test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 7/29/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2021 in Release Notes
High Noon
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running!
  • New Mission: Complete the High Noon at Snake Gulch mission 5 times. Grants the Mecha Claw costume.
  • Added Pistol Sword costume to the event store.

ZEN Store
For the next week the Gravity Key Pack will be available.
  • Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys
  • 1x Gravity Boots Costume

Open Missions
  • Open missions found in main zones now have diminishing returns on the amount of experience they provide. This amount resets back to normal after an hour or after completing the open mission 2 times.

Therakiel's Temple
  • Fixed an issue where Vladic Dracul's Runesword charge animation was playing the wrong animation.
​​

Comments

• ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User

Open Missions
    • Open missions found in main zones now have diminishing returns on the amount of experience they provide. This amount resets back to normal after an hour or after completing the open mission 2 times.
    ​​

I laughed off rumors of this as paranoia, but the contempt for the player base knows no bounds
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User

Open Missions
    ​​

This isn't a shock and shouldn't be unexpected. Not sure if I'm reading this right but it sounds like the first run would be full XP with the following two runs having diminished XP before starting the cycle again? If so, this wouldn't stop future War On Peace trains but slow the XP progression a bit.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Isn't it funny how they create a newly revamped mission, near the end of a long convoluted chain of missions, and they try to dissuade people from doing it?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • garyg07garyg07 Posts: 19 Arc User
    Oh look the community found a way to have fun together on an MMO, BETTER NERF IT!!!
    Why I still have this game installed is beyond me sometimes.
  • War on Peace spam hurt their level up pack sales I suppose.
    ERgLqqC.png
  • lilithiumluxe#3797 lilithiumluxe Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Open Missions
    ​​

CALLED IT!
    I was saying this on day one of the defender training "event".
    I'm only surprised it took so long.

You know that survey at the top of the forums asking for what the players would like out of Champions Online...

How about a development team that doesn't hate us?
    A community manager that actually PLAYS the game that can give feedback to the development team?

That may sound hateful, but it's not. 110% constructive criticism.
    Most players of Champions Online feel that you all hate us.
    Put up a survey asking that if you don't believe me. And push a link to it in the launcher like you do for this update to drive traffic to it... But you won't.

You've forgot:
    People play games for fun.
    People play the content that rewards their time.
    War on Peace was a PRIME example of the time investment vs reward... and you nerfed it.

Cosmics. Another example of in game reward vs play time invested.

Wanna know why people don't do much of the in game content?
    The Rewards Suck.

That's if there's even a chance the reward will drop considering the current drop rates.

I leveled two characters with the groups doing War on Peace. For my time I received 10 Hair Blot Auras, 1 Lemurian Sparks. Apparently that is "too good for the playerbase" somehow?

You may say: But you leveled two, new, level 40 characters!!!
    But I already had 10, or 20, maybe even 30? I lost count... but I have enough characters... I wanted the Training Program Rewards... A couple dances/emotes... Not really anything game breaking, is it?
    But those hair auras...
    That Lemurian Spark device...
    Still can't get a DUC... no idea of the thousands upon thousands of times I've done Harmon over the years...
    Nevermind Therakiel's Sword costume piece...
    and OMG if a Cosmic secondary would drop for me at one of the cosmics... been a few years since I got one via a drop...

So with the Defender Training Program, and War on Peace, the community found a way to have fun.
    We were having fun as a group.
    Doing the content.
    Annnnd you nerfed it.
    Again.
    Why?

Can we get an update that would make the playerbase happy?
    Need an idea? How about an update to the Zen store so we can buy stuff we'd actually want...
    Like those in game rewards that don't drop... DUCS, Harmon Cats, everything on that Dev Token Vender that we currently need a gift from you to obtain... Sell that stuff. For money. People will buy it.
    Instead you waste resources by nerfing more of the little rewards we do get.

So there's my two cents...
    I expect this to be deleted because as I said, you seem to hate us.
    Hoping you prove me wrong, but history has shown otherwise...
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    While I understand the reason for this change, I don't agree this is the right thing at all. WoP itself should get this neef not ALL OMs. This makes it less worth it to participate in event OMs like Nightmare Invasion for leveling.

If the dev team refuses to update leveling content at all, and leaves us with outdated, slow content like Westside for leveling, the very least you could do is let us have Open Missions as an alternative to missions and alerts. This is absolutely the wrong change to be made here. If you aren't going to bother revamping leveling content, please don't nerf open missions.
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Open Missions
    ​​

CALLED IT!

You know that survey at the top of the forums asking for what the players would like out of Champions Online...

A community manager that actually PLAYS the game that can give feedback to the development team?

Put up a survey asking that if you don't believe me. And push a link to it in the launcher like you do for this update to drive traffic to it... But you won't.

You've forgot:
    War on Peace was a PRIME example of the time investment vs reward... and you nerfed it.

The Rewards Suck.

That's if there's even a chance the reward will drop considering the current drop rates.

I leveled two characters with the groups doing War on Peace. For my time I received 10 Hair Blot Auras, 1 Lemurian Sparks. Apparently that is "too good for the playerbase" somehow?

But I already had 10, or 20, maybe even 30? I lost count... but I have enough characters... I wanted the Training Program Rewards... A couple dances/emotes... Not really anything game breaking, is it?
    But those hair auras...
    Still can't get a DUC... no idea of the thousands upon thousands of times I've done Harmon over the years...
    and OMG if a Cosmic secondary would drop for me at one of the cosmics... been a few years since I got one via a drop...

So with the Defender Training Program, and War on Peace, the community found a way to have fun.
    Doing the content.
    Annnnd you nerfed it.
    Again.
    Why?

Need an idea? How about an update to the Zen store so we can buy stuff we'd actually want...
    Like those in game rewards that don't drop... DUCS, Harmon Cats, everything on that Dev Token Vender that we currently need a gift from you to obtain... Sell that stuff. For money. People will buy it.

I leveled three characters from scratch to 40 during this last Defender Training Program. I got one Blot Hair Aura and absolutely nothing else, while some bloke I know did five and got something like, what was it... 5 diving helmets, 4 reptile heads, 5 sparks, 11 of the blots/auras? When I was consistently topscoring or near-topping and they were mostly low-scoring? The RNG for this thing's absolutely bloody weird. But that's besides the point.

Simple question though, to posit to everyone here. Why did all Open Missions get nerfed when War on Peace was the only one that was problematic? Is it just to discourage people from playing any other way than "Grab alert spam or buy XP packs?" Is the diminishing returns on all Open Missions a warning sign of a future nerf to Grab alerts themselves, as well as content that's already been nerfed but is an acceptable slower side-grade like Adventure Packs? The fact that this sort of thing was spoken of by the entirety of the playerbase in a joking "that's too dumb to actually happen" manner should've been a sign in and of itself that fixing one problem by making several more wasn't a good idea, so... seriously, what's up here? Why negatively reinforce playing the game (thus encouraging people to quit for good) when positively reinforcing spending money on the game by getting more bang for your literal buck would result in more sales, not less?

(Edited for grammar fixes!)
    Post edited by thisiscraftaaa on
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • I got one Blot Hair Aura and absolutely nothing else, while some bloke I know did five and got something like what was it... 5 diving helmets, 4 reptile heads, 5 sparks, 11 0f the blots/auras? When I was consistently topscoring or near-topping and they were mostly low-scoring? The RNG for this thing's absolutely bloody weird.

My characters were often near the top of the scoring chart as well... I've seen the helmets and the fishy heads all over the AH, didn't look for the Hair Auras for obvious reasons lol

That's another point I'm trying to make; The RNG for all rewards in game is crap.
    Be it Cosmics, Lairs, OM's...
    I know people who've gotten NOTHING when it came to glowey drops.
    Meanwhile a few got everything and then some.
    We know favoritism in this game is strong... costume contests being an example of that.
    The Dev Token vendor rewards.
    How deep does that favoritism go? Is it coded in game to reward certain players more?
    Yeah I know, conspiracy theory.
    But we have limited development resources focused on nerfing things instead of making it better... and a list of players to reward or not reward is a simple thing to code on top of the already abysmal reward drop rate...

• thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User
    I got one Blot Hair Aura and absolutely nothing else, while some bloke I know did five and got something like what was it... 5 diving helmets, 4 reptile heads, 5 sparks, 11 0f the blots/auras? When I was consistently topscoring or near-topping and they were mostly low-scoring? The RNG for this thing's absolutely bloody weird.

My characters were often near the top of the scoring chart as well... I've seen the helmets and the fishy heads all over the AH, didn't look for the Hair Auras for obvious reasons lol

That's another point I'm trying to make; The RNG for all rewards in game is crap.
    Be it Cosmics, Lairs, OM's...
    I know people who've gotten NOTHING when it came to glowey drops.
    Meanwhile a few got everything and then some.
    We know favoritism in this game is strong... costume contests being an example of that.
    The Dev Token vendor rewards.
    How deep does that favoritism go? Is it coded in game to reward certain players more?
    Yeah I know, conspiracy theory.
    But we have limited development resources focused on nerfing things instead of making it better... and a list of players to reward or not reward is a simple thing to code on top of the already abysmal reward drop rate...

That's the thing. We as players get treated poorly enough for daring to play the game rather than logging on, spending money and logging back off, that these sorts of paranoid conspiracies of programmed favoritism and lists of accounts who get weighted RNG actually hold water just by sheer nature of "it'd be perfectly in character." Which is sad. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship when I've gone on for twelve-hour days for three months on end because we've had non-stop events back to back for the better part of this year, and I can just see the good potential shining through for a moment before being utterly crushed...

Someone please help.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • rb74#3001 rb74 Posts: 51 Arc User
    Open Missions
    ​​
    I was absolutely right to be paranoia. I honestly thought a nerf would happen last week, because there was no way that the devs didn't know about the WoP trains. As per usual, like with vehicles, things get hit with a nerf sledgehammer. Instead of just WoP getting nerfed, which I still think would have been awful, all OMs get nerfed in XP rewards, even probably the once a year event ones.

I'll be frank. Leveling sucks in this game. I hate it. I used to use vehicles to level quickly before they got nerfed so hard that they're basically only good as a glorified TP. You're mostly expected to level by yourself to 40. If you're a Support, that's just flat out awful due to how little damage you do. Alerts sometimes break and people have to fix them. Also in alerts, it's very easy to get a bad team up line like all DPS with little survivability.

WoP, while can easily get boring to do, was the community coming together for a common goal. A large number of people could jump in and still help, even if only a little. Bad builds would not hinder everyone else the same way they can in alerts. It was a way for people to play and level with other people, in a MMO, instead of leveling solo. I like being around the numerous characters and interesting designs people have came up with. I liked being an archers among other archers. Unlike alerts where it's rare to get paired up with the same people that you're not teamed up with, WoP easily had the same people working together.

And now you want to nerf that? What do you want us to do, go back to spamming alerts and hoping for the best? Doing missions solo, especially on roles hardly suitable for solo play? Drive sales for level up packs? Because you didn't need to nerf OM XP rewards to do that. Even WoP still takes several hours to get from 6 to 40, although still faster than missions or alerts. You'll still get people, especially your whales, buying the level up packs to bypass the grind entirely.
  • That's the thing. We as players get treated poorly enough for daring to play the game rather than logging on, spending money and logging back off, that these sorts of paranoid conspiracies of programmed favoritism and lists of accounts who get weighted RNG actually hold water just by sheer nature of "it'd be perfectly in character." Which is sad. I feel like I'm in an abusive relationship when I've gone on for twelve-hour days for three months on end because we've had non-stop events back to back for the better part of this year, and I can just see the good potential shining through for a moment before being utterly crushed...

Someone please help.

Case in point: We played the game. We played the "event" as they gave it to us. Play the game, level up a new character to 40. We did it. We made it fun. We got punished.
    The sad thing: We KNEW the punishment was coming.
    The nerf doesn't affect any day-to-day playing of this mission, or any other open mission.
    It affects the Defender Training Program. The level up event.
    Are they mad they didn't sell enough level up devices?
    Probably. Which is fair enough. The game SHOULD be making money.
    The problem and the feedback being given: There's no VALUE to paying money into this game.

Those level up devices as they stand are a terrible value. 2,000 zen to level 30, another 2,000 zen to level 40
    A freeform slot costs like 3,000 zen alone.
    Factor all that in, the VALUE is terrible.
    Bundle it. 3,000 for an instant level 40 freeform. - There's your upgrade for Silver/Freebie players to buy

Wanna make sales, give us something worth buying.
    Us... I'm an LTS, all the freeforms. DTP doesn't cater to existing players.
    Ideally it would be catering to new players. The few we get.
    If a new player joined this past event, they're now right there with the endgame players who normally wouldn't be leveling up a new character. Because we've done it 20, 40, 100 times before.
    Wanna make sales? Sell us something worth buying.
    Make something FUN.

As I said in game earlier: When would W.O.P. get played as heavily as it was these past two weeks? Never. Everybody knows that.
    We, the players, might get together to do the daily because we were forced to do it as a group when previously any level 5 could have grabbed a vehicle and tore thru it a couple times and moved on...
    But vehicles were nerfed.
    The OM was updated.
    Ok, cool, a new group thing to do... and do we did.
    Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
    You get the point.
    Devs made the grind.
    We played the grind.
    Devs nerfed the grind only to make it grindier.
    Grindier? Yeah, let's go with that word lol.

Stop with the grind.
    That isn't fun.
    That's work.
    Work is work.
    Fun is fun.
    Work makes money, fun makes sales.
    CO may be the Dev's work, but it's our fun. We'll happily pay for fun.

Wanna sell pain? That's a different market... Caprice has that kind of market... kinda...
    But this is a superhero game, not a fetish club.
    Well, maybe it is...
    Market to your target demographic, whatever that may be.
    As it stands, game players want fun.
    Stop making it NOT fun.
    Show some love.

Or convert to a full on fetish club to sell the pain.
    Whatever.
    There's a market for that too. Blood orgy at The Crimson Lounge anyone? ^.~

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    You can thank those on discord for the WOP nerf. But we all knew it was coming. These people don't even grind content they just pay money and get things. If you ask me alert ranking is killing this game but CO devs cannot realize this.

Rather open all zones to free ranking than fall back. And then you are going to say the zones are empty and unexplored.

You really had to nerf to down to 2 per hour, not even 3 or 5?
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    edited July 2021
    RIP Bloodmoon train leveling, RIP Nightmare Invasion leveling, RIP Clarence leveling, RIP Reign of Frogs, RIP Asciing for Trouble, RIP leveling from DRA...

All for the sake of nerfing WoP. I hope you find this fix to be proportionate and measured...
    Don't forget that the Anniversary is coming soon. Guess that will be nerfed too.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • You can thank those on discord for the WOP nerf. But we all knew it was coming. These people don't even grind content they just pay money and get things. If you ask me alert ranking is killing this game but CO devs cannot realize this.

Rather open all zones to free ranking than fall back. And then you are going to say the zones are empty and unexplored.

You really had to nerf to down to 2 per hour, not even 3 or 5?

I was saying the nerf was coming day one of the Defender Training event.
    I was went as far as joking there would be a full on server rollback.
    It's not the Discord crowd to blame.
    It's the development team.
    The Discord crowd doesn't run the game, though they may be the few people the Devs listen to though... for better or worse.

• vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    No notes on the Therakiel's Temple changes? There are alot of them, and they haven't been mentioned. No travel powers in certain areas. Cages behave differently. Vlaad boss behavior changes. Closed doors that trap you in hallways you can't leave. Issues with light sources that make you have to grab certain buffs in advance or force you to respawn to even complete the lair.

Just awful. What are you even thinking?
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    FINISH THE LAIR. MAKE THE STORE. IMPLEMENT THE MISSING DROPS TO TT. DO NOT TRY AND MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN FINISHED IT.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    When all you wanted was a TOP this anniversary, but realize that ain't happening:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114cc14af28c0361d39e1312a60d608ef3b35e0f1e&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

And as for the rest of the update... I mean... :fearful:
    > @vonqball said:
    > No notes on the Therakiel's Temple changes? There are alot of them, and they haven't been mentioned. No travel powers in certain areas. Cages behave differently. Vlaad boss behavior changes. Closed doors that trap you in hallways you can't leave. Issues with light sources that make you have to grab certain buffs in advance or force you to respawn to even complete the lair.
    >
    > Just awful. What are you even thinking?

Straight up breaking the instance if the last area with the mirror light gets turned to dark aura and forcing the entire team to get softlocked? Fun.

Kaiserin this patch is a mess. Please, PLEASE communicate with us on these changes. You're losing the support of people who actually trusted you. :confused:
  • ouryobaouryoba Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Therakiel's Temple
    • Fixed an issue where Vladic Dracul's Runesword charge animation was playing the wrong animation.
    ​​

Cheef you forgot entire paragraph of changes.
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Kaiserin this patch is a mess. Please, PLEASE communicate with us on these changes. You're losing the support of people who actually trusted you. :confused:

Wait. What? Who?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • panthrax77 wrote: »
    Kaiserin... You're losing the support of people who actually trusted you. :confused:

My trust was lost long ago.

As was my willingness to spend money in CO.

Or any other Cryptic game... because of my experience in CO.

Tell that to your PWE/CBS/STO higher ups when looking for approval to make the CO Zen shop better.

Get the kids hooked on CO because SUPERHEROES! =D
    They become nerds.
    They check out STO...
    They spend more money in STO after having spent money on CO!
    Now they're getting sales in both games!
    Brand Loyalty.

Maybe Neverwinter fists in there somewhere too... dunno... never played it personally.
    But I won't. Because of my feelings of neglect from my experience in CO.
    I'm just here to feed my addiction until CO is shutdown... or I get banned... whichever comes first.
    No Brand Loyalty.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User

Open Missions
    ​​

I laughed off rumors of this as paranoia, but the contempt for the player base knows no bounds
    In all seriousness, chain-OMing was a stupidly quick way to level. People were doing it in like 1-2 days. Am I bummed out that I won't be able to bang out the next DNTP alt in the first few days? Of course I am, but it's really not the end of the world. We'll all just have to go back to leveling DNTP characters the way we did before WAP trains were a thing.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Not just the charge animation fixed, but also now can't be cancelled (which is fine but should've been documented). Cages can't be CCed anymore, which is fine but should've been documented. The triple aura skip has been 'fixed' by adding a slowing field around it with no visual explanation or the like, while I understand the want to fix the skip, the slowdown comes as jarring and someone's first time there would be confusing as to why they're walking at the speed of '++walk' (which should have been documented).

The change to the long hallway after the two light auras right above the Ramp post-Dracul's fight, where the hallway has been blocked away, has led to two separate Softlocks. If you go through the light auras, you're stuck in there and must /killme or die to walking into the aura repeatedly. If you go through the two dark auras as is the only way forward, you can't access one of the mirrors as there is no light aura anywhere accessible other than the only other spot with a mirror pillar, which has a *CHANCE* of being protected by either a Light Aura or a Dark Aura. If it HAPPENS to be a Dark aura, you're softlocked again. This should have been documented.

And being softlocked means you have to die, which ruins Doomsday Clock.

I can understand that perhaps those changes were not yet intended to be implemented yet and so weren't documented, but with a previous history of some undocumented changes, and lack of confirmation if this was unintended, this is pretty bad.

Refer to this AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF ART for understanding of the two Softlocks now existing in TT, sorry guys no commissions.
    unknown.png

for Softlock 2, you can get stuck with dark aura as your buff and no light auras to remove it, meaning if all mirror pillars are blocked by Dark auras, someone needs to die to lose their dark aura buff. This is unavoidable since you are guaranteed to have dark aura and depends entirely on the RNG of whether the lair spawned that one aura statue as Dark or Light.
    Post edited by lunnylunny on
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    As for the OM nerfs, I don't feel like there was a problem having OM content being run continuously. I can get the War on Peace nerf, but the others are unwarranted. The few people that run Gadroon OM/Desert OM for XP have lost on this. The people who run event OMs multiple times have lost on this (which for the majority of them wasn't even good XP at all, but it helped them progress their event and also get a little bit of XP for their work).

Much as I don't personally think WoP or BM Open Missions should get XP-nerfed, I can totally live with that happening. Nerfing all the other OMs is not cool at all though.
    edited July 2021
    Such drastic changes to fix such little problems. The best part of doing events is getting a little XP on the side. I mean WOP fine but...

... are you really taking XP from other events? Please do clarify????

All you had to do was reduce the amount of XP WOP gives. It's like y'all have a problem with players playing too much.

A few PvPers had some left over currency to get stuff for the next time event roll around. And the entire system gets called into question.

Vehicles performing to well? Let's put vehicle cancellers on DRA mobs. Like who does this???? I was just trying to get back to the squad and my vehicle gets pulled and cancelled by trash mobs???? Trash mobs???

I can stomach the 5 and 10 day quest but the event store is empty. While all the good steampunk stuff is locked behind that cursed paperback store.

A better way to do things is to keep the paperback store but tine to time allow back the old stuff into the event store for people who don't like gambling and just want to play.
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    In my Post on War on Peace open mission tips, back when the mission first came out, I specifically said "I can see this being abused very easily for levelling purposes."

Obviously came true. I don't see why it needed a Nerf though. The game is built around avoiding content to level quickly. The whole on alert system is based on it. Grinding Grabs is faster XP then content. Grinding Smashes is faster Resource gain then content. Grinding Bursts??? is probably faster mod gain then content. So who cares if grinding War on Peace is faster XP gain then content. If it bothered them that much, then just get rid of the Defender training event. That whole event is all about avoiding content to grind XP as fast as possible.

So the players will just go back to alert spam for the next one. While running whatever missions don't require going into an instance, basically abandoning content chains for the sake of the speedgrind. And playing solo. As opposed to when we had two weeks of constant team play.

Actually a simpler nerf would have been to just change the reset timer from 10 minutes to 20 minutes. Though I guess you would have then just had a lot of people standing around a lot. Which is no different then normal, except it would be in the park instead of RecCen.

And by the way, what does 2 times mean? I do the mission once, get full xp, Do the mission 2nd time, get reduced xp. I've now done it twice, is the next one full XP? Or do they really mean 3 times? (1 full, 2 reduced per cycle)
    Post edited by redcastle56 on
  • saruro1994saruro1994 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Open Missions
    ​​

CALLED IT!

You've forgot:

The Rewards Suck.

But those hair auras...

Doing the content.
    Annnnd you nerfed it.
    Again.
    Why?

This
    What's kind of sad is that the Italian slur mission will now go from being "over played" to being virtually abandoned again. There should be a middle ground.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Why are action figures STILL treated as prizes in the High Noon event? They are absolutely worse than getting nothing. You got rid of the toy vendor in a previous year and so why on earth would you think these useless pieces of garbage would hold any value to anyone who's ever played the game before? Why would you think that someone completely new to the game would want "action figures"? Nobody is cares about them. Do you despise your base that much that you continue to torment them? Stop being jerks and get rid of the prize aura for action figures. If I'm going to be punished with one fine, it's the price I pay for continuing to play this game, and I can yeet it directly from my inventory (as is their only function these days), but don't get my hopes up of with that glowing aura of getting a special drop. It's cruel and sadistic at this point.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    oyo32 wrote: »
    Guys, I'm sorry to say that the devs or really anyone from Cryptic is reading this thread so leaving your feedback is unfortunately a waste of time.

They may not respond directly to the feedback and knowing they read it may not assuage the saltiness but the Devs absolutely do read this thread.
  • oyo32 wrote: »
    Guys, I'm sorry to say that the devs or really anyone from Cryptic is reading this thread so leaving your feedback is unfortunately a waste of time.

THIS comment here is THE problem with Champions Online in full and total competition.

guyhumual wrote: »
    Do you despise your base that much that you continue to torment them?

Good question.
    Maybe one day someone will answer it.
    Kai?
    Kael?
    Anybody?

At least they haven't locked or deleted this thread...

yet...
    edited July 2021
    The devs must really 'hate' working on this game. Don't worry we all hate our day job too. They could of post:

Hey guys we noticed that we made WoP XP far more exploitable than we intended. What do you think is the best solution? Then take feed back but instead everything gets decided by few people who dont play the game.

But I guest I'll live through this one I've slown down in making new characters. And this is the same principle most use. As long as it doesn't affect them it's all good.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    *laughs in Level 40*
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I agree with all of the above, the fun has been gone for some time, and really has become a fashion show more than anything else. As i stated many times, nothing should be character locked, account should be fine, and they say its about end content but then prevent you from leveling quick and then add an event to reward for leveling quick? create new powers, only to lock them behind walls, costumes same way, gear you need you fight the thing you need it for, oh and it is character bound. It is hard to see these are the same people behind City of heroes because that game was fun, this one is not it's really boring most times. Even the events it is really hard for me at time to even drag a character out to do them and it does feel like work to pretty much get anything that's cool.
    I wonder how long it will be for the above comment to be deleted since it mentions illegal material?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    LOL at the post suggesting we play a GOOD game getting deleted
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    ...and really has become a fashion show more than anything else.

Oh honey, I wish... :weary:

LOL at the post suggesting we play a GOOD game getting deleted

Encouraging players to undertake illegal activities usually gets the post deleted and the player gets a stern email from the devs warning against any such future postings.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • destraloedestraloe Posts: 7 Arc User
    I love the pistol sword idea! Gunblades are so cool and fit perfectly for one of my characters. Thank you very much!
    Is the bayonet a gun blade yet?
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    destraloe wrote: »
    I love the pistol sword idea! Gunblades are so cool and fit perfectly for one of my characters. Thank you very much!

Just wanting to add there is another we have for years by now, Anime Style 2 Gun which its costume drop is also called Gunblade, drops from Black Mask in Resistance randomly, Cellblock B part.
    Yall have been undermining the fish gunblades way to long 😂
    Just wanting to add there is another we have for years by now, Anime Style 2 Gun which its costume drop is also called Gunblade, drops from Black Mask in Resistance randomly, Cellblock B part.

Right you are. I do know about that, I should have been more specific--the new gunblade can be used by melee and ranged heroes, which is the part I really love about it.
    Yall have been undermining the fish gunblades way to long 😂

Haha!
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    It's like y'all have a problem with players playing too much.
    ^^

• kijra411kijra411 Posts: 14 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    Why are action figures STILL treated as prizes in the High Noon event? They are absolutely worse than getting nothing. You got rid of the toy vendor in a previous year and so why on earth would you think these useless pieces of garbage would hold any value to anyone who's ever played the game before? Why would you think that someone completely new to the game would want "action figures"? Nobody is cares about them. Do you despise your base that much that you continue to torment them? Stop being jerks and get rid of the prize aura for action figures. If I'm going to be punished with one fine, it's the price I pay for continuing to play this game, and I can yeet it directly from my inventory (as is their only function these days), but don't get my hopes up of with that glowing aura of getting a special drop. It's cruel and sadistic at this point.

it would be better if action figures did something like say pick up drops and buffs otherwise they are kinda useless
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender.
    A wise man has nothing to prove, he just is.
  • kijra411kijra411 Posts: 14 Arc User
    it's unfortunate that there isn't any reply to this. i guess players really are the ugly step-child no one wants to acknowledge
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender.
    A wise man has nothing to prove, he just is.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    Open Missions
    ​​

What a minute! Isn't this the same kind of change that Marvel Avengers added to their Mobile PC console game that no one cares about by slowing down the XP Grind? [Which to add A lot of people hated that change openly, Very Openly.]

Wow! when you think about that is very Ironic. LOL

You would think put that to effect after you, revamp\rework you know like, 95% of the Open Missions within the game, Cause Vibora bay which you had made so easy for people to get into now that have.
      4 out of 4 it Open mission are untouched Vibora bay. 2 out of 3 within Monster island O.M's are untouched. 1 out of 2 Canada wilderness O.M's untouched. 1 out of 3 Millennium city O.M's untouched.

Which is almost Weird since you soo good at making reworks and revamps, why you haven't done that to those Open Missions? At least that gives The Players more options to Get Better EXP from those Redone Open missions unless Yall have truly fallen So low that you want people to invest in expensive level-up Boosters now, or yall just lazy and slow? LOL

In my short opinion, if not just everyone's, e0e This is all bad, with no good, you slowing down grind for a game with a max of as 250 players with little to No Content, I hope it works out. ^^b

panthrax77 wrote: »
    You're losing the support of people who actually trusted you. :confused:

You're joking, right? You mean the same person who made put in broken Save The Earth alert that I'm still betting is still broken, Power changes that were over-nerf that installed a meta or lower the reason of use, the 10th anniversary which was a Hated Anniversary, changes that weren't listed, IE: Arrow memory being locked in place on use, putting Device exclusively behind certain Bloodmoon undead bosses that can only be obtained by slaying those certain bosses that lead to people only Farming those certain Bosses which had lead people to missout and not even get access to go into the crypts because such, Not to forget Vehicle with damage of Rankless Energy builders, with all this within the past 3 years and the Empress still have that currency of trust? LOL