test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Threat Wipe Device when?

glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
edited August 2021 in Suggestions Box
I understand that the game is old, it wasn't meant for the content that the devs are STILL miraculously making work, so we need to wipe threat.
I'm mostly a tank anyway, but I hate the fact that you have to waste a power slot on threat wiping on a DPS.

So yeah, would be amazing to have a device that wipes threat, possibly one of each TW power's animation for flavour. Shared cooldown of course.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    But ... they want you to make the choice to take a TW power, or not, so not going to happen.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    But ... they want you to make the choice to take a TW power, or not, so not going to happen.

You think it isn't, or was this discussed and officially stated?
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Yeah, no, I disagree on such, Powers are there for choice and should leave such open, pr else people will ignore them because hey you can get a device for it now. We got enough devices people prefer over the normal powers already. Or do you also buy the Triumph Recovery for a self resurrection or rather have one always. Look at Sidekicks, while pets seem never to get a fix or update. Not give them such dump ideas, for god’s sake.
    glortor wrote: »

You think it isn't, or was this discussed and officially stated?

Not discussed, or stated. Just my read of what the devs have been doing. I mean, if they REALLY wanted to reduce aggro problems they could boost the amount of aggro generated in the tank role (while reducing the amount of aggro generated by all other roles) and dramatically increase the amount of aggro boost granted by aggro mods. This would elminate the need for TWs in most situations (maybe not Eido, but they could change that mechanic). Since they aren't doing any of those things, my take is that they want OP players to have to burn a power on a TW. The other choice they give players who worry about OP builds grabbing aggro are those threat reducing Off mods. So, I don't see TW devices as a thing.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    A threat wipe device in the hands of a tank is just too tempting, lol
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    glortor wrote: »
    I understand that the game is old, it wasn't meant for the content that the devs are STILL miraculously making work, so we need to wipe threat.
    I'm mostly a tank anyway, but I hate the fact that you have to waste a power slot on threat wiping on a DPS.

So yeah, would be amazing to have a device that wipes threat, possibly one of each TW power's animation for flavour. Shared cooldown of course.

As far as I can tell, threat is working as intended. There can be some "sticky" aggro at Kiga after multiple failed runs but it's commonly overcome. This appears to be a game mechanic and not an error or the result of the game being older.

I tend to doubt the Devs will create a device that would render the threat wipe powers obsolete. I suppose they could make one with a much longer cooldown so a reason may remain to choose a threat wipe power over or in addition to the device.

Wait! Are you implying that certain chicken-themed tank heroes might purposefully TW shortly before the end of a dino run, just for yucks and trolls? That would be fowl indeed! ;)
    JwLmWoa.png

Wait! Are you implying that certain chicken-themed tank heroes might purposefully TW shortly before the end of a dino run, just for yucks and trolls? That would be fowl indeed! ;)

That would be cluckin' hilarious.

Go lay an egg you troll <3 XD
    Back on topic though. The point of a TW device is that on some endgame content you absolutely MUST have one, while you also must have a ton of other stuff that you don't otherwise need on other content.
    People who run TT regularly for example, wouldn't mind not having to even take a TW power on top of all the other things when retconning your powers isn't exactly user friendly in this game to begin with.
    edited August 2021
    Jokes aside, I think tanks and their investment in threat mods have spoiled DPS to the point where they think they can build for endgame content without certain "must have" powers.

For example, Active Defense, threat mods/gear, and an interrupt for Kiga's dogs are considered "must haves" for serious Cosmic tanking. Just like how team revives and self resurrection powers are considered "must have" powers for endgame level Support roles.

A threat wipe really is the only "must have" a DPS ever has to take in this game for endgame level content. They could even get away without an Active Defense if their game is on point. Everything else is "nice to have".

A threat wipe device is a definite "nice to have" (I'd take it! 😈), but the ability to clear threat really should be considered important enough to be given a permanent spot in an endgame-level DPS build from the get-go.
    Post edited by zwipezanther on
    Jokes aside, I think tanks and their investment in threat mods have spoiled DPS to the point where they think they can build for endgame content without certain "must have" powers.
    Toggle, passive, energy unlock, energy builder, a single target nuke, a crowd clearing aoe, a buff and/or debuff, these are the must have powers for a dps, and most of this is true for the rest of the roles too. Single target heal, aoe heal, for a healer, single target taunt and aoe taunt for a tank.
    For example, Active Defense, threat mods/gear, and an interrupt for Kiga's dogs are considered "must haves" for serious Cosmic tanking. Just like how team revives and self resurrection powers are considered "must have" powers for endgame level Support roles.
    These are important things yes.
    But tanks have an aggro device, passive devices, things that make their lives easier and healers have numerous devices as well.
    A DPS really needs more survivability if it is going to build for optimal damage and another heal or an active defense would be much better to have in there than a threatwipe that literally only serves any purpose on the 3 big bosses and in TT.
    A threat wipe really is the only "must have" a DPS ever has to take in this game for endgame level content.
    Like I explained above, no.
    DPS has to take the same stuff but doesn't have the survivability and generates as much, or in worst cases, even more, aggro as a tank does. A Threat Wipe device would mean that you can have one more heal or one more survivability aspect otherwise, in your build, which would, trust me, not go amiss.
    They could even get away without an Active Defense if their game is on point. Everything else is "nice to have".
    It just shows that you mostly play support and tank. I play all roles and let me tell you that if you don't have an AD on your DPS you'll get rekt more than you have fun watching yourself get one shotted in a game where we were supposed to feel like a superhero. XD
    A threat wipe device is a definite "nice to have" (I'd take it! 😈), but the ability to clear threat really should be considered important enough to be given a permanent spot in an endgame-level DPS build from the get-go.
    Which is why the device is a good idea, yes. Thanks for confirming <3
    What's up with the personal assumptions?

You know all my toons are dual passive, right? One of my tank/DPS has an interrupt for Tank form AND a threat wipe for DPS form. One of my tanks doesn't even have Resurgence.

If a dual role setup can manage to fit in a threat wipe why can't a single role DPS?

I'm actually tempted to roll a single role DPS just to prove a point, lol
    I'm actually tempted to roll a single role DPS just to prove a point, lol

The CO gaming world squwaks in anticipation! ;) Will he be named Single Role Dps Rooster Man? Maybe Rhode Island Red? Make it so! Kind of hoping for something really fowl like a chicken-based sorcerer.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited August 2021
    @jaazaniah1 Ha! I'm actually trying to think of a theme right now with only a TW as a defensive power, I'll let you know lol