test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 9/2/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited September 2021 in Release Notes
Happy 12th Anniversary Champions Online!
For the next month we will be celebrating!
  • Added Super Retro Dr. Destroyer Visor, Retro Talisman Belt, and Retro Talisman Boots to the event store.
  • Added Spiked Aura (Head, Hands, Feet) to the event store.
  • The week 1 rotating store features a variety of Archetypes!
  • The Qularr Invasion Simulation Alert will be running for the next month. Talk to Headmistress Rowan for a daily mission.
  • The Destroids Rise Again open mission grants event currency during this event.
  • Reggie needs your help! Talk to Reggie and Martha Reece to save lost cats!
  • There is a weekly mission that gives a Questionite and XP booster device.
  • Logging in during the Anniversary will grant the "Top of the Hour" perk.
  • Logging in this week will grant the "Singing & Laughter" perk title.
  • Known Issue: Drifter currently has the Destroyer's plans missions available, these cannot be completed until next week.

ZEN Store
For the next month you can claim a free goodies bag once per account:
  • 1x Royal Spirit Bike
  • 1x Vanguard Gear
  • 1x Character Slot
  • 1x Account Wide Respec

New 12th Anniversary Key Pack:
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Cosmic Keys
  • 1x Super Retro Dr. Destroyer Armor Costume
  • 1x Teleport to Rencen Device
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Lockbox
The Sandstorm Lockbox is now available!
  • Prophetess Loyal Sidekick
  • Sandstorm Costume Box
  • Sandstorm Aura Box
  • Lounge Emote
  • Dust Devil Costume Transformation

Sandstorm Costume Box
  • Sandstorm Tights 1
  • Sandstorm Tights 2
  • Sandstorm Helmet
  • Sandstorm Mask
  • Sandstorm Collar 1
  • Sandstorm Collar 2
  • Sandstorm Shoulders 1
  • Sandstorm Shoulders 2
  • Sandstorm Chestwear 1
  • Sandstorm Chestwear 2
  • Sandstorm Accessories 1
  • Sandstorm Accessories 2
  • Sandstorm Bracers 1
  • Sandstorm Bracers 2
  • Sandstorm Hipswear 1
  • Sandstorm Hipswear 2
  • Sandstorm Leg Armor 1
  • Sandstorm Leg Armor 2
  • Sandstorm Greaves 1
  • Sandstorm Greaves 2
  • Sandstorm Shoes 1
  • Sandstorm Shoes 2

Sandstorm Aura Box
  • Dust Cloud Aura
  • Dust Cloud Aura (Black)
  • Dust Cloud Aura (White)
  • Dust Cloud Aura (Rainbow)
  • Dust Fall Aura
  • Dust Fall Aura (Black)
  • Dust Fall Aura (White)
  • Dust Fall Aura (Rainbow)
  • Dust Particles Aura
  • Dust Particles Aura (Black)
  • Dust Particles Aura (White)
  • Dust Particles Aura (Rainbow)
  • Sandstorm Aura
  • Sandstorm Aura (Black)
  • Sandstorm Aura (White)
  • Sandstorm Aura (Rainbow)
  • Quicksand Aura
  • Quicksand Aura (Black)

Onslaught
  • For the next week the Onslaught Event will be running.

Items
  • Camera height now scales with Magnifier Items.
  • Animation speed now scales when using Magnifier items.

Perks
  • Added new perks for unlocking the Graceful Bow and Swim Stance emotes.

UI
  • A new option called "Allow Disruptive FX" is in the Basic Options menu. This is off by default and will be used for future updates.
  • You can use the command dfxAllowDisruptiveFx 1 or 0 to quickly enable or disable it.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    So, looks maybe like earth power revamp coming soon.

Always good to see the devs still have a sense of humor. R3 vehicle mods still in the event store for 5 currency! Woot!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Big fun on it's way... 👍

I rate this lockbox above Space Western. Very desirable pieces 👌
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Definitely a top tier lockbox. Great costume, nice auras, dope emote, and a transformation to boot. Best box we've had in recent memory.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    The emote is good, some of the costumes look cool, but I unlocked 20 boxes and got 4 costumes and 6 auras, and in my opinion that's completely unacceptable. I'm not opening lockboxes for auras, and auras usually don't have a decent resell value. Auras need to much rarer than costume drops to make up for the fact that most people don't want them, or they need to be made like costume parts that unlock across your account. or maybe you need an aura collector that'll by auras you don't want, perhaps for Q, Zen, or G, but right now buying keys to open these aura infested lockboxes isn't advisable unless you want the auras.
    In other news, the bonus character slot we got from the Anniversary actually worked on my account! I'm up to 162 character slots! I got a whole new character slot to save till the next Defender Training program. Thank you very much. In the past these additional character slots weren't claimable but I was pleasantly surprised to find that this time it did. Again, thank you.
  • nacito#6758 nacito Posts: 969 Arc User
    how many of each anniv currency source we can do daily before they stop dropping? in qlaar, destroid rise again and destroyer factory​​
    Just another reptile lover, known in game as @nacito
    4hszgc1knoyo.png

This is a big journey, so far if you're reading this, wish you a good day
    guyhumual wrote: »
    The emote is good, some of the costumes look cool, but I unlocked 20 boxes and got 4 costumes and 6 auras, and in my opinion that's completely unacceptable. I'm not opening lockboxes for auras, and auras usually don't have a decent resell value. Auras need to much rarer than costume drops to make up for the fact that most people don't want them, or they need to be made like costume parts that unlock across your account. or maybe you need an aura collector that'll by auras you don't want, perhaps for Q, Zen, or G, but right now buying keys to open these aura infested lockboxes isn't advisable unless you want the auras.

I opened 40 boxes and got 13 costume boxes and 3 aura boxes. In other words, you results may vary.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    how many of each anniv currency source we can do daily before they stop dropping? in qlaar, destroid rise again and destroyer factory​​

The real money is saving lots of cats on lots of characters.
    JwLmWoa.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    guyhumual wrote: »

I opened 40 boxes and got 13 costume boxes and 3 aura boxes. In other words, you results may vary.

So it's just my lousy luck? I'd have preferred 0 aura boxes
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited September 2021

ZEN Store
    For the next month you can claim a free goodies bag once per account:
    • 1x Royal Spirit Bike
    • 1x Vanguard Gear
    • 1x Character Slot
    • 1x Account Wide Respec
    ​​
    I am quite happy with this gift. Thanks.

If you're curious about what quicksand aura does, here is a link
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/393186310673924101/883207132416192542/quick.webm
    Post edited by qawsada on
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    When I saw the title of the lockbox, I thought, finally, a sand based power is coming to the game.
    For context, Sand transformation/manipulation framework is one of the three that do not exist I really want.

Then when I checked ingame, there are only cosmetic auras, no powers!

Now I feel disappointed.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    Will Double XP be on this week? I was thinking it will be on week end or
    so???

The scavenger hunt mission seems pointless to player who done it year prior. We get 20 gifts but who really cares about that? Turning in this mission in a perfect reality should drop a few Anniversary Currency.

The even store is certainly packed with good quality items I was too lazy to farm last year. I was happy to much new stuff wasn't added to strain me. I immediately got a migraine trying to figure out what to farm for first.

Still happy about the lockbox. It was the first time in months I buy out most of what I wanted on the first day.

Last time I check goddam lounge emote selling 1 for 500g at lowest. Does unlocking 5 make it account wide? I feel like those that unlock account wide is important to state in discription.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I was figuring there should be an ultimate where a giant worm comes out of the ground and eats your enemies, but also no.
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    I was figuring there should be an ultimate where a giant worm comes out of the ground and eats your enemies, but also no.

Thresher Maws available on planet Tuchanka.
    Just don’t let Kalross see you take any of her children.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • ayala725ayala725 Posts: 18 Arc User
    I cant believe I had to log in to submit this obviously missing but totally obligatory post:

This Lockbox is Darude Lockbox.

As Youthful As Life Allows.

• n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    The PERK "CATURDAY" is not completing, and instead, the message "Mission Dropped: Caturday" is popping up as a system message when the perk's requirements are met.

I submitted a ticket, but the potatoes you call GMs only informed me that they couldn't reset missions, and told me to share it on the forums.
    Post edited by n8mcd on
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »
    The PERK "CATURDAY" is not completing, and instead, the message "Mission Dropped: Caturday" is popping up as a system message when the perk's requirements are met.

I submitted a ticket, but the potatoes you call GMs only informed me that they couldn't reset missions, and told me to share it on the forums.

It also "dropped" Stuck in a Tree and Hang in There.

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    OV week ended early? Rewards are back to normal. Tuesday morning.

stratluver wrote: »
    OV week ended early? Rewards are back to normal. Tuesday morning.

I did them this morning (ca. 5:00 EDT) and was still getting the bonus.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Make Sandstorm Bracers 1 to Gloves.
    Thank you.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rinzler156rinzler156 Posts: 102 Arc User
    I opened up 200 lockboxes, and in total I was yielded 0 Harmon Catalysts. The chances of the Harmon Catalysts are very very low. Now yes, they're extraordinarily good because of what they could do, but you'd have to have a fat paycheck and the determination to invest in many lockboxes to even get one.

Other than that, the auras are great, but perhaps we could have it so that you can redeem a special 'aura token' to the lockbox vendor herself to get to choose your aura? It'd have to be balanced mathematically speaking if you do that, but it would yield more value to the auras. These auras definitely look solid, and that idea would accentuate said value.
  • So, tried to get enough tokens to buy archetype. Failed. Will they come back during event?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Yes. Next year.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Yes, but tokens do not carry over. With only cat rescue going on max return was 350. Grinding only produced another 100 or so. Seems like an impossible target to attain. There was a second mission, but no targets.