) tacos since getting Creepytaco but no reaction.

On another note I've also locked down the other QWZ creepies and tried an assortment of devices on them, such as the Googly Eye Ray, Party Bomb (single use), taco (single use), family sized water balloon (single use), snowball and supersize snowball (permanent), tinfoil hat ray and the dried mistletoe (the perk reward). No result so far from these.

• mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    tfab10 wrote: »

I went to QWZ with some tacos, and hit chesire with one, he vanished after it was used, so perhaps you need to damage him before he vanishes

Edit: I damaged him first, then tossed the taco, but he vanished shortly after I did damage to him, would you be willing to try to show me how you did this, while I'm recording to test how to get this perk, and provide proof?

I had the same problem I think it chained or need steps to unlock or to have the NPCs to stay around or to even get the perk, so I'm going through the Progress of doing the Sammie Lil dolls quest* hopefully I can get this done before the week is out since I Underestimate mission completions time...

TYPO*
    Post edited by mastercontrol7 on

That's an interesting lead. I'm having a hard time getting that perk myself..

Yeah, I've already wasted 5 tacos on 5 different Cheshires without any success. I really hope that this isn't only exclusive to obtain during the Anniversary given how similar the icon is.

Least it's good knowing we've at least found something after 3 years... but only to lead us absolutely nowhere.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    I managed to get the CreepyTaco perk today. I had tried a few times before without success. This time around, I got it by hitting Cheshire with a taco without having attacked him first. Other tries, I had locked him down with attacks and then tried throwing a taco at him.
    I just got it too! I tried throwing the taco without attacking him a few times, with no luck. At the maybe fifth or six time I saw him, I attacked him a couple times and then threw, and got it, so it just... seems to be random?
    I just got it too! I tried throwing the taco without attacking him a few times, with no luck. At the maybe fifth or six time I saw him, I attacked him a couple times and then threw, and got it, so it just... seems to be random?

Yeah it does seem a little random. Congrats!!
    Let's go boys, 4 years now 🎂
    ..I think this cake's gone stale.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The next one on the list is cazulon from the nemesis mission. I just can't figure out how to activate it. It's a game of chance, which spiral sits in, the chance is that you'll get this mission, and spiral is that the entrance is under a spiral laser. I've tried everything though, and I can't activate it. Good luck.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    I'm not entirely sure that this is intended, but it is possible to force a Creepy to remain active in one spawn point. I've not observed this before (nor have I tried) but might be something worth knowing about if we needed to look at them for a bit longer.

Also I could have sworn Sammie has both a soaked and statue-esque / stone / earth aura active. Can anyone else confirm?
    edited April 2022
    You can make any Creepie remain active at a spawn point. It seems to be when a status effect is applied vs just damage. You're also correct that Sammie has both auras. My suspicion is that there's a Sammie doll or action figure hidden somewhere, since Teddy and Fenny are very literal versions of what you're looking for, and Sammie in QWZ does not look exactly like her Vibora version. Her aura looks like cracked porcelain to me, which could bolster the idea that there's a cracked and soaked doll version of her somewhere.
    edited April 2022
    [img][/img]m9gpeM3.jpg

Here's a picture of the Sammie Creepie and her profile pic. You can see the earth/cracked aura as well as the soaked aura. I don't think her aura has the falling debris effect like the legacy Earth form aura.
    So was gonna do my 5 year celebration with no progress but.. we got something(?)
    Revealed to us by @Dreadwolf3 it seems like the Cheshire models got recently updated. No clue if it was as recent as this Bloodmoon or maybe when the Untamed lockbox came out given they were likely modeled by the same person who did the costumes for that lockbox.
    Still though, it's only a reskin. So still trekking on with no progress.
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    unknown.png
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png

"Don't call me lizard!"
    edited April 2023
    So, April Fools event is up, themed around bugs. The big boss's description is "This is not a Creepies clue." With that said... maybe it's a Creepy clue! It's a big Qularr with Shadow Destroyer shoulders and Black Fang tire armor and tail...

For what it's worth, the "Unscheduled Maintenance" mission from Defender has the following text, in case any of it means anything:

"A large swarm of ERROR//1313131698RESTART invaded the city! We need you to send them back from whence they came! The city is relying on you to 404 NOT FOUND."
  • crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,583 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    I've just been getting into this after finding about the Creepies perk like a week ago from Zone chat. I came across a coin and used it last year having no idea it was involved in this.

Also I don't have a Sovereign Sons Top Hat for the last creepie you all found so I've been farming for one. If anyone has one to trigger it for me, that would be appreciated.

So maybe, for anyone who hasn't thought of it, be sure to grab a copy of the Cat Treats from Foxbat's place. It is an item that you can get even after unlocking the perk. You can buy Dog Treats and even a Chew Toy from the werewolf or vampire lounges as consumables, so maybe they can be used with other items for the cat and dog in the AH.

I also noticed that Chesire sometimes gets Aura of Arcane Clarity just before they disappear.
    Post edited by crypticbuxom on
    I've just been getting into this after finding about the Creepies perk like a week ago from Zone chat. I came across a coin and used it last year having no idea it was involved in this.

Also I don't have a Sovereign Sons Top Hat for the last creepie you all found so I've been farming for one. If anyone has one to trigger it for me, that would be appreciated.

So maybe, for anyone who hasn't thought of it, be sure to grab a copy of the Cat Treats from Foxbat's place. It is an item that you can get even after unlocking the perk. You can buy Dog Treats and even a Chew Toy from the werewolf or vampire lounges as consumables, so maybe they can be used with other items for the cat and dog in the AH.

I also noticed that Chesire sometimes gets Aura of Arcane Clarity just before they disappear.

I have an extra Sovereign Sons Top Hat you can borrow if you'd like to ping me in-game. Same handle as my forum handle. Welcome to the Creepies hunt :)
    edited May 2023
    Well I'm going for this again. Kaiserin said that older perks fall under the things that "could" work. So I'm going for some Rogue Gallery ones. Contaminated Wildlife has titles like Dogcatcher and Trapper which might be something.

It better not be any of the Nemesis ones, because some of those are broken and haven't counted up since On Alert. Frozen and Demon minions, the ladder having the Exorcist title, are impossible to acquire.
    Has anyone tried looking for Creepies with Stealth Sight?
  • cait#6361 cait Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Ok, so i discovered this a while ago and got really interested in completing it. I really like this kind of hidden stuff in games XD

After some investigation and reading, i was able to get the 7 creepies everyone seem to have, but no discoveries have been made for 6 years!!! I really want to break that block and get a new creepy, so i'll make a recap of what we have so far:

- The first 4 creepies are in the QWZ, which are: Chesire, Sammie, Teddy, and Fenny.
    - We don't seem have any info regarding Chesire.
    - Same for Sammie...
    - Teddy was the 6th creepy, and got us the 'Not all walls lock you out' hint.
    - Fenny was also found as the 7th creepy and gave us 'The cat may have answers'.
    - We also found the 13th creppy after using an Arcade Token and going to the mentioned coordinates on the error screen, giving us the clues 'The end is Nigh' and 'Always Watching'.
    - Only after we have the 7th creepy, if we go to the Game of Chance stand, Spiral will appear, and ordering the 5 words it gives us, we have 'UNITY'.
    - We also have Kaiserin's hints on the release patch notes from 10-19-2017, where the words 'odd' and 'perks' are written in zalgo, followed by a hidden line in binary that says 'find me'.

For me, this all suggest we have two leads, one being Spiral, and the other Kaiserin's hints.
    - Spiral seems related to UNITY, and as someone said, there is a mission we can get where there is a spiral laser, but getting this mission is random, a 'game of chance'.
    - The 'Not all walls lock you out' hint, and the hints from Kaiserin's post.

Since the post from Kaiserin only mentions one perk (Thrill of the Hunt, which gives the 'zombie dance' emote), I tried using the hints we have so far and linking them together, but obviously i'm missing something... After a week farming the 30k kills needed for it, I went to Vibora Bay's laberinth and tried the zombie dance on all NPCs (the one at the entrance, Bowii, and the one at the end). got nothing so far, but 'no walls lock you out' seems to point this place, and i want to think that 'find me' is about Bowii inside it, who appears in the center if no enemies are nerby. This leaves me with the believe we may also need an item related to the other words in zalgo on that post: 'odd' and 'perks', which could possibly point something else on that post, like that werewolf head bug.

This is all i have and tried for now, but i'm willing to revive this thing and finish it for good, so if anyone is interested in investigate and help with any finds or hints, you are all welcome :3

PD: if it is no problem, and as 6 years have passed since last public progress, i would like to ask Kaiserin or any other developer if this perk is still fully obtainable and if someone has made any progress on it beyond this point. If not... may i also ask for a little new hint? XD
  • Hi. Old player here, browsing the forums for nostalgia.
    I see this "Not all walls lock you out" hint, and one of the first things I think of is how it's decently easy to break out of bounds in some zones. Millenium City is the easiest, I'm assuming because of the relatively high number of players lagging up the map, where you can just repeatedly jam into on of the invisible top corners of the map with a big vehicle, or keep teleporting.. It appears to be kind of random, and sometimes it takes a few minutes but eventually you can get out.

You can then explore many "interesting" locations, such as the giant Qularr ships which used to have a small non interactable door (strange for something out of bounds), there are also some interactable objects like fork lifts and stuff scattered around the out of bounds world.. there are also westside ruins, and I remember being creeped out by a particular spot where you can hear and eerie sound and the walls have a weird texture that I saw a face in. This was all before creepies were introduced though, I think.

Another interesting out of bounds locations include the Resistance version of MC, where you can go up to the giant island in the sky, and most of the city is changed in odd ways.
    You can also somehow break out of the luxury appartment hideout and explore a dumbed down version of MC with no ren cen, and the moon hideout, where you can go walk on the moon. However, I don't personally know how to do those two.

Seeing how absolutely no progress has been made for a while and the community barely has half of them, I thought it might be something to consider. My apologies if discussing out of bounds stuff is disallowed, uh.. yeah that's it.
  • cait#6361 cait Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    I honestly don't think these out of bounds locations are part of the creepies, mostly because these are bugs, and because of that 'they are not fair' (something Kaiserin has pointed a few times here). So this hint has something to do with actual intended game stuff, like Vibora Bay's maze, or Eidolon's Throne in QWZ.

It may also have to do with one of the multiple broken or breakable walls in the game that allows you to enter somewhere 'by force', like how you enter Mechanon's spaceship at the beggining of his mission, or the giant dome at the irradiates area, that you can access through a cave. At this point, it could be anything like that.

Anyway, the way i see it is that all hints should be pointing straigh to one thing, so we should try and guess what the perfect match for it is. The hints are pretty simple to be honest, so the answer should also be on the same line. With that said, i see potential on what others have said here before about the firewall phase on Cybermind's alert, even if those 'lock you in'. That room could be hiding something, and the next time the alert pops up, i'm gonna investigate it.
    Post edited by cait#6361 on