test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Advantage points

lordxanadulordxanadu Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2021 in Suggestions Box
I've been away for a couple years so this has probably been brought up before. It seems to me that with the increased point cost of a number of advantages, plus the addition of many more, the 12 year old limit to our advantage points seems very inadequate. Now all these changes may seem fair and balanced to some and I'm not going to argue that. But those points have to come from some where and I find that I have to cannibalize all of my travel powers down to nothing. So, my suggestion is, that we be given 2 advantage points that can only be used on travel powers. In the same way travel powers became their own category separate from the general power pool.

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Or, hear me out, those should level passively with the Character and should not need the points at all, same for Forms imo.
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    All of the above, x100.

Travel powers should level by themselves, yes.
    More adv points, yes.
    4 per power slot would be just about right.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    lordxanadu wrote: »
    I've been away for a couple years so this has probably been brought up before. It seems to me that with the increased point cost of a number of advantages, plus the addition of many more, the 12 year old limit to our advantage points seems very inadequate. Now all these changes may seem fair and balanced to some and I'm not going to argue that. But those points have to come from some where and I find that I have to cannibalize all of my travel powers down to nothing. So, my suggestion is, that we be given 2 advantage points that can only be used on travel powers. In the same way travel powers became their own category separate from the general power pool.

There's the option to acquire one of a number of travel power devices. Many of them now come at rank 3. The real advantage to having one is getting a rank 3 travel power. They tend to be expensive but that seems to be the current way to get those extra advantage points for powers.
  • cbob312cbob312 Posts: 79 Arc User
    Perks should grant advantage points so we have more reasons to explore and do various things in the game instead of just sitting in MC grinding alerts.