test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20210707.17 - High Noon Week 2

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2021 in PTS - The Archive
High Noon
  • Added Drillbit Bracers and Arm Accessories costumes to the event store.
  • Added Frayed auras to the event store.

Powers
  • Fixed an issue where Hand Cannon and Shoulder Launcher did not knock the main target.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Fixed an issue where a doorway was blocked.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Why no Frayed Aura Body? Holding that for next year?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    if you keep making new auras, we will need to be able to buy more aura storage ... just sayin'.
  • Options
    andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    And how about more Bind to account instead of Bind on Pick up so more than one character can get it or even a character that will be made in the future.
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    > @kaiserin#0958 said:
    >
    > Powers* Fixed an issue where Hand Cannon and Shoulder Launcher did not knock the main target.

I love this Dev. No body that talks fowl in trouble with me.

Concidering how virtually useless this knock was.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    And how about more Bind to account instead of Bind on Pick up so more than one character can get it or even a character that will be made in the future.

For a while now, event store auras and costume pieces are usually bind on pickup while the same items are sometimes added as bind on equip rewards/drops for the event missions. It would be nice if the new items could be added to the drop tables for the Ascii for Trouble and/or Snake Gulch Mechanon missions. So far I've only gotten action figures from the Mechanon open mission which is a bit lackluster...
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Doing only one a day I got military pose and countdown transformation no AFs.

Bind to account on auras escpically. Majority of the time we don't know how its gonna look on the character even given the preview picture. Event auras can stay bind to character because its not that hard to obtain.

Sidekicks could use and unbound token in z store. You get 1 chance to unbound to your account. Then binds back to toon when equip. But just and idea I'm to all that behind it.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    What grinds my gears is the imbalance to other events with drops, while Winter Event for example drops like crazy or Bloodmoon, Nightmare or High Noon on the other hand you not even get close to get one Emote or Transformation, and those need 10 to unlock account wide on top, while those that drop like candy need only 5 at times even. Ut means a lot if those rarely are in the Auction House at all in a game with a lower player base while zombie and snowball Emotes and Transformations overflow it a year after still.
  • Options
    heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 154 Arc User
    What grinds my gears is the imbalance to other events with drops, while Winter Event for example drops like crazy or Bloodmoon, Nightmare or High Noon on the other hand you not even get close to get one Emote or Transformation, and those need 10 to unlock account wide on top, while those that drop like candy need only 5 at times even. Ut means a lot if those rarely are in the Auction House at all in a game with a lower player base while zombie and snowball Emotes and Transformations overflow it a year after still.

I still think removing emotes from the event store was a genuine mistake, even putting aside my bias, heh. I legitimately grinded out the 150 or so event tokens on 10 characters to get the emotes account-unlocked. Some events it's easier to get that much than others, but still, that's a decent chunk of extra playtime. On the other hand, I have never bothered trying to grind the events for an emote to randomly drop as loot. I've literally never gotten one despite doing the events once a day or so, so I just stopped caring. Sometimes I'll buy one on the AH if someone happens to put one up, but that's pretty rare. Other than the Foxbatcon ones, at least those are super-common, if anything more of the event emotes should be like those!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    It's the same with mods. Nigh useless defense mods rain down on us at cosmics, but the electricty utility mod you can only get from Hi Pan when it rolls around 7x a year. Electricity is not even an OP power set, but PA, which is has buyable mods from the vendor. No real logic or sense of proportion to mod availability.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    if you keep making new auras, we will need to be able to buy more aura storage ... just sayin'.

Definitely. I'd kind of like aura storage to be the default storage place for auras too. It's annoying to use auras on a character that you switch builds a lot with, because your end up getting all your auras placed in your main inventory and clogging things up. Some QoL for auras is definitely in order along with more storage options, please!
  • Options
    panthrax77 wrote: »

Definitely. I'd kind of like aura storage to be the default storage place for auras too. It's annoying to use auras on a character that you switch builds a lot with, because your end up getting all your auras placed in your main inventory and clogging things up. Some QoL for auras is definitely in order along with more storage options, please!

Try putting the aura into your aura storage and then slot it. When switching builds the aura should go back into your aura storage instead of your main inventory. I have a toon that swaps auras between 4 builds and they all swap in and out of my aura storage.
  • Options

You can purchase additional aura storage from the Zen store, per character. It occasionally goes on sale, so you may want to wait for one.
This discussion has been closed.