test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Service Disruptions? (7-8-2021)

Recently, me and two friends went doing the Serpent Lantern quest series, and we were plagued with constant disconnects every time we had a loading screen. It essentially turned into Russian roulette whoever was gonna get booted every time we hopped in and out a bunker.

Every time we got booted, the game also completely forgot our credentials, and no matter what we filled in, it always kept complaining 'wrong username/password' for all three of us. The ONLY way to log in was by completely restarting the game.

But it seems also the site itself was being a pain, since the site too kept complaining about wrong name/password. Even did a password request to 100% ensure I wasn't accidentally forgetting something, but even with the new details, nope.

Has anyone else been having issues today with this game/site? I just came back yesterday to this game, and disruptions like this flat-out preventing you from playing is... worrisome, to say the least.

Comments

• Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    🤔Thought I was my connection.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I have not had any problmes like you describe ever.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    dragonanhrakdragonanhrak Posts: 6 Arc User
    🤔Thought I was my connection.

It's still been happening today too, though slightly less frequent.
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Yes it's bad. The constant lag and SNR are definately the server and not my connection.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    If it was a general issue with the server, you should expect more people complaining about it in the Tech Issues forum. Yet the newest post about server lag is from mid-July.

If others are playing without issues, the culprit is very likely occuring between your ISP and Cryptic's servers, outside the direct influence of either of them.