test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP system rework

Hello everyone,

Since PvP isn't worth it, considering the rewards are not good enough, aside from suggesting the gear from the vendors to be changed, I want to suggest a new PvP system.
The system I want to propose is similar to the PvP system of another MMO, Guild Wars 2.
Specifically, since some players have amazing gear while others are still grinding for some decent gear, the game mode is not very balanced. So, (at least in some maps) instead of using your own gear, players have to chose some specific items (from a big variety) with predetermined and balanced stats, and use it solely on the arenas (devices can be included in this system as well). This would mean a player with 1000+ hours on the game would have the same gear with a player that just hit LvL 40 with their first character. The difference between them would be the builds (power,stats,specializations) and the personal skill of the players.
I think this would make the whole PvP system more fair, more balanced and more fun for the average player, and balanced enough for ATs as well.

I can go into detail on this system, but I would like to hear what other players have to say/suggest.
My username is Tasos-EG, but I can't change it :#

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    The devs barely have time to do anything on the PvE system, so this is dead in the water.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • tasoseg#9218 tasoseg Posts: 28 Arc User
    That's sadly true.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The devs barely have time to do anything on the PvE system, so this is dead in the water.
    What are they occupied with though? I know that other things are more important than the PvP system though.

• edited August 2021
    That's sadly true.
    What are they occupied with though? I know that other things are more important than the PvP system though.

With minimal effort, lazy ways to leech money off people ofc. What else flabby parasites would be doing?
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    That's sadly true.

Well, they never tell us their plans because they are afriad that vocal players will consture the plans as promises and give them endless grief for not fulfilling their plans/promises when stuff happens and they can't stick to their plans.

In general what they seem to do:

Quickly release new Lockboxes to make money

Slowly revamp powers.

Even more slowly add new missions or revamp old lairs.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    I am a fan of GW2's PvP gear system. You can literally go head-to-head with the best of them in less than 10 mins of making your character. Just set up your points, pick your gear, and jump in.

However, I feel WoW's system of having separate point allocations for each of the 6 build options may work out better for this game.

Not to play devil's advocate, but they could easily lock separate point allocations behind a Zen paywall similar to the aura slots. If they did, I'd make a PvP build with trauma, nailed to the ground, etc. and start hitting up the Hero Games.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    > @stairs0 said:
    > Hilarious as that might be, I think Kigatilik is a more suited opponent, PvP got enough drama as is lmao

What's funny about it? Explain.
  • tasoseg#9218 tasoseg Posts: 28 Arc User
    Hilarious as that might be, I think Kigatilik is a more suited opponent, PvP got enough drama as is lmao[/quote]

2 questions:
    What drama surrounds PvP?
    Do people play PvP on CO? :open_mouth: