test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beastial/SB Bleed Build

piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
Hiiii,

So I want to put together a build with mainly beastial claw abilities with two specific single blade abilities: tornado slash for a ranged ability and vorpal blade for an ultimate. Is this viable? How would this build look, like what passive/toggle/stats/specs do I follow? Thank you so much in advance!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Yea, it can pretty easily be viable. SB and Bestial claws tend to go pretty well together, due to the shared Slashing dmg and bleed mechanics. You will have to choose whether you want to double Shred's (and Frenzy's) bleed chance w/ AotB as the toggle/form, or to optimize Vorpal Blade's dmg w/ FotS's Focus stacks, though. The toggle/from choice will also dictate your main stat focus (Str w/ AotB, or Dex w/ FotS), so it's a pretty important decision here. I'll go w/ the usual Str-based setup using AotB for Bestial as an example (since it's pretty standard), but a Dex-based one using FotS + Eviscerate to roll Vorpal Blade's bleeds could also work:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Bestial Fury
    Level 1: Shred (Rank 2, Penetrating Strikes)
    Level 6: Aspect of the Bestial
    Level 8: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Supernatural Power
    Level 14: Frenzy (Rank 2, Fear Sense)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Massacre (Rank 2, Bloody Mess)
    Level 23: Eviscerate (Messy)
    Level 26: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Tornado Slash (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Antagonize (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Vorpal Blade (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 30/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The open power slot can be w/e ya want.

Puts up bleeds and Shredded w/ Shred (Vorpal Blade can also help build bleeds initially), uses Massacre as its main attack, and periodically taps Eviscerate to refresh both bleeds and Shredded (and to proc AotB, since Massacre can't do that alone). Frenzy can be the main AoE attack here, but Tornado Slash and Vorpal Blade can also help with AoE. You could also get the Dependency adv on Tornado Slash for some more background healing, but that will remove its innate stun (and cost a normal rank), so that's up to you. Gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and End/Rec.

Other dps passives could work here too, like WotW, Unstoppable, Night Warrior, or even Earth Form. You could also trade Con SS for Dex SS if you want a bit more base dps (and then also move the point in Juggernaut to Overpower in Str PSS). Brawler spec (w/ Flanking, Ruthless, and Penetrating Strikes, and maybe Finishing Blow) can also be a good dps spec choice here. You could also make Thrash your main single-target attack, instead of Massacre; Thrash will do a bit less base dps overall (and you'd lose Massacre's knockdown effect on trash), but it can provide some pretty good extra self-healing.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    piercingwhistlepiercingwhistle Posts: 108 Arc User
    Thanks for the feedback and the build Flow!
    flowcyto wrote: »
    You will have to choose whether you want to double Shred's (and Frenzy's) bleed chance w/ AotB as the toggle/form, or to optimize Vorpal Blade's dmg w/ FotS's Focus stacks, though.

Just wondering, is there a big trade off between these two decisions? Would I miss out on much if I chose the latter?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I used to be Hies but then Perfect World wasn't so perfect and now I'm piercingwhistle! Here, have this thread from my long-gone account. AoE Projectile Set!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Not really; it's mostly that they require different gear, since one focuses on Str and the other on Dex. So you'd prob want to decide beforehand which approach you'd want to take- though you can also test them out on the PTS as well to see which you may like more. The Dex-based approach w/ FotS can get higher crit rates and perform well, but you'll have to rely a bit more on Vorpal Blade to initially stack bleeds, since the bleed rate on Shred and Frenzy will be half that of the Str-based setup w/ AotB (shouldn't be too hard in practice w/ taps of Eviscerate to quickly refresh Bleeds as well).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!