test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lore Incongruity

So the whole entrance into CO started at the Qulaar Invasion. Then we see a Qulaar in charge of the Black Aces. I assume this means Ludwig's communicating with the human Black Aces.

Players can read his speech. He also speaks with Hi Pan.

Then we see Gadget Boy in Monster Island and he has us collecting communicators because he (one of the smartest minds who already speaks like 8(?) Languages) cannot decipher their language.

Which is it?

- -

When listening to the people near Arvad's palace and the Mandragalore he's often mentioned at "Prince Arvad" but in the latest Serial Missions he's "King Arvad"

I assume in our timeline he's become ruler regardless. But Prince means there could be another person still coronated. Lore heads will know of Arvad's questionable legitimacy.

Which is it?

--

I'm pretty Sure Zoe Loft is killed by the Death Dragon. Everyone but Poe is.. but nalso pretty sure we continue to see her.. (tho I don't remember where lol)

Is she dead?

--

Will add others as I find them. There are quite a few but this event is my first time going through lower level content in quite some time

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I can give you answers drawn from the lore detailed in the latest edition of the pen-and-paper Champions RPG that this MMO setting is based on. Note that Cryptic Studios/Perfect World Entertainment own the Champs IP, and can change and have changed said lore in any way that suits the stories they want to tell, including inconsistent ways. ;) One principle articulated by the publishers of those books, Hero Games, is that in the case of conflicting versions of the lore the latest source should be considered the "official" one, and it would be reasonable to apply that standard here.

Per Champions Beyond p.157 (the book detailing the space/alien/cosmic side of the Champions Universe), the Qularr language remains untranslatable by humans, and probably involves producing sounds humans can't hear or make without technology. I would expect the Qularr to have the tech to create translators enabling them to communicate with humans, especially after decades of deliberately studying us.

In all the PnP sources Arvad as ruler of Lemuria is called, "King." He arguably might have been referred to as "Prince" by his fellow Empyreans when his father Amlin, first king of the Empyreans, was alive. Amlin's other son Hazor, chosen by the Empyreans to succeed Amlin, has a grandson and heir named Archon who bears the title, "Crown Prince." But Amlin was killed 10,000 years ago, and Arvad fled the Empyrean homeland, Arcadia, after his attempt to usurp Hazor's crown failed around 1800 ACE. A few decades afterward Arvad tricked his way onto the throne of Lemuria, planning to use the Lemurians to seize Arcadia. I suppose Empyreans might still call him Prince Arvad, although before his coup attempt he was known as "Arvad the Mighty;" but today they typically name him "Arvad the Betrayer," if they speak of him at all. (This Empyrean and Lemurian history is excerpted from the book, Hidden Lands.)

I'm afraid I know of no sources which clarify the status of Zoe Loft. Hopefully someone in the know will show up here. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Pursuant to the issue of Arvad's title, those Lemurians unhappy with his rule might refer to him privately as "Prince," which as noted above would be his Empyrean rank, rather than acknowledge his status as their king. Arvad never hid his contempt for his subjects, although in CO he claims to have had a change of heart toward them.
  • Options
    While on the subject of Lemuria, another lore incongruity involving it was brought up elsewhere on these forums, so it might benefit the curious to link to the question and answer: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1215555/whats-up-with-khusor
  • Options
    senzsunsenzsun Posts: 70 Arc User

I'm pretty Sure Zoe Loft is killed by the Death Dragon. Everyone but Poe is.. but nalso pretty sure we continue to see her.. (tho I don't remember where lol)

Is she dead?

--

Is Death Dragon death different from the kind you inflicted on her in the underground recruitment centre?
    To be honest I don't recall ever seeing Zoe after Death Dragon. Nor any other Maniac outside their patch in West Side.
    I Like the Maniacs. Maybe they could bring them back as accomplices like they did with the Cobras.

===================================

I am not bad at punctuation!
    MMORPGs are just bad at recognizing non QWERTY. :#
  • Options
    meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    If you read the mission dialoge the Captain gives you when turning the mission in, he tells you they "have them in custody". So apparently the three gang leaders were not killed by the Death Dragon.