test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ideal PPS and SS for Ego Blade?

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Power Discussion
Leveling another OC, that uses Ego Blade, as their main attack damage powers, but not sure on the Stats, Ego does boost its bonus damage, but it's not really necessary, as it's just a extra damage boost.

Dex was my first choice in PPS, but does the Strg SS also apply and does it effect the cost discount?
Psi.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Str's innate melee dmg bonus does not apply to TK Blades, as you could prob guess since Ego does that instead for them. Ofc, as you also kinda note, those dmg bonuses aren't worth that much overall, esp once you get higher gear and stats (and in groups allies can also be giving you AoPM buffs to boost your Ego/Str some). Also, neither Str nor Ego apply cost discount innately.

DEX/Rec/Con is a good default SS setup for TK Blades now, but EGO/Dex/Rec_Con can also be a strong choice. Even Str PSS can be okay for TK Blades, but you'd mostly take it over the alternatives for some extra knock resist and/or maybe Juggernaut if combining w/ Con SS for a tankier dps build (ie. STR/Dex/Con; Physical Peak and Brutality are also nice when taking Str PSS as melee). Ofc, all of these still assume a Dex-focus if using Mental Discipline (or FotTempest, which can also work) as the toggle/from.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Str's innate melee dmg bonus does not apply to TK Blades, as you could prob guess since Ego does that instead for them. Ofc, as you also kinda note, those dmg bonuses aren't worth that much overall, esp once you get higher gear and stats (and in groups allies can also be giving you AoPM buffs to boost your Ego/Str some). Also, neither Str nor Ego apply cost discount innately.

Yup, I had thought as much, so are you telling me that the Specs from the Str (aka: Physical Peak) doesn't effect Ego Blade?, as that is why I was learning towards Str, or just the Ego/Str SS itself, doesn't give a cost discount?.

DEX/Rec/Con is a good default SS setup for TK Blades now, but EGO/Dex/Rec_Con can also be a strong choice. Even Str PSS can be okay for TK Blades, but you'd mostly take it over the alternatives for some extra knock resist and/or maybe Juggernaut if combining w/ Con SS for a tankier dps build (ie. STR/Dex/Con; Physical Peak and Brutality are also nice when taking Str PSS as melee). Ofc, all of these still assume a Dex-focus if using Mental Discipline (or FotTempest, which can also work) as the toggle/from.

So, what do you think is stronger DEX/Rec/Con or EGO/Dex/Rec (or Con).

Psi.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Yup, I had thought as much, so are you telling me that the Specs from the Str (aka: Physical Peak) doesn't effect Ego Blade?, as that is why I was learning towards Str, or just the Ego/Str SS itself, doesn't give a cost discount?.
    Physical Peak (and other melee-specific options) will still apply to TK Blades, since they are still flagged as melee. The only thing that's different is that Ego's innate dmg bonus applies to them (and not Str's).
    DEX/Rec/Con, EGO/Dex/Rec, and EGO/Dex/Con are all good, really. I'd prob pick one w/ Con SS'd for general content (likely DEX/Rec/Con), but it's up to you.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Physical Peak (and other melee-specific options) will still apply to TK Blades, since they are still flagged as melee. The only thing that's different is that Ego's innate dmg bonus applies to them (and not Str's).
    DEX/Rec/Con, EGO/Dex/Rec, and EGO/Dex/Con are all good, really. I'd prob pick one w/ Con SS'd for general content (likely DEX/Rec/Con), but it's up to you.

Thanks then, I'll keep it in mind
    Psi.