test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/16/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2021 in Release Notes
Anniversary
  • For the next week Mega Destroids are attacking the Champions Building!
  • New Mission: Complete Destroid Dustruction 5 times, rewards the Retro Talisman Jacket costume. Note: Destroid Destruction mission is only available this week.
  • Added Super Retro Destroyer Helmet and Mouth Accessory costumes to the event store.
  • Added Retro Talisman Clothing to the event store.
  • The weekly store features travel powers this week!
  • The Sparks Joy perk will be available this week due to an issue causing it to not trigger last week.
  • Logging in this week will also grant the Retro Fix perk.
  • The sound for the Anniversary Gifts has been lowered and won't trigger as often.

Tailor
  • For the next 2 weeks all tailoring will not cost any globals.

Qularr Invasion Simulation
  • Added Alien Organic Sword Style 1 and 2 as possible drops from this alert.

ZEN Store
  • For the next week the Fire Hair Pack can be claimed for free.
​​

Comments

• meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Anniversary
    • The Sparks Joy perk will be available this week due to an issue causing it to not trigger last week.
    Thanks!
    Anniversary
    [*] The sound for the Anniversary Gifts has been lowered and won't trigger as often.
    God, YES!
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    Anniversary
    • The sound for the Anniversary Gifts has been lowered and won't trigger as often.

This is already the best update in years
    period​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
  • rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Anniversary
    I don't know what this will sound like in-game yet, but finally! I can't stress enough how annoying that sound is and how people opening gifts don't seem to care about doing this around crowds. It was so bad that I would take off my headphones while it was happening.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Any chance that any of the Alien Organic Rifles could be made useable as back costume pieces? Maybe the Alien Organic Pistols could be made Leg and Belt Accessories?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Loving the new costume pieces! :)
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Anniversary
    [*] Added Retro Talisman Clothing to the event store.

Love it! But could we please get the shorts as an option for Female Toons too?
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    Uh, were the magnifier auras and UI option meant to be pushed live as well? Because someone let me know they're now available on the Q store, I went and bought them, and the mega-magnifiers don't even work.
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Why can't the Shrinker be used in combat, too?

B4w4hto.jpg

Plus, you return to normal size after like a hot millisecond, what's up with that? :confused:
    Post edited by spordelia on
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Nice week. Thankfully I can slow down now that I have all the needs.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The helmet looks like it just escaped from
    epelesker wrote: »
    Uh, were the magnifier auras and UI option meant to be pushed live as well? Because someone let me know they're now available on the Q store, I went and bought them, and the mega-magnifiers don't even work.

The largest one seem to work fine.
    And the Aura release may have been an accident. :#
    Probably going to hear more next week.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2021
    We had intended to release them next week, but they slipt into this week's build.

That said, if they are not working for you, you likely already have another magnifier effect running. They will not stack with any others.

There are two types of auras, the Mega Magnifiers and the regular Super versions.

Super versions act like their device counterpart, can be seen by others regardless of disruptive fx setting, but cannot be used it combat.

The Mega magnifiers can be used in combat, but require the setting to be enabled to see other people using it.

We will add a conversion store for people who want to convert the device versions of super magnifier/super shrinker to the aura versions next week, but there will be no conversions for Mega magnifiers.​​
  • epeleskerepelesker Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    I figured out the issue. The auras weren't activating because of the Giant Growth advantage on Enrage, I think. If my Enrage power is on, the aura won't work even if equipped. I was pretty sure that this wasn't the case on PTS, but given that the megas persist through combat, it makes the advantage sort of obsolete?

To clarify, the mega-magnifier aura activates only when the Enrage+Giant Growth advantage is toggled off and runs out.

Can also confirm that the Super-Shrinker aura does not persist and returns to normal size after a few seconds.

UPDATE: Just went on the PTS and the current build there also counts Giant Growth as an effect that can't be stacked. Looks like I may have a respec in my future...?
    Post edited by epelesker on
    ----
    Heroic Roleplayer @epelesker | PRIMUS Database Moderator | Brigade Advocate
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    > We will add a conversion store for people who want to convert the device versions of super magnifier/super shrinker to the aura versions next week, but there will be no conversions for Mega magnifiers.​​

Not to sure what this is saying. You cannot convert a Super Magnifier device to a to a Mega Maginifer Aura?

Either way I have to get several of them anyway.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    epelesker wrote: »
    UPDATE: Just went on the PTS and the current build there also counts Giant Growth as an effect that can't be stacked. Looks like I may have a respec in my future...?

Well, fudge.... :s

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!