test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/23/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2021 in Release Notes
Anniversary Week 4
Foxbat steals the show!
  • New Mission: Complete Mechanon Menace 5 times, rewards the Super Retro Dr. Destroyer Boots.
  • Added Super Retro Dr. Destroyer Belt, Leg Armor and Gloves to the event store.
  • Added Retro Talisman hair to the event store.
  • Added various perks for completing retro costume sets.
  • Cyberpunk costumes will drop from the Foxbat Dance open mission this week.
  • Taking out a cat action figure this week will earn you a new dance!
  • Logging in this week will grant you the title "Big Fun."
  • The weekly store features various Foxbatcon items!

Alert Week
  • For the next week the alert bonus week will be running!

Magnifiers
  • We have added new types of magnifiers to the Questionite store.
  • Magnifiers have been removed from the ZEN store.
  • There are two types of auras, the Mega Magnifiers and the regular Super versions.
  • Super versions act like their device counterpart, can be seen by others regardless of disruptive fx setting, but cannot be used it combat.
  • The Mega magnifiers can be used in combat, but require the disruptive fx setting to be enabled to see other people using it.
  • Added an exchange store on Fixer to swap device versions of Super-Magnifier/Shrinker with the aura version. This is only for the Super versions of the Magnifiers, and does not include any exchange for Mega Magnifiers.

Questionite
  • For the next week special travel powers will be available in the Questionite store.
  • For the next week the Trade Paperback event will be running.

Costumes
  • Updated the materials on Cyberpunk costumes.
  • Added Curly hair option. This is a default costume piece.
​​

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    I don't see anything new in the travel powers section of the Q store
  • guyhumual wrote: »

It's the expensive ones at the top
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

They mean those overpriced Legacy Powers for 2 Million Questonite and the Overseer one for 6 Million even. They keep trying this each year now with them, like someone will spend millions on one travel power, seriously.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

It's the expensive ones at the top
    Those were there before, did they take them away at some point?
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    I think they also added device versions of them.
    Forgot to mention the free "Virtual Armor" costume set in the zstore this week.
  • slibbers2012slibbers2012 Posts: 13 Arc User
    The Arc News says the Magnifiers are
    40K, not 400K
  • Anniversary Week 4
    Foxbat steals the show!
      Cyberpunk costumes will drop from the Foxbat Dance open mission this week.
    ​​

Thanks for making the cyberpunk costume drops get used right away so they can't be traded! ^.^

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Last week kind of anti climatic event store and dailies wise but I don't want to farm no more anyways. Thanks work the curly hair and the cat dance though. It has been a hefty farm for the past month. Let's jump into bloodmoon right away next week.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    I was hoping the Foxbatcon Bag would also be in the store this week. Alas.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    BUG: The Super-Shrinker Aura is still resuming to normal size after a couple of seconds.

Costumes
    • Updated the materials on Cyberpunk costumes.
    • Added Curly hair option. This is a default costume piece.​​
    ^ These are great! :+1:
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The Arc News says the Magnifiers are
    40K, not 400K

Oooh, i'm gonna get 360k refunds.
    Or maybe the News are misinforming, again.
    Maybe i'll get the 360k.
    Aww. They chang...fixed it.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Anniversary Week 4

Magnifiers
    • There are two types of auras, the Mega Magnifiers and the regular Super versions.
    • Super versions act like their device counterpart, can be seen by others regardless of disruptive fx setting, but cannot be used it combat.
    • The Mega magnifiers can be used in combat, but require the disruptive fx setting to be enabled to see other people using it.
    • Added an exchange store on Fixer to swap device versions of Super-Magnifier/Shrinker with the aura version. This is only for the Super versions of the Magnifiers, and does not include any exchange for Mega Magnifiers.
      ​​

it's a good thing that it can be choose to enable or disable it, because it was quite annoying to be forced to see something I didn't want to see not only in normal, but also during battle.
    It would be even better if this setting could be applied to Super Magnifier as well.

These devices should be used only by those who want to use them, and seen only by those who want to see them.
    Because this is not a requirement, it's just a device for fun.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I have a suggestion for Super Maginifer Aura.

I don't know if people prefers it working that way but as soon as you are not in combat it regrows instantly. Creating an annoying 'I don't no if I'm big or small loop.'

Suggestion:

Maybe put a 5 second aura cool down on it. So it will only activate 5 seconds out of battle.

Again I don't know if people would not like this. Just my opinion. Because I punch a chair I got small the got back big asap. I could see having this equiped in certain situations off putting.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Anniversary Week 4

Magnifiers
      ​​

it's a good thing that it can be choose to enable or disable it, because it was quite annoying to be forced to see something I didn't want to see not only in normal, but also during battle.
    It would be even better if this setting could be applied to Super Magnifier as well.

These devices should be used only by those who want to use them, and seen only by those who want to see them.
    Because this is not a requirement, it's just a device for fun.

And it's OFF by default. So if you have never ever touched the option, you haven't lost anything. Everything is like it has allways been.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    So I was dumb and saved up a bit too much favor on one character, does anyone remember if the previous weekly stores (travel powers, hideouts, archetypes) rerun when they bring all the event stores back at the end of the year? Because I've got a lot of leftover tokens and nothing I really want to use it on now!
    IIRC, the weekly stores do not come back.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    Added Curly hair option. This is a default costume piece.

Thank you. It was one of those simple pieces that was weirdly missing as an option.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga