test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Grant 1st Travel Power at level 2]

gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
edited August 2021 in Suggestions Box
Recently, I've helped bring several people to the game, and realized the excruciatingly slow tutorial that already has been reworked.

I can already imagine folks leaving the game because they feel like the combat and speed will be just as slow.
How about we liven the tutorial up to give a much better first impression by:
having a Powerhouse trainer NPC hologram next to the starting area grant you your travel power at Level 2.

We walk a short distance to take care of some bugs fine; but after, no super hero should be spent running like a normal civilian to cross several blocks to the next mission.
Can guarantee this will raise more eyebrows and keep more players interested in completing the tutorial with their new ability, plus it prematurely shows who they will be talking to to edit their powers and selections.

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Honest opinion, Travel Powers should level with your character passively already, with Level or Stats, having to rank them seems a bit outdated and feels often like a waste of points if you end up in areas where certain Travel Powers can be at disadvantage like not able to hit flying enemies or areas that disable them completely again like Warlord or Cybermind. Give one from the start and not at level 6 in the power house, make it part of the power choice in the Character creation screen. While we at that, not a big issue, but can we add certain Tier 1 powers to that are missing there and can only be chosen in the Powerhouse.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    TPs should get R2 at lvl 10 and r3 and lvl 20. Nothing says "I'm a 2nd rate hero" like the crawling speed we have to endure until lvl 40.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!