test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

More ways to earn GCR

legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
I find myself frustrated at earning GCR at the moment, I’m a competent DPS player, whilst I understand how cosmics work the down time is too limiting in the time I have available I can barely get much done so when they are up and it doesn’t go well (ie numerous resets, people leaving etc) it really kills my enthusiasm for it, some people have more time so it’s less of a worry to them and I understand that but I’d like more ways to earn GCR that isn’t time gated I do always try to find a team for TA but it’s hard going finding people that want to go through that… tonight it looked like I had a chance at getting my 3 cosmics… all I got were resets and people going AFK, I tried to stick it out but I’m the end I realised I was out of time and achieved nothing worth while. I’d have been better off chair farming.

Comments

• legionexxodlegionexxod Posts: 43 Arc User
    Really the only reason I want to earn GCR right now is just for the legendary primary set, perhaps if there was an alternative like from doing super villain onslaught or another activity. I wouldn’t mind it being a bit different like having stat bonuses of + 30 to secondary super stats for the 2 piece and + 10 critical severity for 3 pieces. Just an alternative idea I’m throwing out.
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Maybe even the ability to convert silver to gold would be good?

edit: but i guess the fear would be that no one would do cosmics? At that point, the content may need to be tweaked if players hate doing the content and having to wait 9 hours for the refresh
    edited August 2021
    Conversion would have issues but I can see the appeal for more casual players, but I agree you don’t wanna do something that’ll disrupt activities through people not needing to do it.
    One thought I had was what if there was an event or quest series that rewarded players for playing through the hero games with GCR. I have wished that people would play hero games so much, pvp is fun but I think people would rather spend their time grinding things that make a bigger difference to their account… at least that’s one reason, making it lucrative to do so could renew interest in pvp and pvp builds. It’s just a two birds one stone idea. I think events should have GCR as an option for completing the play x number of z type missions too.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    TBH Cosmics are the fastest way to earn GCR. With a properly equipped and experienced group, you can knock all 3, sometimes 6 on populated days, out in 20-30 min. I've been in cosmic rotations that took even less than that.

Right now, a lot of the more experienced tanks, CCer's, etc. are stepping back a bit and mentoring the new class.

But then again, 3 tanks in the Dino DPS pile using Defensive Combo during checks, people who never CCd before practicing on live without Manipulator using a shifty bridge power, DPS who wake up hearts when they're far away but somehow avoid hitting them when CC says they need to be killed, and healers with Dependency as their main burst heal choosing to rez DPS that's been laying there for 2 minutes over healing the MT who's at 20% health isn't helping speed things along either.
    You make a fair point, it got me thinking… why don’t they do a weekly mission for completing all 3 cosmics that way even those of us who just can’t get to a cosmic on a daily basis would have an income for when they do get do do the cosmics, and it would encourage players to attend and learn the mechanics of all the cosmics, something like supervillain onslaught’s “playing both sides” mission.