test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I Can't Play the Game

Hey everyone! I seem to be having a problem getting into the game lately. Last night I played some cosmics, then logged off. When I attempted to log back on, the launcher wouldn't come up, all I got was a Steam window telling me "access denied".

Has anyone else had this problem, and what did you do? It's not Steam, I don't think; the other game I have from them comes up as it should.

Comments

• dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    I had an issue after one of the updates, where my launcher exe file got deleted. I also use steam, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the game to get it to work. I was worried I might lose some things, but everything was fine once the game launched. You could try that and see if it works for you.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    Thanks, that did it. I was hoping to not have to uninstall anything, but I should have known I'd have to. Oh, well.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    I'm never sure why people use Steam or the Arc system when the game launches fine from just the .exe file.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'm never sure why people use Steam or the Arc system when the game launches fine from just the .exe file.

Because most people are not aware of it sadly, especially with Arc forcing yourself on you, but you even can uninstall Arc after you downloaded CO, so, I not see the point of the launcher at all besides downloading, worse for me also, I am German, if I set it to German it not shows CO due it not supports German language anymore, it apparently used to very early before I played in 2011 according to some screenshots on Google and review sites. At least it is not as bad as the Epic Fail Launcher.