test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power Armor and Enraged question

I find my Power Armor build struggling to stack Enrage. Even if Hand Cannon and Shoulder Launcher is 20% chance to knock foes near target. (That is very situational i wouldn't recommend trying it at all.) Stacks often do not register when I clearly see them being knock back. I frantically use Chest Beam to make up before the stack hit zero but I still lose all my stacks anyway.

I noticed the same problem when using Pulverizer as an energy passive. It was so bad I swapped out of Molecular Self Assemble with other power on my tray that work fine. But I kept enrage for the growth and it sucks.

Could it be because im not using Strength? I'm using End, Ego, Dex.
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Why in the world you even want to use Enrage as the form when Concentration or Chilled form work so much better?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    I want the growth effect. But instead of putting a growth effect on a range Toggle my devs are laughting up the memes on DISCORD all day long.
    https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=37&n=&d=18250GQXULIa0M01D0910099039D03JF049G03LH04F6039M039N039O037O04JC007E04G5010rKF2Lxr00nD10000003938&e=

This is the build. It does decent damage but it requires a very tight flow. Especially with the 4 second draw back. But even when I knock i notice all my stacks being dropped.
    I want the growth effect. But instead of putting a growth effect on a range Toggle my devs are laughting up the memes on DISCORD all day long.

This is why I stay off the CO Discord channel. 99% useless blather and posturing. 1% of anything of any real use in the game.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited August 2021
    Well, Ego as an SSS isn't adding that much here, so you could replace that w/ Str SS (Rec SS could also be nice for Pulv, if keeping that, but Overdrive can also work w/ Shoulder Launcher and Hand Cannon). Aside from the issues w/ Enrage here, the build in general isn't that great cause you're also mixing slotted PA w/ non-slotted PA attacks, and thus having to deal w/ power lockouts and general delays w/ the toggles. I would prob ditch Telekinesis, Nanobots, and/or Mental Leech and get something like Resurgence, since ADs can still be activated during the toggles. I'd also take Guardian instead of Overseer spec here. There's only so much you can do to alter the build, though, due to the issues w/ Giant Growth being tied to Enrage/AotB and from choosing to use slotted PA powers.

Also, from quick testing, it seems like Hand Cannon and Shoulder Launcher's knocks only can proc on 2ndary targets, and not on the primary target. Also, Hand Cannon's knock chance is listed at 100% at R2, but actually goes down to 75% at R3. So it seems like we're also dealing w/ some bugged powers here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    edited August 2021
    Will use advice on tree.

I did run it a couple times and I'm aware of the drawbacks. This way my first toon for DTP where did OMwop tirelessly. Why I mentioned not recommending it. It's definately a use at your own risk. Damage wise was fair with crummy gear.

My main problem is I specifically watched targets around the primary being blown away by launcher and not receive any stacks. So I tested it on single player runs and I would still randomly lose stacks with successful applications.

How I play it. I power up the energy and and other boosts. Then I use the Launcher along with Cannon. Then Chestbeam and back again. By time the boost cooldown energy will be back in play. But even when I spam chest beam 2 seconds its a hard climb with enraged.

What I thought was the problem is that it doesn't always register as a knockback when knocking secondary targets with launcher and cannon.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    Testing it again, and Enrage is procing on both slotted attacks when hitting 2ndary targets for me (assuming R3 Shoulder Launcher for the 100% chance on them, at least; R3 Hand Cannon still has a 25% chance to not knock them atm). Sometimes a target resists and gets repelled instead, but Enrage still counts there, as the attempt is what matters. So I can't say that I can replicate what you saw w/ the knocked 2ndary targets not counting for Enrage (unless it's w/in the 4 seconds before another stack of it could proc), but the powers don't seem to be working properly anyways. Also, it's not clearly outlined on its tooltip, but Chest Beam's knock chance isn't just 100%; rather, it scales up to 100% on full charge (dunno what the chance is on tap- maybe more like 25%).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Why not just wait for the upcoming growth auras, and stick with a DPS build?

What growth auras? Do you mean the devices that have been on PTS for several years now? I doubt those will ever see the light of day. Not sure why the devs have even left them in the PTS Debugger.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

What growth auras? Do you mean the devices that have been on PTS for several years now? I doubt those will ever see the light of day. Not sure why the devs have even left them in the PTS Debugger.

Ironically those devices I have on a Character on Live, limited ones that is, I got it from the Costume Contest from the Open Mission once where you get a Dev Token from as well. Gotten all 4 there for a 1-hour use time.

One of those many mysteries about decisions in this game by developers and their CEO's. Like removing subs as steady income yet pushing stuff like level shop items. I will never understand such and have to ask whoever decides this if they are mental at times without wanting to insult even now.
    edited August 2021
    It's the first game company to seem to hate money. Those maginifiers seem like 6 months to 2 more years coming. It's a shame such sort after item beings bopped around in memes. It's very insulting to people who want to spend good money. I mean where does it end?

These people have a habit of insulting players while at the same time merry going around like the most just.

And it comes of as they don't care about losing players.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

They might be around the corner...who knows? ;)
    More plausible builds in FF pleeease
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    Chest Beam.

It, like many other powers, suffer from NOT proccing something that it should, given certain circumstances.

For instance, it is a 50' power. However, the larger the target, the closer inside 50' you need to be to proc the debuff. The knock may follow suit.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    The knock aspect of Hand Cannon and Shoulder Launcher has been fixed.
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    It's the first game company to seem to hate money.

X-D