test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about dying during open world cosmics and smash alerts

I'm considering ditching my self rez because I don't do rampage or lair teams and for alerts I'd only be doing smash. And for cosmics it'll basically just be Kiga, ape, and calender events. My question is about completion rewards. If I die and use a respawn point but it completed before I make it back to the area, will I lose the rewards? Or because I'm still on the team as I make my way back, do I still qualify for them even if it finishes before I get back into the immediate vicinity?

Haven't played for 10 years and I can't remember how any of that works anymore
Unholy Consult | Pantheon | Lazarus Frost | Sword Saint | Gammatron | Blackguard | Imperator | Sardaukar | Risen Osiris

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    You should still get the reward as long as you've scored enough for it. I've had that happen to me recently at a Cosmic and the reward was waiting for me after I ran back from the respawn point.
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    I'm starting back up again after not playing for awhile either. The only thing about self-rez's is that I don't really miss having it, until I reach content that locks you out on death. Then I wish I had it... *shrugs*
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Only thing you can miss out on it is, if you have a disconnect before the rewards drop, even if you are on the scoreboard. Basically if you are not Online for it, it won't drop, otherwise, being dead and or on the way back not matters as long you are on the same map still.
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    I have experienced an issue where I did not get rewards if I was caught in a loading screen from recovering while the OM finished. But that's avoidable by not recovering when the mission is about to finish. Otherwise, as long as you are still in the same zone as the OM, even on the other side of the map, you will get rewards if you have enough score to qualify.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The other issue is of course that it takes you a bit longer to run back from respawn, which will reduce your score, but that's not a big deal. Outside of Eido I don't bother with self-res at cosmics.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    If you don't do content that locks you out for hitting the recover button, I would just ditch the self-rez. On some occasions, it's arguably faster and more helpful to the group to just recover and run back than to wait on healers who are busy keeping the tanks alive.

If you're willing to grind the currency for it, the Phoenix Tear is a handy self-rez device to have in case you want to do Eido or content that locks you out for recovering. That way you can equip/unequip as you see fit, without dedicating a slot to a self-rez power.