test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20210707.7 - Defender's National Training Program

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2021 in PTS - The Archive
Defender Event
  • Added Swimsuit Tops, Trunks and Wrap to the event store.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• ansharkisharansharkishar Posts: 7 Arc User
    Defender Event
    • Added Swimsuit Tops, Trunks and Wrap to the event store.
    ​​

...Where? PTS updated, but no Defender Training Program in sight.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    Swimsuit_Tops_-_Edited..PNG

Swimsuit_Trunks_-_Edited..PNG

Swimsuit_Wrap-_Edited..PNG
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    I kind of forget, is the Training Event a one-week thing, or did they change it to two weeks? Obviously hoping the latter, heh.

Also I'm guessing you won't be able to get all three of those parts with one 40? Maybe at least 2/3?
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Swimsuit_Tops_-_Edited..PNG

To be honest, the Swimsuit tops would be great for the tights layer.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User

That's a good point! Since there's no "topless" option for obvious reasons, the suits are gonna have to be layered over the existing bikini tops, so I don't think there's a way to actually have a strapless top.

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    There's a disturbing lack of speedo here, but that's probably for the best. After how the game handled the cosmos monokini, I'm not sure we're ready for a full fledged speedo yet.

Cool stuff tho!
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    swim.JPG
    22.JPG
    Swimsuit female variant.

pricing.JPG
    Pricing
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    A very important question is how much it cost? One character to level 40 gives 2 tokens. Please tell me that they are a token each?
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    edited July 2021
    TECHNICALLY THE BIKINI TOPS SHOULD BE BOTH. TIGHTS AND CHEST LAYER LEVELS. AS WE HAVE 'THE URBAN ANIME TUBE TOP'!!!!!

CATER FOR:
    *GIRLS WITH LIZARD SKIN
    *GIRLS WITH NORMAL SKIN
    *GIRLS WITH ANIMAL FUR

(If Defender event is tomorrow then y'all should not releasing test day before it goes live.)
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

That's a good point! Since there's no "topless" option for obvious reasons, the suits are gonna have to be layered over the existing bikini tops, so I don't think there's a way to actually have a strapless top.
    I would be tempted to do the 1-40 thing for a version that would allow for a strapless top, I've been wanting that at least since the game launched.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just glad that there is nothing I want from this event.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    I'm quite surprised to see this early. But does this mean there will be another Defender Program in Aug/Sept?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Did they not fix the top to tights skin layer?
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Please, move this top to the Tights & Skin > Skin Layer, and have it actually be skintight. This would allow for more mix'n'matching, also prevents clipping with other costume pieces.

8ihFcPr.jpg

To like:
    sT0SOVU.png
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    I'm quite surprised to see this early. But does this mean there will be another Defender Program in Aug/Sept?

Maybe there's a different event (something *gasp* NEW? One can hope).
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    For players who don't create alts it'd be nice to have an alternative mission chain..

Perhaps complete all 4 adventure packs?

Or run both Epic Lairs in one day 3 times?

- -

I've found the greatest value of this event comes in replaying low level content. Most players still just level through Grab alerts for the most part and player feedback on the leveling experience are not really flowing in and the lower level content isn't exactly being invested in so I don't really know what the devs want us to test.

- -

Finally I think it'd be such a boon to CO if much more of the Open World content were decoupled from level and replaced with the "Skull" level that allows players of varying levels compete together. I'd love to start my character in Vibora Bay and start running the Queen City.

I'm sure some would like to start at White Sands (pre burning sands) and others even may want to begin at the Canadian Crisis.

The missions are so often skipped and their assigned levels are mostly skipped right over because most players end up in Millennium City and never leave it. Adding origin diversity just may bring roleplayers (the most loyal player base) back to creating interesting characters who actually want to exist in the Champions IP.

Putting more early level and introductory content at skull levels would allow for this.

- -

P.S. Please fix Kings Throne open mission and the one near Burial caves in Canada
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    We used to be able to start crisis far earlier, till On Alert Update I believe and the Westside revamp. Another big mystery why it got changed by the devs.
    We used to be able to start crisis far earlier, till On Alert Update I believe and the Westside revamp. Another big mystery why it got changed by the devs.
    They wanted to shake up the new player experience and let people stay in MC for longer instead of getting forced into either Canada or Desert after the tutorial.
    edited July 2021
    > @wingedkagouti said:
    > They wanted to shake up the new player experience and let people stay in MC for longer instead of getting forced into either Canada or Desert after the tutorial.

That's a funny way of saying locking players to Westside until level 13 (minimum level for the desert crisis). City Center has always been available at it's current level, and players were never forced to go to either zone. The devs probably figured this was less overwhelming than giving 2 opening zones available to new players (which unfortunately screwed over anyone who didn't want to do Westside).

And to make matters worse, they changed Westside's missions to be the only ones in the game that aren't offered below their level, again probably to avoid overwhelming new players. Of course, this also ends up screwing over people who don't want to level in Westside by making it harder to skip missions. What the devs didn't realize however is that this incentivized them to go into grab alerts at level 10, leaving them woefully underprepared for much harder content and potentially overwhelming them that way.

Anyway, rant over. Westside sucks. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    The devs probably figured this was less overwhelming than giving 2 opening zones available to new players (which unfortunately screwed over anyone who didn't want to do Westside).
    It sounds like you either didn't play or at the very least don't remember the (forum) sentiment at the time. There were a decent amount of "My street level super wouldn't go to Canada or Desert since there's no city" threads with a fair amount of positive player support from launch (even a few during the beta after MC was added) and until it got changed.
    edited July 2021
    > @wingedkagouti said:
    > It sounds like you either didn't play or at the very least don't remember the (forum) sentiment at the time. There were a decent amount of "My street level super wouldn't go to Canada or Desert since there's no city" threads with a fair amount of positive player support from launch (even a few during the beta after MC was added) and until it got changed.

Regardless of what people may have thought, you could always easily go from Westside to City Center if you did most of the Westside missions. The only thing they actually changed was no longer giving you the option of Canada and making the leveling tighter. You never had to leave the city before.
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    The devs probably figured this was less overwhelming than giving 2 opening zones available to new players (which unfortunately screwed over anyone who didn't want to do Westside).
    It sounds like you either didn't play or at the very least don't remember the (forum) sentiment at the time. There were a decent amount of "My street level super wouldn't go to Canada or Desert since there's no city" threads with a fair amount of positive player support from launch (even a few during the beta after MC was added) and until it got changed.

...you... didn't HAVE to go to Canada though. I got plenty of times to level 20+ (at the time I liked restarting at lv20~25 just to try new things since I only had a few character slots) and never HAD to pick Canada/Desert. And you still can't hit lv40 just on MC so this is still kinda pointless and off-topic subject.

Point of the matter is, we're now forced to play Westside and most people are beyond exhausted of having to do it, so they go to alerts, WoP and event Open Missions as low as they can be so they can avoid dealing with Westside, and having 4 level 10s in your XP alert is not a very fun experience.

Maybe my Canadian superhero wouldn't go to Milennium City, two can play that game.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Westside originally was set to higher level (lowest level content something like level 14) so you really were forced to go canada or desert first.
    > @wingedkagouti said:
    > It sounds like you either didn't play or at the very least don't remember the (forum) sentiment at the time. There were a decent amount of "My street level super wouldn't go to Canada or Desert since there's no city" threads with a fair amount of positive player support from launch (even a few during the beta after MC was added) and until it got changed.

Regardless of what people may have thought, you could always easily go from Westside to City Center if you did most of the Westside missions. The only thing they actually changed was no longer giving you the option of Canada and making the leveling tighter. You never had to leave the city before.
    As pantagruel said, originally you had to pick between Desert or Canada when leaving the tutorial and doing quests in MC was not an option until you had more or less completed the initial post-crisis quest line in your chosen zone. For Desert you only got enough levels for Westside quests once you had finished Burnside. In Canada you needed to complete both parts of the crash arc.
    Unless you're talking about pre-free to play, that's objectively wrong.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Unless you're talking about pre-free to play, that's objectively wrong.
    I am talking about pre-Westside revamp. Which was in fact pre F2P. Or at least pre-On Alert.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    lunnylunny wrote: »
    Point of the matter is, we're now forced to play Westside and most people are beyond exhausted of having to do it, so they go to alerts, WoP and event Open Missions as low as they can be so they can avoid dealing with Westside, and having 4 level 10s in your XP alert is not a very fun experience.
    [/i]

I love Westside and have done it every time on my 70+ characters. I can't bring my self to level through Alerts or WoP. I don't even think of doing Alerts until I am at least 15 and don't do event Open Missions until some time in the 20s (dying and running back to dies again is dreary).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    Idk if the mission was bugged but I hit lvl 40 before 9am PT and all it said was "Logout to receive rewards" and never gave me the points.

Mission bugged? It's gone from my mission list now. Sent GM request and nada.
This discussion has been closed.