test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two Builds: Anomaly Dominion & Displacement Interceptor

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Builds and Roles
So, with the Defender Event being active and me wanting the items from the story, I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and start leveling again and with try to get ideas for a possible build. (Before I just had brought a booster and called it a day, yes I'm lazy :s )

However turns out its still quite fun to level and it paid off, I have two builds that my two Kobolds are useing, Big things come in small packages!. The two builds are roughly inspired by Anthem, but have a mix of other concepts, so lets get onto the build:

Anomaly Dominion: The A.D Build is focused around Elemental Powers, but uses Dual Pistols as it's main Framework and Attack, the build was based off the one linked below, I used the build to stress-test powers while leveling, so I can get a feel of each one how they played with low to high level mobs, even under leveled.(I had to go to the PH, more then once).

As for the build: I've gone with TGM for my main source of damage, while my powers are in cooldown, Thunder Strike for the AoE, Fireball for the main Fire Damage type. I also gone for it's Adv for extra healing.

However I'm a bit stuck on what to use for my Single High Damage, I did test out Rimfire quite a bit and the cooldown on it feels awful and trying to set off the combo is quite difficult, so I was thinking either Icicle Spear or something else, I can go back to Rimfire however, if the cooldown isn't a issue, as I will be only useing it for Boss Damage.

As for the rest of the powers I'm not sure what to grab, I did grab Fireball over Fire Snake, for it's extra healing Adv (I can even go for Charged Attack to add the combo of elementals). but I still grab Fire Snake, if its stronger.

I'm trying to avoid on having 2 powers that are from the same type, as in: "Fire/Fire" or "Ice/Ice". If the power like Rimfire has both Fire/Ice with it, that's all fine. And as example Fireball that as Arc in it.

I haven't reflected it here, but I am wondering if I can get away with having for example: Ice Shards, for my EB while still having TGM. I should be able to.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
v3.44:37

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 9: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 18: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Gunslinger
Level 1: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
Level 6: Killer Instinct
Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Force Shield (Rank 2)
Level 14: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Recharge)
Level 17: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Fireball (Rank 2, Illuminate)
Level 26: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29:
Level 32:
Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 38: Meteor Blaze (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Electro Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35:

Specializations
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (3/3)
Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
Avenger: Relentless Assault (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
Mastery: Avenger Mastery (1/1)

Devices

The Passive/EU/Specs and SSs are from your other build post, but this may need to change, as this is more of a inspired build, we can go for other powers, such as a Self Heal and other powers, as it's not strictly tied to just Elemental powers, was thinking maybe Mind Drain for the Heal. The reason for Mind Drain is the OC has Alien Tech inside her body, so that can also be a factor of other powers, if you wanted a reason why for something like Mind Drain, or another power not related too Elemental.

Oh and if you are curious, she uses a sepical set of Holo Dragonfly wings on her suit, that allows her to control the Elemental powers.

Now for the other build

Displacement Interceptor: The DI build is aimed around Dual Blades while useing quick Throwing Weapons for it's attacks, The Dual Blades will be it's main focus, but the other powers are for Healing, Extra Damage or Support. Like the other build, it's slightly inspired by the Interceptor.

Note: This build is still leveling (I'm level 32 atm), so it's not a full level 40 yet.

For the build: I went for Dual Blades as it's main attack, however unlike the other Dual Blade, I moved away from useing the blade shield power or something like Index Tides.

My main source of damage will be Blade Tempest and Dragon's Warth (This is quite fun to combo). Dashing in to slash them down to certain HP, then fishing them off with DW.

Lighting Strike as my Lunge, Gas Pellets and Particle Smash for the "Throwing" powers, I have the EU/Form and Passive sorted, Ult is Dragon Strike. I have one more power to pick, but I have no idea what to use.

Thinking of a Self Res or another throwing power, like a Frag.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Blade (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Rain of Steel
Level 1: Blade Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
Level 11: Lightning Strike
Level 14: Dragon's Wrath (Rank 2, Tiger's Courage)
Level 17: Gas Pellets (Rank 2, Oversized Pellet Bag)
Level 20: Particle Smash (Light Everlasting, Null Value)
Level 23:
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Steadfast
Level 35: Form of the Tempest
Level 38: Whirling Dragon Strike (Rank 2)
Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Displacement Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Jet Pack

Specializations
Strength: Swole (3/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (2/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices
Slot 1: Poisoned Shuriken

In my devices I have Poisoned Shuriken as well, for the extra throwing power, I also done my Specs/Tels/SSs myself, but they are open to change if they are no good, but I THINK I did quite well (And I think this is the first build I made on my lonesome).

For the Master Spec, I did pick Warden, as I'm always useing my Combo power and it is my main source of damage, so it felt silly not to put it there
Psi.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    For the 1st build: TGM should be your main single-target power, if you're taking it. You don't need another single-target filler attack (like Ice Spear) then, though it might be nice to have a source of the Armor Piercing debuff to boost TGM (like Burst Shot or Frag Grenade). On another note, Mind Drain doesn't work too well w/ the build- I may just get a normal self-heal there. Also, Avenger Mastery is kinda pointless here since you don't have an actual blast power anyways. I'd prob just use Guardicator spec and Ego Mastery for this build.

One other notable problem w/ the build is that most of your powers won't work w/ Killer Instinct (mainly an issue for Fireball, if it's meant to be your main AoE). Fire Snake also can't really replace Fireball, since one is a cd and the other is a non-cd AoE. You could change Fireball to a normal Muni AoE (Bullet Hail or Lead Tempest, if using pistols), and then KI could be fine, since the non-Muni attacks would be cd-based then. Here's an example edit of it:

Super Stats
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Scourge (Con: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Ice Shards
    Level 1: Burst Shot (Off Your Feet)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 11: Killer Instinct
    Level 14: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Thunderstrike (Recharge)
    Level 26: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Force Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 29/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

The last 2 powers can be w/e ya want (you prob want some more elemental stuff in there).

TGM is the main single-target attack, and taps of Burst Shot can debuff for it (Burst Shot's adv can also KD your target for some CC). Bullet Hail is the main AoE, and it can also give you a dmg shield. You can weave in the elemental powers like TStrike or Rimefire as you see fit. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some Con and Rec.

--

For the 2nd build: It looks pretty good overall, since its core attacks are using DB, and your passive, toggle/form, SS's, specs, and EU all support DB. I suppose Blade Tempest can also serve as your main AoE, and it can put up Shredded, but I may get the Rush adv on DW and throw that in as your main single-target attack (it's easier to use heavily w/ the Rush adv giving you energy). I'm unsure about including Gas Pellets, but I suppose they are fine for an AoE DoT that you can throw down. Also, you may already know this, but to make sure: although the SS setup is fine, your main stat here will still be Dex, despite using Str PSS. On the topic of Str PSS, you'll want to max Overpower in it, and you can take a point out of Swole for that. Warden Mastery is okay if you're using Blade Tempest enough, though Str Mastery is pretty good here as a more generalized pick.

Also, the open power slot (and any advs for it) can be left for last if you're unsure about it, so re-training of it is easier if you pick something and decide to change it down the line.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    For the 1st build:

With the issue of w/ Killer Instinct, is there another Innate passive I can go for? (If there is any), I'm fine with taking something like Burst shot, but not sure about Bullet Hail, as it's TGM but AoE, Although I can just replace it with Lead Tempst.Or do you think Assault rifle will be better?, I am honestly not sure if TGM and AR are any diffident.

As for Mind Drain, that's fine, I can get some other Self-Heal, porb like Warmth, I'll likely go back with Fire Snake then or still fit in Fireball, if I have Bullet Hail in there, but will see what I like best.

Specs and such, I see you already done for me, so I'll just copy and paste the build over, so cheers for that.
    For the 2nd build:

Thanks!, I'll shove the Rush on there, alought shuold I still keep the other Adv or just go R2 /w Rush?. As for the SS, yeah I had the feeling that was a strange factor, I did have Dex as my main PSS, but the Strg PSS gave me more Cost reduction on my Meele powers, so that's why I picked it (was helpful). But I can still focus mainly on Dex. (Either way, it don't matter I don't think)

So with what I chuold read from here, I made the following changes to the 2nd build:

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Blade (Str: 10, Dex: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Rain of Steel
    Level 1: Blade Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Way of the Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 11: Lightning Strike
    Level 14: Dragon's Wrath (Tiger's Courage, Dragon Rush)
    Level 17: Gas Pellets (Rank 2, Oversized Pellet Bag)
    Level 20: Particle Smash (Light Everlasting, Null Value)
    Level 23:
    Level 29: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Steadfast
    Level 35: Form of the Tempest
    Level 38: Whirling Dragon Strike (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Displacement Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Jet Pack

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Overpower (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Poisoned Shuriken

Psi.
    edited July 2021
    Alright so here is the 1st build: I did some testing with useing normal Muni with the weaved in the elemental powers and it's not working too great. (At-least for me).

So I've decided to ditch useing Muni and go with Power Gauntlet for my damage, although I am not sure what will be a good source of AoE from the power armor tree, Maybe Chest Beam?, but I don't think I'll need it, given I have Thunder Strike on such as short cooldown, thanks to NW Passive.

I've also opt back in Rank 2 for Thunder Strike, as I really do like the extra damage it gives, I've put back in Fire Snake as well, Rank 2 w/ Adv and Rimfire is also back in.

Warmth is my main source of healing (outside of Recharge) AD/EF and my Ult are unchanged, however I did change my IP to MSA as I wasn't quite sure what else will fit, but given 3 of my powers (Thun-Strike/Rime/Fire Snek) all have cooldowns, I think it will be the best to go for, so of course I changed my SSs and Tels to reflect that.

Tho, I still will build into Con from Gear and some remaining Tels, so I'm not squish.

Super Stats
    Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Impulse (Int: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Academics (Int: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Recharge)
    Level 20: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 23:
    Level 26:
    Level 29: Warmth (Rank 2, Illuminate)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Concentration
    Adv. Points: 34/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

The last powers I'm still deciding what to do, also on another note, not sure if this will be helpful information or not, but:

While I was leveling, I did use PBR with the Quantum Stabilizer and had Lighting Strike/Rimfire but the only issue was that QS (or Electric Form) they only boost (Arc/Particle and Sonic) so my other powers where not getting anything, so I switched to NW, but anyway, that was just a level phase. I am keen to stick with NW tho, cuz of the Charge Time Reduce

I chuold go with PBR, but I fear it's not as strong as it should be
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    With the issue of w/ Killer Instinct, is there another Innate passive I can go for? (If there is any), I'm fine with taking something like Burst shot, but not sure about Bullet Hail, as it's TGM but AoE, Although I can just replace it with Lead Tempst.Or do you think Assault rifle will be better?, I am honestly not sure if TGM and AR are any diffident.

As for Mind Drain, that's fine, I can get some other Self-Heal, porb like Warmth, I'll likely go back with Fire Snake then or still fit in Fireball, if I have Bullet Hail in there, but will see what I like best.
    KI can be fine if your main single-target attack and main AoE attack are from Muni, cause then you can proc KI the majority of times you are dps-ing, and you can even have it running in the background when you use other powers (since it has a short buff duration when it procs).

TGM is a single-target attack, as is AR (you can take an adv that turns them into a small cylinder AoE, but I wouldn't use that as your main AoE even then), so I prob wouldn't have both in one build (AR can be used from long-range, but slows you while using it, while TGM allows full movement and grants Furious, but is limited to 50ft). LT is a proper AoE (and a very large one at that), so it's fine if you want to take that instead of Bullet Hail here, though Bullet Hail also has its merits (namely its dmg shield adv).

For another self-heal, you can always just double up and get both Conviction and Endorphin Rush or BCR (or maybe Bionic Shielding, though that takes you getting hit to work), if you want a bit more healing options on top of Resurgence (and healing devices). It may be overkill, but it's ultimately up to you and your own comfort level there. Also, Fireball prob isn't worth getting, since you'd already have a spammable Muni AoE, but filling out the rest of the build is also up to you (I guess Fireball can be used as an opener AoE here, but there's other options out there too).
    Thanks!, I'll shove the Rush on there, alought shuold I still keep the other Adv or just go R2 /w Rush?. As for the SS, yeah I had the feeling that was a strange factor, I did have Dex as my main PSS, but the Strg PSS gave me more Cost reduction on my Meele powers, so that's why I picked it (was helpful). But I can still focus mainly on Dex. (Either way, it don't matter I don't think)

So with what I chuold read from here, I made the following changes to the 2nd build: (...)
    You can take either R2 or Tiger's Courage on DW. I think the special adv was a bit better if you had good crit%, last I tested it, but not by a large amount. And yea, you can stick w/ Str PSS just fine, as long as Dex is still SS'd and most of your gearing is still for Dex when using FotTempest. The edit to the 2nd build looks fine overall, regardless.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    You can take either R2 or Tiger's Courage on DW. I think the special adv was a bit better if you had good crit%, last I tested it, but not by a large amount. And yea, you can stick w/ Str PSS just fine, as long as Dex is still SS'd and most of your gearing is still for Dex when using FotTempest. The edit to the 2nd build looks fine overall, regardless.

I'll likely go for Tiger's Courage on DW as with my Dex is high and I'll be going for high crit, it wil be more useful here, Thanks for the corrections on the build, I admit, I am pourd of myself, I did such a
    build on my own =)

As for the first build I'll likely continue without useing Muni, so how is the edited build on the first?, I'm not sure how strong Power Gauntlet on it's own, as it's not like a marinating damage, thus say PBR, bit it's a quick and short cooldown burst, decent damage and it does interrupt mobs (minus Bosses and higher).

Psi.
    For my 2nd build: I ended up going for Laughing Zep with the two Advs, I did have to remove a Rank in my Resruge and the adv Null Vaule however, but that should be fine.
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    As for the first build I'll likely continue without useing Muni, so how is the edited build on the first?, I'm not sure how strong Power Gauntlet on it's own, as it's not like a marinating damage, thus say PBR, bit it's a quick and short cooldown burst, decent damage and it does interrupt mobs (minus Bosses and higher).
    Power Gauntlet is kinda weak for dps, since it's a blast power. I'm also a bit curious as to why the Muni build wasn't working for you- it should have been pretty solid, assuming you took my edit of it. Anyways, I'm not quite sure what to do w/ your new build here. I guess if you didn't want to use Muni then you could switch to PBR for single-target and maybe use something like Elec Current for AoE. You also may not need to SS Rec if using Conc and MSA. Throwing Chest Beam in there to help PBR's dmg could also be nice, as could Conviction (instead of Warmth) since it can also proc MSA:

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 1: The Automaton (Con: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Academics (Int: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Particle Rifle
    Level 1: Pulse Beam Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 11: Electrical Current (Rank 2, Bad Wiring)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Thunderstrike (Recharge)
    Level 23: Chest Beam (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 35: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Meteor Blaze (Rank 2)

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)

I tried to keep most of the attack powers you had in there. You could pick R3 of Elec Current instead of its stun adv, if you want to trade the AoE CC for a bit more dps from it. For single-targets, taps of Chest Beam can put up Burn Through for PBR to boost its dmg a bit. Also, keep in mind that PBR is a ramp-up maintain atm, so you'll generally want to finish channels of it before using another power. Fortunately, both PBR and Elec Current are pretty cheap, so energy shouldn't be too much of a concern overall. Gears mostly for Int, w/ some Con.

DEX/Int/Con (still Int-focused) could also work pretty well as the SS setup here.
    edited July 2021
    I'm also a bit curious as to why the Muni build wasn't working for you- it should have been pretty solid, assuming you took my edit of it.

I did, however while I was trying the mix of Munitions, I came across a few issues.

1. It was a bit difficult on getting the KI to proc with the powers I had, as I wanted to focus mainly on the Elemental side, I found it hard to up-keep the EU, by having to use LP/Bullet Hail, while on top of trying to up keep the Burst Shot combo, then to switch to useing the other attacks like Lighting Strike.

2. I never was a fan of the "Spray and Pray" type weapons, weapons like a SMG or Bullet Hail, on top of that, it looked rather strange, as my TP is always active, for the Thame, so I was always hovering and looked a bit off, ofc this is just down to Personal Perf only.

So, this why it not really worked out too well, PRB was doing alright for leveling, I had a different passive QS, that boosted the damage of Sonic/Particle and Electric, but the rest was not being boosted, I also opt to getting another EU due to the KI issue and I ended up with MSA due to TS/Fire Snake/Rimfire and the rest all had a cooldown. (felt silly not to take it).
    Power Gauntlet is kinda weak for dps, since it's a blast power.

I'm quite a bit curious myself as to why Power Gauntlet is -kinda- weak for dps, since during my testing I found some interesting results (Of course, Gear plays a factor, along with my SS I do bealive, so its not completely correct)

Fully ranked up without any passive PG Deals 1,424 Base (that isn't too bad). However w/ NW as my passive the damage goes up to (1,650). With that the Charge Time is boosted as well, so I don't have to hold it as long (Atleast I think that's what it's doing, hard to tell sometimes...)

However with the QS Passive I am getting slightly more damage out of it (1,792) I assume this is the same for Electr Form as well, but it might be lower, due to the side passive of having a built in Rec/End Effect.

So if I am set on keeping Power Gauntlets (still stress testing, but looks like I am). How can I compensate the low damage for the blast attack?, I chuold go for Chest Blast, but it's far too expensive to cast and I don't think there is another power that can apply "Burn Through".

Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
    So, looked around the specs a bit, thanks to some help from a friend and there are some Specs, that do help the damage of Blast Attacks, so specs can go something like this, I chuold go with Overseer too, but I rather keep the Vindicator Tree, Gaurdien can also be replaced by Overseer tho, not sure what is stronger Administer or Make it Count, but the cost reduction is kinda helpful too.

Specializations
    Guardian: Make It Count (3/3)
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    I did, however while I was trying the mix of Munitions, I came across a few issues.

1. It was a bit difficult on getting the KI to proc with the powers I had, as I wanted to focus mainly on the Elemental side, I found it hard to up-keep the EU, by having to use LP/Bullet Hail, while on top of trying to up keep the Burst Shot combo, then to switch to useing the other attacks like Lighting Strike.
    Uh, if you mean Thunderstrike, then that's a cd. If you mean Lightning Strike as in Elec's lunge, then I dunno why you'd be using that often (or even at all) in a ranged dps build, but it's also a cheap cd power anyways. It really shouldn't have hurt energy that much to throw in taps of TStrike for the self-heal (or using the lunge). It's a similar story w/ the other elemental cd powers (sans any Ultimate power, but you can pool energy for the Ult since it's on a longer cd anyways). Burst Shot also isn't a combo and it's in Muni anyways (so it can also proc KI) and you're just occasionally tapping it to debuff. The Muni attacks also aren't ramp-up maintains, and thus you can interrupt them to throw in a quick elemental cd and get back to it. So it shouldn't be that hard to put it all together.
    2. I never was a fan of the "Spray and Pray" type weapons, weapons like a SMG or Bullet Hail, on top of that, it looked rather strange, as my TP is always active, for the Thame, so I was always hovering and looked a bit off, ofc this is just down to Personal Perf only.
    I don't understand. So were you mostly just waiting around for the elemental cd attacks to come back up, then? If so, then yea, something like my build won't work well, cause I didn't intend it to be played in that manner. The bulk of your dmg should be coming from your basic filler attacks that don't have cds (ie. the Muni ones, in this case). If it's just cause you don't like SMG or Bullet Hail's anims when moving, then maybe just use Lead Tempest as your main AoE, as it roots you in place anyways. Also, you should always have a TP active from a practical standpoint anyways.

(And yea, MSA + Int could work for that build too, but I'm still a bit confused by your response overall)
    -
    I'm quite a bit curious myself as to why Power Gauntlet is -kinda- weak for dps, since during my testing I found some interesting results (Of course, Gear plays a factor, along with my SS I do bealive, so its not completely correct) (...)
    Yea, the blast is low base dps overall. That's just down to raw numbers when compared to other attack types. It doesn't mean that you can't perform okay w/ one as the centerpiece (since most of CO isn't that hard), but you prob won't be topping dmg meters when playing w/ others that know what they're doing.
    So if I am set on keeping Power Gauntlets (still stress testing, but looks like I am). How can I compensate the low damage for the blast attack?, I chuold go for Chest Blast, but it's far too expensive to cast and I don't think there is another power that can apply "Burn Through".
    You can just tap Chest Beam to apply and refresh the debuff, and occasional taps of it for that purpose shouldn't be too costly overall. The blast itself is quite cheap as well, and I assume that it would be your main single-target attack anyways.
    So, looked around the specs a bit, thanks to some help from a friend and there are some Specs, that do help the damage of Blast Attacks, so specs can go something like this, I chuold go with Overseer too, but I rather keep the Vindicator Tree, Gaurdien can also be replaced by Overseer tho, not sure what is stronger Administer or Make it Count, but the cost reduction is kinda helpful too.
    Overseer is okay, but it's better for supports and/or CC'ers using Trapped, imo (Avenger is another decent option). Guardicator is good overall for ranged dps builds, even when using a blast, so I'd prob just keep that.
    edited July 2021
    Uh, if you mean Thunderstrike

Yup, my bad!, I did mean Thunderstrike.
    It really shouldn't have hurt energy that much to throw in taps of TStrike for the self-heal. It's a similar story w/ the other elemental cd powers (sans any Ultimate power, but you can pool energy for the Ult since it's on a longer cd anyways). Burst Shot also isn't a combo and it's in Muni anyways (so it can also proc KI) and you're just occasionally tapping it to debuff. The Muni attacks also aren't ramp-up maintains, and thus you can interrupt them to throw in a quick elemental cd and get back to it. So it shouldn't be that hard to put it all together.

Ture, with testing I did getting the powers to proc was a bit difficult, although that might be tied down with the lack of Dex in the build, due to cirts where not as frequent, so a stat change might be best. I am curious tho, is it possible to do well with the build with just TGM and Frag or Burst shot, if I wanted to go down that road?
    I don't understand. So were you mostly just waiting around for the elemental cd attacks to come back up, then? If so, then yea, something like my build won't work well, cause I didn't intend it to be played in that manner. The bulk of your dmg should be coming from your basic filler attacks that don't have cds (ie. the Muni ones, in this case). If it's just cause you don't like SMG or Bullet Hail's anims when moving, then maybe just use Lead Tempest as your main AoE, as it roots you in place anyways. Also, you should always have a TP active from a practical standpoint anyways.

Oh, well, now that I look at it that way, yeah I was banking on the short cool down, with MSA, but now that I've tested it fully, it's not working so great (The build I made) as I only have PG as my damage and while some cool-downs are short, I run out of energy before MSA can porc.

So, yeah I'm not entirely sure why the build didn't work correctly before, perhaps it was down to the stats and gear, or the lack of having the appropriate Stats (Dex/Rec) for the Cirts and Porcs.
    You can just tap Chest Beam to apply and refresh the debuff, and occasional taps of it for that purpose shouldn't be too costly overall. The blast itself is quite cheap as well, and I assume that it would be your main single-target attack anyways/Overseer is okay, but it's better for supports and/or CC'ers using Trapped, imo (Avenger is another decent option). Guardicator is good overall for ranged dps builds, even when using a blast, so I'd prob just keep that.

Yeah, I was thinking such, but I think it be best to stick with Muni powers, but with that being said, not sure if I've asked this yet. But is there any key differences between Two Gun Mojo and Bullet Hail?, they seem to be the same power, with the exception of AoE and None AoE.

With testing, strangely enough TGM procs Cirts alot more then Bullet Spray does, bu that might just be random or my terrible eye sight.

Going back to the old build (with some changes): I've gone for TGM and Frag Grenade to apply AP Debuff, I've also gone for Dex/Rec for the Higher Cirt (to help porc KI. While keeping Ego for Conc.

Remaining powers are the still the same, last power not sure of.

[(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 1: The Psychokinetic (Dex: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Killer Instinct
    Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 11: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes)
    Level 17: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Recharge)
    Level 23: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 29:
    Level 32: Concentration
    Level 35: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Electro Flight
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Also, lastly I missed your note: Also, you should always have a TP active from a practical standpoint anyways. I assume to have the TP active or ready to be active?, for my Melee OCs, I always have it on, so I can rush the mobs.

It's just a shame that we don'#t have a TP that works with powers (for exp: If you use Electro Flight with or useing Elemental Powers, the cost penitently doesn't apply, but eh.

P.S: My TP is Rank 3, I just forgot to add it in the HeroCr
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    You kown, I think I realized that testing on dummys in the Power House ins't the best thing to test builds....

I always go to the Lerm PH due to I like being alone, do you think the battle sim (things) are good place to stress test?
    Psi.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Forget the PH. Take the build over to the QWZ and see how it fares there. Be sure to have your anticipated endgame gear and mods. If you can solo the QWZ the build is decent, if you fail, well ...
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Forget the PH. Take the build over to the QWZ and see how it fares there. Be sure to have your anticipated endgame gear and mods. If you can solo the QWZ the build is decent, if you fail, well ...

I think I'll pass...xD

If any of my OCs go near that thing, I'm good as dead. I don't do end game content
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    cryneting wrote: »
    Ture, with testing I did getting the powers to proc was a bit difficult, although that might be tied down with the lack of Dex in the build, due to cirts where not as frequent, so a stat change might be best. I am curious tho, is it possible to do well with the build with just TGM and Frag or Burst shot, if I wanted to go down that road?
    The problem is that you still will want a decent AoE then (Frag Grenade is an AoE, but it's on a cd), and TGM's AoE adv is pretty small and makes it less optimal for single-target dmg (sicne you can't get R3 then), while Burst Shot's AoE is also quite small. So that means you'll prob also want either Bullet Hail or Lead Tempest for wider AoE if using pistol Muni powers. That's still just 3 attacks from Muni, though, so that should leave good room for other things.
    Oh, well, now that I look at it that way, yeah I was banking on the short cool down, with MSA, but now that I've tested it fully, it's not working so great (The build I made) as I only have PG as my damage and while some cool-downs are short, I run out of energy before MSA can porc.

So, yeah I'm not entirely sure why the build didn't work correctly before, perhaps it was down to the stats and gear, or the lack of having the appropriate Stats (Dex/Rec) for the Cirts and Porcs.
    Well, PG is still quite cheap for an attack (again, that's just raw numbers speaking), and MSA is decent for energy as long as you can roll it w/ cd powers. It sounds more like you have an issue w/ stats and gear values being low and/or you're taking the wrong stat focus overall (for example, you'll want quite high amounts of Int if using a build w/ MSA and Concentration together, and then energy should be much better overall). Cost discount rating on gear can also go a long way to reducing costs (and heirloom gear doesn't have it, which is something to consider if using it), and while cost discount rating DRs pretty heavily as you get a lot of it, it can have a good effect when you don't have as much of it earlier on.
    Yeah, I was thinking such, but I think it be best to stick with Muni powers, but with that being said, not sure if I've asked this yet. But is there any key differences between Two Gun Mojo and Bullet Hail?, they seem to be the same power, with the exception of AoE and None AoE.
    I mean.. TGM being innately designed as an single-target attack and Bullet Hail being designed as a wide frontal cone AoE is a pretty major difference in of itself :p It basically means that Bullet Hail thus deals much less dmg per target, because it can hit many more targets than TGM can. There are other differences, like their tier position, animation, costs, and special advs.. but AoE vs. single-target is the main distinction for gameplay, yea.
    With testing, strangely enough TGM procs Cirts alot more then Bullet Spray does, bu that might just be random or my terrible eye sight.
    That's prob just down to random chance. Crit is random by nature, and you'd have to conduct long dps parses to really nail down a reliable effective rate for it. Both powers also grant Furious, but that's a smaller effect overall (1-3% added crit). You may also have 2-6% mroe crit on TGM if taking points in Focused Strikes in Vindicator over Mass Destruction, but that's also kinda minor (I usually take 3/3 in one and 2/3 in the other, so there's only a 2% difference there).
    Going back to the old build (with some changes): I've gone for TGM and Frag Grenade to apply AP Debuff, I've also gone for Dex/Rec for the Higher Cirt (to help proc KI. While keeping Ego for Conc.

Remaining powers are the still the same, last power not sure of.
    (...)
    You don't really need both Thunderstrike and Holdout Shot w/ their heal advs here. I'd prob drop Holdout (since I assume you want to keep TStrike for the theme) and instead add Lead Tempest or Bullet Hail to that build so you have a decent non-cd AoE. You can take R2 out of Thunderstrike (and/or R3 from the Ult) for more free adv points. The extra power slot can be filled w/ Endorphin Rush or Conviction, or something to that effect.
    Also, lastly I missed your note: Also, you should always have a TP active from a practical standpoint anyways. I assume to have the TP active or ready to be active?, for my Melee OCs, I always have it on, so I can rush the mobs.
    Yea, I'd always have one on, and for any type of build (not just for melee). Imo, generally you get so much utility from not moving around at a snail's pace both in- and out-of-combat that you should always have a TP active (assuming you haven't been locked out of one).
    It's just a shame that we don'#t have a TP that works with powers (for exp: If you use Electro Flight with or useing Elemental Powers, the cost penitently doesn't apply, but eh.
    Yea, it's not a big deal overall, imo. Maybe at low levels the cost increase from using a TP matters, but not really much outside of that.
    That's prob just down to random chance. Crit is random by nature, and you'd have to conduct long dps parses to really nail down a reliable effective rate for it. Both powers also grant Furious, but that's a smaller effect overall (1-3% added crit). You may also have 2-6% mroe crit on TGM if taking points in Focused Strikes in Vindicator over Mass Destruction, but that's also kinda minor (I usually take 3/3 in one and 2/3 in the other, so there's only a 2% difference there).

Yea, I'd always have one on, and for any type of build (not just for melee). Imo, generally you get so much utility from not moving around at a snail's pace both in- and out-of-combat that you should always have a TP active (assuming you haven't been locked out of one).

Yea, it's not a big deal overall, imo. Maybe at low levels the cost increase from using a TP matters, but not really much outside of that.

Ahh I see, so wasn't just me going crazy then :p

And yes I always have TPs on and I wish for the same lost level costs, but oh well.
    The problem is that you still will want a decent AoE then (Frag Grenade is an AoE, but it's on a cd), and TGM's AoE adv is pretty small and makes it less optimal for single-target dmg (sicne you can't get R3 then), while Burst Shot's AoE is also quite small. So that means you'll prob also want either Bullet Hail or Lead Tempest for wider AoE if using pistol Muni powers. That's still just 3 attacks from Muni, though, so that should leave good room for other things.

I mean.. TGM being innately designed as an single-target attack and Bullet Hail being designed as a wide frontal cone AoE is a pretty major difference in of itself :p It basically means that Bullet Hail thus deals much less dmg per target, because it can hit many more targets than TGM can. There are other differences, like their tier position, animation, costs, and special advs.. but AoE vs. single-target is the main distinction for gameplay, yea.

You don't really need both Thunderstrike and Holdout Shot w/ their heal advs here. I'd prob drop Holdout (since I assume you want to keep TStrike for the theme) and instead add Lead Tempest or Bullet Hail to that build so you have a decent non-cd AoE. You can take R2 out of Thunderstrike (and/or R3 from the Ult) for more free adv points. The extra power slot can be filled w/ Endorphin Rush or Conviction, or something to that effect.

I suppose I can throw in LT in there for the extra AoE, while the other powers are on cool-down, although Lighting Strike does make up for a Decent AoE, so I've placed it into the build.

Yeah, I've used the Muni Tree, before TGM got shoved back to the back of the list and had a AoE Version of it in the middle, as they are both maintain powers, not sure why this choice was made, if I am honest, as it feels strange, to have both versions of the same type. Lead Tempest I can get behind, due to its a much bigger AoE, but what can do you. <Shurg>

And yeah, my bad on that I can remove one or the other on that for the heal adv. (or outright remove it)
    Well, PG is still quite cheap for an attack (again, that's just raw numbers speaking), and MSA is decent for energy as long as you can roll it w/ cd powers. It sounds more like you have an issue w/ stats and gear values being low and/or you're taking the wrong stat focus overall (for example, you'll want quite high amounts of Int if using a build w/ MSA and Concentration together, and then energy should be much better overall). Cost discount rating on gear can also go a long way to reducing costs (and heirloom gear doesn't have it, which is something to consider if using it), and while cost discount rating DRs pretty heavily as you get a lot of it, it can have a good effect when you don't have as much of it earlier on.

Yeah, I think having that issue with the wrong stats and gear values, I'll this type of build agian, but with high amounts of Int, not sure if that will need to be my PSS or SS tho. Not too sure. (Looking at it, Ego might be still best for PSS)

I can make sure I can grab some gear with high cost reduction and cool-downs and yes, sadly I realized that too soon. I'll toy around with both builds so see what I like best.

With that being said here are the two builds:

The Muni One:

Took out Holdout shot in favor for Bullet Hail, I'll likely use such for a shield in-case I get into some trouble. But other then that, all is the same.

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 1: The Psychokinetic (Dex: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Killer Instinct
    Level 6: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Wall of Bullets)
    Level 11: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes)
    Level 17: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Recharge)
    Level 23: Rimefire Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 29: Thundering Return
    Level 32: Concentration
    Level 35: Resurgence
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Blaster One

This is the Blaster one, with PG and Particle Smash (or Chest Beam and or Eye Beam) for the Damage Debuff (They all do the same thing, in a way). I am leaning more on PS then Chest Beam, Cuz of the Heal and its super easy to spam (But!, due to the high Int and Gear I'll focus, I can switch to Chest Beam for tapping effects, as long as the Int really does half the cost, if that is a must)

My usual set up with Thunder Strike, Rimfire and Fire Snek, Power Guanlets can be either Rank 3 or Adv (not sure what is stronger, cuz I don't kown the range rule).

MSA and Conc with heavy focus on Int and rec, to give much energy as possible, Rsruge for my AD and Oh No Key, Warm for my Healing. One power left, no idea what to use it for yet.

Now that I got the correct Stat Focus, the build below feels way more better then my other tests and I'm quite happy with this build, so I may end up going for this build in the end, but I did put up both builds, encase I changed my mind down the road.

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 1: The Impulse (Int: 10, Ego: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 9: Academics (Int: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Power Gauntlet (Rank 2, Downrange Disaster)
    Level 6: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 11: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 14: Thunderstrike (Rank 2, Strike Down)
    Level 20: Fire Snake (Rank 2, Trail Blazer)
    Level 23: Particle Smash (Light Everlasting, Null Value)
    Level 26:
    Level 29: Concentration
    Level 32: Warmth (Rank 2, Illuminate)
    Level 35: Resurgence

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Guardian: Make It Count (3/3)

Devices

Additional Notes:
    Note: Gear will focus heavily in Int and Rec (With some Ego to boost Damage)

Gear will also need a ton of Cooldown/Cost Reductions

Read the Additional Notes, that will give you a clear view on my goal.
    Psi.
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, I've used the Muni Tree, before TGM got shoved back to the back of the list and had a AoE Version of it in the middle, as they are both maintain powers, not sure why this choice was made, if I am honest, as it feels strange, to have both versions of the same type. Lead Tempest I can get behind, due to its a much bigger AoE, but what can do you. <Shurg>
    I'm not really sure what you mean here. Bullet Hail was added as a reskin of SMG Burst, and it gives pistol Muni builds another wide AoE option outside of Lead Tempest to use. So it's not really just an AoE version of TGM (and TGM doesn't even use the same anim as Bullet Hail, if you compare them). If anything, it's a copy of SMG Burst- just w/ a different animation/weapon used.

-
    Anyways, for that first build (using Muni)- it looks mostly fine. I may get R2 on Resurgence by taking a rank from TStrike or the Ult, and I'd also max out Follow Through in Ego PSS (just for the 1st build), since Ego should be your main stat there.

For the 2nd build, Particle Smash is technically a melee attack, and has limited range to match that (25ft). Also, it can't put up Disintegrate unless it consumes at least one stack of Plasma Burn (which you don't have a good source of atm). It'd prob be easier to just put Chest Beam in there and tap it for your Particle dmg debuff. You wouldn't want to use Eye Beam for the debuff either, since it's a slotted PA power and thus will lockout other powers when used (and having one slotted toggle going off by itself isn't great for dps either). Some of your attacks are limited to 50ft, so I may also just get R3 of Power Gauntlet. Also, I'm not really a huge fan of Warmth as a heal; you could take Conviction or ERush for the extra MSA proc, though. Make It Count is also kinda weak in Guardian spec (its small dmg bonus is subject to DR, and you'll already have high cost discount from other places); I may just get Fortified Gear there. The build could also use a wider AoE attack that's not on a cd, but I'll leave that up to you.

Hope the build works out for you, whichever you settle on.
    I'm not really sure what you mean here. Bullet Hail was added as a reskin of SMG Burst, and it gives pistol Muni builds another wide AoE option outside of Lead Tempest to use. So it's not really just an AoE version of TGM (and TGM doesn't even use the same anim as Bullet Hail, if you compare them). If anything, it's a copy of SMG Burst- just w/ a different animation/weapon used.

Oh really?, I had thought Bullet Hail was a reskin of TGM, just a diffident animation, but now you bring that up, that is a good point, so yeah, I am wrong then. :p

For the 2nd build, Particle Smash is technically a melee attack, and has limited range to match that (25ft). Also, it can't put up Disintegrate unless it consumes at least one stack of Plasma Burn (which you don't have a good source of atm). It'd prob be easier to just put Chest Beam in there and tap it for your Particle dmg debuff. You wouldn't want to use Eye Beam for the debuff either, since it's a slotted PA power and thus will lockout other powers when used (and having one slotted toggle going off by itself isn't great for dps either). Some of your attacks are limited to 50ft, so I may also just get R3 of Power Gauntlet. Also, I'm not really a huge fan of Warmth as a heal; you could take Conviction or ERush for the extra MSA proc, though. Make It Count is also kinda weak in Guardian spec (its small dmg bonus is subject to DR, and you'll already have high cost discount from other places); I may just get Fortified Gear there. The build could also use a wider AoE attack that's not on a cd, but I'll leave that up to you.

Hope the build works out for you, whichever you settle on.

Yup, I had a feeling that Particle Smash had that issue with testing, I'll slap in Chest Beam in there and tap it for the debuff and yeah, good point on the Eye Beam, I forgot that was a slotted power. (There is a device that deals "Burn Through" but it's a Blood Moon thing, and I don't think it's tradeable)

I may go for ERush as I really do like that heal, due to Conviction is canceled out if I am damaged (or with what I can read). I have put Fortified Gear back in for the extra protection.

I'll toy around with a non-cooldown AoE as well and thanks for the help

Psi.
    edited July 2021
    I may go for ERush as I really do like that heal, due to Conviction is canceled out if I am damaged (or with what I can read). I have put Fortified Gear back in for the extra protection.
    Only the temporary maxHP boost (which you typically aren't taking Conviction for) is lost when you take dmg; its heal still works regardless. But ER is fine to take too.
    Only the temporary maxHP boost (which you typically aren't taking Conviction for) is lost when you take dmg; its heal still works regardless. But ER is fine to take too.

Oh, I didn't kown that, well in that case I'll take Conviction
    Psi.