test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Monomolecular Infiltrator (Single Blade Build/w some mixture)

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited June 2021 in Builds and Roles
[Note:This build was originally called: Kineticist Infiltrator (Single Blade/Telekinetic) but after some hard-testing, I found trying to mix Fouce/TK Powers and Single Blade wasn't going to work. In-case you seen the title before and wondered where it went.

Hi All

So I've decided to drop the Gunslinger Build I had previously in favor for more of an more engaging hands on type of build. The Theme I have in mind is semi-inspired by the "Cerberus Phantom" from Mass Effect (Look it up).

The idea for the build is to have a Single Blade Focus for DPS/Melee damage, but with some mixture of powers to kinda make it my own build and to try add some "Biotics" or special powers that the OC has.

Here is the build in qeastion: Single Blade for the main focus of the build, Telekinetic Shield for more of the specialized powers, Pallatie w/ it's Adv for the "Thematic Tactical Cloak" this is more in-line of the "If endangered, Phantoms will also activate cloaks and take cover for a short period" section in the Wiki about them.

Unbreakable for the AD but I may change to the Field Surge to fit the " Spherical Barrier" (I'm not sure what is stronger). The rest is more of my own choice. Void Shift for that " Biotic Charge" feel (or just a general, nothing personal kid move). Particle Smash I'm not sure yet, I may replace this with Will O Wisp. I also got Dimensional Collapse to slap down, for more of a Dark Matter feel (Or Dark Channeling, etc). But that's still up for debate.

For the Specs/SS and such, I've gone for what most Single Blades use: Dex/Strg/Rec, with some Con to prevent being too squishy

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.44:37

Super Stats
Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
Level 10: Strength (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Fist (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Reaper's Touch
Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
Level 11: Crimson Bloom (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Dragon's Bite (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Palliate (Rank 2, Absolve)
Level 20: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
Level 23: Particle Smash (Light Everlasting, Null Value)
Level 26: Void Shift (Emerging Nightmares)
Level 29: Dimensional Collapse (Envelope in Darkness, Glimpse of the Abyss)
Level 32: Steadfast
Level 35: Form of the Swordsman
Level 38:
Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
Level 6:
Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

The last power I'm not too sure about yet, thinking a Ult of some kind.
Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Ah, I hated fighting those things in ME3 MP back in the day (damn hand blasters and melee vacuum sync kills, lol- though they were the only real dangerous enemy Cerberus had for a long time, tbf). The build is a decent re-imagining, all things considered, though you prob won't be able to simulate their hand blaster that well for a melee build in CO (I guess Particle Smash is an okay substitute, since it deals some burst dmg and still scales w/ melee). If using FotS, then I'd prob get the bleed adv on Crimson Bloom. Also, although you could use Dragon's Bite as your main attack, you'll prob want Reaper's Embrace for the usual SB playstyle of building bleeds and then rupturing them. Maybe what you can do is keep DBite for Rush and the execute adv (to mimic their own execute attack), but keep REmbrace for longer fights. You'll also prob want to use the Melee DPS role here.

I may get a different AD than Unbreakable or Field Surge (the latter is only decent w/ PFF); perhaps pick R2 Masterful Dodge, since that will put you past 100% dodge when using R3 WotW. I'd also have another short-cd self-heal like Conviction or BCR/RR in there (prob BCR/RR, since it pairs pretty well w/ MD and WotW). I suppose DCollpase is also fine for a general biotic attack and AoE DoT, though I may ignore the special advs on it.

Here's an example edit of it, and trying to keep most of the powers in there:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Predator (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Con: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 8: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 11: Steadfast
    Level 14: Crimson Bloom (Rank 2, Serrated Edges)
    Level 17: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 23: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 26: Dragon's Bite (Cull the Weak, Dragon Rush)
    Level 29: Void Shift
    Level 32: Particle Smash (Light Everlasting, Null Value)
    Level 35: Dimensional Collapse (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

For single-target fights, it builds to 5x bleed w/ Reaper's Caress, and then charges Reaper's Embrace to rupture the bleeds, while charged Dragon's Bite can be used for Rush's extra energy and/or against weak targets. Crimson Bloom can be your main AoE attack (cancel and re-channel it partway in for more dps from it; fully channel it if you want to max its dmg shield), although Reaper's Caress also has a frontal cleave component. The other attacks (PSmash, DCollapse) you can throw in as you see fit. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and cost discount rating. DEX/Rec/Con (still w/ a Dex focus, and getting Deadly Aim and Expose Weakness in Dex PSS) can also work well for the SS setup here.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Ah, I hated fighting those things in ME3 MP back in the day (damn hand blasters and melee vacuum sync kills, lol- though they were the only real dangerous enemy Cerberus had for a long time, tbf).

Yup. I had the same issue when I played ME3 MP, tho the folks I hated the most of was them Cerberus Dragoon, although it was fun to see my teammates try to kill me, given I made my N7 Shadow look like a Phantom (that was fun), but onward to the build.
    The build is a decent re-imagining, all things considered, though you prob won't be able to simulate their hand blaster that well for a melee build in CO

Yeah, I tired to simulate their Palm Blasters but it's not great for something like CO (Even as a EB, It breaks the flow of the Melee). I was thinking to use Hand Cannon, but it's super slow and not worth it.
    For single-target fights, it builds to 5x bleed w/ Reaper's Caress, and then charges Reaper's Embrace to rupture the bleeds, while charged Dragon's Bite can be used for Rush's extra energy and/or against weak targets. Crimson Bloom can be your main AoE attack (cancel and re-channel it partway in for more dps from it; fully channel it if you want to max its dmg shield), although Reaper's Caress also has a frontal cleave component. The other attacks (PSmash, DCollapse) you can throw in as you see fit. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and cost discount rating. DEX/Rec/Con (still w/ a Dex focus, and getting Deadly Aim and Expose Weakness in Dex PSS) can also work well for the SS setup here.

Yeah, I'm very likely going to keep the 5x bleed w/ Reaper's Caress, and then charges Reaper's Embrace to rupture the bleeds and I can see useing Dragon's Bite too for the DBite for Rush and the execute adv (to mimic their own execute attack). As for the rest of the powers like: PSmash, DCollapse I'll have to juggle around with them see what fits well. Just a shame that "Hand Cannon" from PA is so damm slow.

For BCR/RR & MD for my active AD and Heal, I'll toy with them see what I like best, I do like having Unbreakable, as it does kinda give me a "Shield" but Field Surge is delf not gonna be part of the build, as sadly it takes after the PFF Passive, I don't use. (Although the idea of having a 100% dodge when using R3 WotW does sound cool)

As for my Gear however, I am heading for much DPS as I can grab, so whatever gives me such I'll go with. So I may go for the Dex PSS, I only put in a bit of Con for the extra HP and my Gear itself will cover most of the loss of Con as a SS.
    Psi.
    Yea, the Dragoons were pretty annoying too, though they were added in pretty late in the game's lifespan iirc (and also kinda shoddily implemented cause they would mostly just recklessly rush at you, lol). And yea, I prob wouldn't use the Hand Cannon power here, since it's also a slotted PA attack (unless you only wanted to use it as an occasional ranged opener and nothing else, but that also kinda makes it less like the version in ME3). You can't fully replicate everything, so I think your basic idea of it being inspired by the Phantom (rather than trying to be a copy of it) is a good approach to take overall.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Here's the edit of the build while still, trying to keep most of the powers in there and to fit the theme as much as possible:

I've gone for the Dex/Strg/Rec in order to get much DPS out as I can, while still leaving some Con Points to keep myself with high HP in-case my Heals are not enough to keep me topped up. I've gone for the Single Blade EB, as it's too finicky to mess with to have a Ranged EB. (An shame, but what can you do).

Advs are all in place for the suggested ones you gave me, although I could remove Dragon's Bite, due to I don't think I'll need 2 Single DPS powers, but I may still keep it for the theme wise, as I think RE does way more damage then DB does. I've ditched the Particle Smash in favor for DCollapse.

I re-added Palliate for my quick heal/wipe and I've gone for Unbreakable for my AD, as I do like having a over-layer on my HP, not too sure how effective it will be over MD but it seems to work well. I've also gone for End-Rush as well, as I like being able to heal on Damage and Dealing Damage. I'd go for BCF, if it wasn't for the Reduced Damage.

Last power I'm not enintely sure yet

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 8: Crimson Bloom (Rank 2, Serrated Edges)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Dragon's Bite (Cull the Weak, Dragon Rush)
    Level 17: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 20: Dimensional Collapse
    Level 23: Palliate (Absolve)
    Level 26: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Form of the Swordsman
    Level 35: Steadfast
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Ninja Vanish

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Psi.
    edited June 2021
    As usual, the energy builder shouldn't matter that much anyways, as you shouldn't be using that often (outside of being at lower levels). I'm not that huge into Unbreakable, but I suppose it's fine enough here, and esp if you are doing easier content where mobs don't hit as hard. If you are having some issues surviving, though, then you could consider adding Con SS back in (or go with the STR/Dex/Con SS setup with 2-3 points in Juggernaut, and still w/ a Dex focus). Regardless, I hope the build works well for you.
    As usual, the energy builder shouldn't matter that much anyways, as you shouldn't be using that often (outside of being at lower levels). I'm not that huge into Unbreakable, but I suppose it's fine enough here, and esp if you are doing easier content where mobs don't hit as hard. If you are having some issues surviving, though, then you could consider adding Con SS back in (or go with the STR/Dex/Con SS setup with 2-3 points in Juggernaut, and still w/ a Dex focus). Regardless, I hope the build works well for you.

Yeah I'll have to juggle with the AD, still not sure what I like best, either the Unbreakable or BCF, or even Resruge.
    Psi.
    edited June 2021
    Hurmm, looking at the build, is it ideal to have Dragon's Bite on top of Reaper's Embrace or is it safe to just stick with Reaper?

Edit: Here is the small edit, I ditched DB from the build as I find Reaper's Embrace to be much stronger, I do miss out on the Dragon Rush Adv, but I think I should alright without it, I've added back Void Shift for my Lunge as I did want such. Last power still a complete unknown to me, but I'm thinking to go for a Ult or another power.

Grasping Shadows, w/ Consumption for the extra heal and hold (This power kinda reminds me of Reave from ME, but any power that heals when dealing damage is ideal. (Like:Mental Leech)

Shadow Shroud for extra damage, maybe, but I don't think it will be needed.

Ego Spites w/ Slave Mentality, as I think this both gives me HP and Engrey (I think)

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 8: Crimson Bloom (Rank 2, Serrated Edges)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Steadfast
    Level 17: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 20: Dimensional Collapse
    Level 23: Void Shift
    Level 26: Palliate (Absolve)
    Level 29: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 28/36

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

Other then that I replaced my AD with Resruge
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I'd take Dragon Kick with rush. Just love that AoE stun!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited June 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I'd take Dragon Kick with rush. Just love that AoE stun!

I kinda forgot that power existed lol, I may have to ditch my Palliate for that tho, cuz I'm not getting rid of DCollapse, will miss out on the TW, but I THINK IIRC Ninja Vanish kinda acts like one.

Psi.
    Here is the final edit: I've gone for Dragon's Kick w/ Dragon Rush, Stun is quite nice as well to have and I do like having it, I'd had gone for Tornado Slash but that don't give me DR.

Resruge as my AD/End Rush for my HoT, replaced my TW with a Lunge, kept DCollpase and everything else is the same. I just have to worry about the final power now.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 17: Dragon Kick (Dragon Rush)
    Level 20: Void Shift
    Level 23: Reaper's Embrace (Rank 2, No Mercy)
    Level 26: Dimensional Collapse
    Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 29/36

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

And that's that.
    Psi.
    Vorpal Blade for the last power?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Hurmm, looking at the build, is it ideal to have Dragon's Bite on top of Reaper's Embrace or is it safe to just stick with Reaper?
    Yea, it's fine to just stick w/ REmbrace for Single Blade dps. I mostly kept DBite in for the theme before, but DK is an okay substitute, and its anim is fitting for a ninja-styled character anyways (only issue is that it can't proc FotS by itself, so I wouldn't spam it w/o weaving in some SB attacks at least). The build looks pretty good as is, though you'll need to fill out more adv points (prob in DK and/or DCollapse). One other general thing: do you want the build to be more stealth-based? Cause then you could switch to using NW instead of WotW. The last power could be a threat wipe or self-res, if you want either.
    Vorpal Blade for the last power?

Yeah, what I was thinking or Whirlepool so I can suck them in and kill em
    Psi.
    One other general thing: do you want the build to be more stealth-based? Cause then you could switch to using NW instead of WotW.

Nah, I'll go for what we have here, I'll use my TP for the cloak type thing, to get out of harms way.

Psi.
    edited June 2021

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 8: Telekinetic Shield
    Level 26: Dimensional Collapse (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

This is what I ended up going for, Ult for the Boss DPS, I've placed R3 in my DCollapse as I do enjoy it quite alot, I did remove a Rank in my Shield, I should be fine without it, but if it proves to be a issue, I can always change it, as I made sure that the last Rank 3 is at the top.

Thanks for the help!
    Psi.
    edited June 2021
    Yea, you may want to rank the block back up, at least later on if you ever do harder content. Any remaining single adv point can also go to R2 of the other travel power.
    Yea, you may want to rank the block back up, at least later on if you ever do harder content. Any remaining single adv point can also go to R2 of the other travel power.

Yeah I may end up doing that, if it becomes a issue, tho I mostly only do up to Alert Content and Nem type. (Sometimes a raid/dungeon as well) but not on the "Elite" difficulty.
    Psi.
    For 1 adv point you could add Spectral Dragon Tail to Dragon Kick.
    JwLmWoa.png
    For 1 adv point you could add Spectral Dragon Tail to Dragon Kick.

Yup, may end up doing that.

I'll be going back to this build to replace the Passive with NW, I'm not sure if that will do anything with the Bleed/Combo, but chnageing it due to will fit the thame a bit more.

And it will improve all damage overall
    Psi.
    Yea, NW is a good pick too, ofc, and you could spend the 1 point on its stealth adv (if you are going to be using Sneak enough).
  • bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
    Out of interest, what sword do you use? None of them seem quite right for a Phantom.
    Yea, NW is a good pick too, ofc, and you could spend the 1 point on its stealth adv (if you are going to be using Sneak enough).

Yeah I may end up doing such
    Psi.
    bladesta wrote: »
    Out of interest, what sword do you use? None of them seem quite right for a Phantom.

Cyberpunk Sword, it's as close as it's gonna get, although strangely enough the phantoms use a basic machete like blade, that is just a tat bit longer, given that lore wise it's a Monomolecular Blade.

Likely EA didn't have time or cared much for a unique blade for them, due to it's the same blade that even Kai-Lang uses, You'd think they'd have some special version, but nope, plan old sword.
    Psi.
    Here is the slightly changed build, wanted to do this to add the Cloak like effect and to mix my build up a bit compered to my other dual blade one, so they are not the same.

Added NW with Adv, replaced the R3 in DCollapse and added it back to the Shield R2 as suggested, removed adv from Void Shift and replaced Rush with Fair Game w/ Adv, I should be ok with it, getting kills, but if all other fails, I might turn to BCR

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 6: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3, Silent Running)
    Level 26: Dimensional Collapse (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Fair Game (Rank 2, Lithe)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices
    Psi.
    Yea, depending on the content you may want to change Fair Game (if you're mostly playing solo, then it's prob okay to keep). Anyways, the build is mostly fine. You could consider moving a rank from the Ult to Dragon Kick, getting R3 in Fair Game, and using other SS setups like DEX/Rec/Con or STR/Dex/Con_Rec (all w/ a Dex focus), but the build can also work as is.
    So here is the revamped build: Gone with the NW Passive as I said before, but I also ditched the "biotic" type powers as I wanted to focus a bit more of the actual phantom thame (I don't think they have biotics, unless you count Jack, if you fail to save her).

I've gone back with the set up that you provided before with the Dragon's Bite /w Rush and Cull the Weak, for that Finisher type move, stuck with Reapers Embrace for the huge Single Target Damage. (I now have two "high single damage" but it will be useful). I've also gone with the BCR /w MD Combo (I don't much like BCR as a heal, but I've never combo-it with MD before)

I've also gone for LaughingZep, for my Out of Jail Card, if I ever get into a jam /w Stim and Clear. I've also gone for Torn Slash for the "AoE" and stun (as I found that some mobs, have crazy healing, like the Worms, a stun will prevent that)

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 14: Dragon's Bite (Cull the Weak, Dragon Rush)
    Level 17: Cut Down
    Level 23: Tornado Slash (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Laughing Zephyr (Slight of Mind, Stim Pack)
    Level 29: Masterful Dodge (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)

Travel Powers

Specializations
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Overpower (3/3)

Devices

I've also gone with the suggested PSS/SS and Specs of Strg/Dex/Rec (but focus on Dex) My gear is already set high to help Dex.
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    Yea, the new build looks pretty decent overall, for the concept, and assuming you're fine w/ BCR /RR+ MD (it can still be a pretty good combo). A pbAoE could be nice, but you can still be fine w/ RCaress' cleave, Tornado Slash, and Vorpal Blade to work with.
    Yea, the new build looks pretty decent overall, for the concept, and assuming you're fine w/ BCR /RR+ MD (it can still be a pretty good combo). A pbAoE could be nice, but you can still be fine w/ RCaress' cleave, Tornado Slash, and Vorpal Blade to work with.

Cheers then, yeah I'll toy with Tornado Slash VS the shield thing, I just find myself not useing the pbAoEs anymore, as I tend to stick with combos and then any other strong AoE.

And yes, I'll give the BCR/RR +MD a try, but I'm not sure if its just a weak heal overall.
    Psi.
    edited August 2021
    This is the build I ended up with, if oyu are curious, I went back to Void Shift, as I did want to spice up my build

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 14: Tornado Slash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Void Shift
    Level 23: Dragon's Bite (Cull the Weak, Dragon Rush)
    Level 26: Laughing Zephyr (Slight of Mind, Stim Pack)
    Level 29: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki)
    Level 32: Masterful Dodge

Travel Powers
    Level 35: Jet Boots

Specializations
    Strength: Aggression (2/2)
    Strength: Overpower (3/3)

Devices
    Psi.
    Oh, you'll want to get R2 of MD here, since that'll put you past 100% dodge w/ R3 NW slotted. Regardless, have fun w/ the build.
    edited August 2021
    Oh, you'll want to get R2 of MD here, since that'll put you past 100% dodge w/ R3 NW slotted. Regardless, have fun w/ the build.

Uhhh, I'll have to zip back to the power house, hopefully I can ditch a Rank in something

Edit: I can remove a Rank in my Ult, as it's closest
    Psi.
    Yea, swapping a rank in the Ult for MD should be fine. Hope the build works well for you.