test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hideouts?

Newer player in Champions...so a possibly bothersome question...

What are Hideouts for?

Can you decorate them like in SwtOR or DC Heroes?

Can you put trainers and such in there?

From what Ive saw in the Zen Store they look nice...but are they of any practical use (xp bonus if you log in one...buufs or boons?) or are they just a decoration that we cant change to fit our toons, and are stuck as purchased?

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Can only change costumes and comes with an account bank. Which is very useful.

They are a bit small, dry and static. Customization is passable but not very great.

To get fair customization you'd have to buy more than one of the same type. Example I like using the 'Penthouse' Luxury and Loft combo.

Hideout trainers are not possible because after you log out within a hideout for a while you get spawned back into main zone.

They feel empty in my opinion. The previous devs could do a lot more with them. Like put parked or idle aircrafts and vehicles in some of them. But we can't collect separate furniture to put in them and probably never will. That's just a dream I had.

And if hideouts are to be revamp you can very well bet that will be at the bottom of list of priorities.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    Hideout trainers are not possible because after you log out within a hideout for a while you get spawned back into main zone.

They feel empty in my opinion. The previous devs could do a lot more with them. Like put parked or idle aircrafts and vehicles in some of them. But we can't collect separate furniture to put in them and probably never will. That's just a dream I had.
    They originally had plans for ways to expand the Hideouts with more rooms, like one room for testing powers. You can enter the expansion rooms for the Moonbase Hideout in the Ladyhawke missions, as it's the same map with the storage access console removed and tailor altered.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    If you don't want to worry about which of your heroes you are storing what on hideouts are vesy useful. You can buy additional rows of storage as needed. There might be an upper limit to the amount of storage one can add, but I haven't hit it yet. I suppose people who do RP can find other uses as well.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Hideouts are required if you want to trade account bound items or drifter salvage between alts as the hudeout comes with a shared bank.
    All come with a crime computer and costume change place.
    They each come with a few different options for small cosmetic changes.
    Past that they are mostly for fun or as a makeshift Super Group meeting place.

Several have little added features. I have not seen them all yet but for example the moonbase comes with hibernation pods and blast domes that open and close. Sometimes one version will have a feature another does not. The Sanctums come to mind on that note. And as was noted by someone earlier, if you have more than one of the same category of hideout. You can mix and match some of the appearance options.

Word of advice is to never waste money on the Basement hideout. It is really tiny and has been a giveaway in the past.

If you want to see some of the hideouts there are missions that make use of them. Foxbat Con and Nighthawk events both use modified Penthouses. And the last mission in the first segment of the Midnight Depths serial makes use of a modified Moonbase. There might be more. But those are the only two I have noticed so far.

Personally I have been enjoying the three I have picked up so far. Two for theme for alts and one out of curiosity as it looked nice. Will probably get one more eventually for the same reason. Currently I use my Alchemist Sanctum as the groups HQ.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    I see... just another abandoned project. We should be able to store more than drifter salvages; Dev tokens, questionite. I won't waste my time griping on this. It is what it is.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    I store all my questionite on one charater and spend/redistirubte it as needed. Dev tokens I have never had a use for since there is nothing I want in that store. Hideouts are also nice for storing Ramampge tokens, which are functionally account bound that way.

Some currencies are account bound, others character bound and that's the way of it, as with many other aspects of the game (auras, vehicles, etc.)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    I would like to see new hideouts
    rojan1987 wrote: »
    I would like to see new hideouts

The dev who did that is no longer working on CO and so it almost certainly won't happen. People have been asking for years for more hideouts.
    JwLmWoa.png