test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HeroCreator - A descendant of the PowerHouse

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Heh, since the game hardly ever adds things for me to buy anymore, maybe I should throw my cash at Aesica/ ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Finally got around to updating. Sorry for the lack of motivation lately!
    • Added powers: Veil of Mist, Veil of Shadow, Bad Sector, Tear Down, Bullet Barrage, Corrosive Pit
    • Added travel powers: Retrowave
    • Fixed a bug with The Void sometimes having the wrong stat specialization tree
    • Removed patreon link in the upper-right corner

Known issues:
    • New powers don't have icons, several previous-update powers also lack icons. I don't like dealing with icons so I'll add them eventually or maybe not at all. This doesn't need to be reported. :)
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Hurm, you've updated it as you said here, but unless I'm very blind (most of the case) I do not see the new powers at all. I assume they do not update for pre-existing builds?

Edit: Hurm, I've been noticing an strange anomaly with the hero-creator
    • Certain Links to builds, besides very freshly updated ones do not show the recent power changes and sometimes don't even show up at all, regardless of recently made.
    • Another issue I have found (for me, so far) is that the website takes a good 5-10 seconds to load in correctly, despite my Net being fine.

Not sure if this is some error on my side or yours, as they happen randomly
    Psi.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Hurm, you've updated it as you said here, but unless I'm very blind (most of the case) I do not see the new powers at all. I assume they do not update for pre-existing builds?
    Well, maybe re-loading the site will help you. I can see the new stuff okay on it atm.

And thanks for the update, Aesica 8) I hope all is well.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    cryneting wrote: »

Edit: Hurm, I've been noticing an strange anomaly with the hero-creator
    • Certain Links to builds, besides very freshly updated ones do not show the recent power changes and sometimes don't even show up at all, regardless of recently made.
    • Another issue I have found (for me, so far) is that the website takes a good 5-10 seconds to load in correctly, despite my Net being fine.

Not sure if this is some error on my side or yours, as they happen randomly
    Definitely try refreshing the page. Despite measures I've taken, sometimes some things get cached when they shouldn't be.
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, maybe re-loading the site will help you. I can see the new stuff okay on it atm.

And thanks for the update, Aesica 8) I hope all is well.
    No problem, and thanks. I'm just sorry I've been so demotivated and that it took so long. :D
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Thanks so much! With the loss of the wiki, the HeroCreator is now the only up-to-date resource we have. I feel like I should make a donation. How can I do that?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    I removed the patreon button since only one person used it the entire time it was up. At this point, I wouldn't worry about it, but thanks for the thought. :)
  • starflairexstarflairex Posts: 77 Arc User
    Concentration seems to be under 'gadgeteer' only, rather than technology as a whole. Not sure when it happened or if it's a bug. This affects the power progression when building outside of the gadgeteer tree (such as munitions). Unsure if it's intentional at this time, though.
    On Earthquake the description of the Molten Core adv. says NYI.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Some QoL idea but, would it be possible to add a checkbox of some sort? I have seen a lot of people in builds like forgetting a passive or form, basically "essential" powers people would use in builds. Not need to add it but as info that it is missing or so.
    Not all powers of course but mostly Passive, Form, maybe heal, CC or Pet as optional you can do so you not forget it later in the build. Would uncheck itself if a passive is in the build or not basically. Probably hard since the power slot position differs. Easier to add a False or True code to one slot I guess.
    Please add Blood in the Water adv to Frenzy.

Also, Happy New Year!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Could add the Broom travel power and device?
    JwLmWoa.png
    New power for single blade: Relentless Pursuit
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited May 2021
    Error on Specs on The Predator AT, It has the Warden tree, needs to be changed to Brawler tree.
    Also, Scorchign Speed is missing in Super Speeds.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    The Archery stuff has been updated, I hope aesica sees this and thank you for the tools like maps you created.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    Yup it's been updated, just waiting for this to reflect it
    Psi.
    Oh I know, and I've been adding a few things each day since the archery update. Patience, friends!
    aesica wrote: »
    Oh I know, and I've been adding a few things each day since the archery update. Patience, friends!

o7
    Psi.
    Brimstone is missing a new advantage it has gotten a while ago it seems, Lightning Rod, 2 Point advantage.
    Don't forget the other adv from Brimstone called Thundering Roar
    edited June 2021
    Okay guys, all updated.
    - Added Archery stuff
    - Updated Arrow Guy AT
    - Added Relentless Pursuit
    - Fixed some missing advantages
    - And all the other stuff mentioned above. I hope
    - And some other stuff I suppose

Let me know if anything is out of place, except icons because I hate icons. If they all seem out of whack, remember to refresh the page in your browser so it uses the newest spritesheet.

Edit: And as always, make sure to create periodic backups of your saved builds!
    Okay guys, all updated.
    - Added Archery stuff
    - Updated Arrow Guy AT

Let me know if anything is out of place, except icons because I hate icons. If they all seem out of whack, remember to refresh the page in your browser so it uses the newest spritesheet.

I want to thank you for all your hard work in all this, the Hero Creator makes so many things easier with builds and I not know where i and probably most of us would be without it. You are amazing keeping this up. :)
    Okay guys, all updated.
    - Added Archery stuff
    - Updated Arrow Guy AT

I want to thank you for all your hard work in all this, the Hero Creator makes so many things easier with builds and I not know where i and probably most of us would be without it. You are amazing keeping this up. :)

Ditto. Herocreator is also the closest thing we have to a wiki anymore. Invaluable. So many thanks!
    JwLmWoa.png
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Mental Storm's new advantage (Mental Artillery) is missing from the HeroCreator.

Changes to Mental Storm were as follows:

Mental Storm

Reduced cooldown to 12 seconds (from 15).

No longer innately applies Stress.

Power will now stun your primary target if not fully charged.

Power will now Paralyze affected targets when fully charged.

Paralyze strength has been normalized with other Paralyze powers.

New Advantage - Mental Artillery (2): Now has a 20% chance to apply Stress every hit. Stress application is guaranteed when the damage effect expires. Refreshes at the start and end of the damage effect.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Thank you so much as well for providing and maintaining the Hero Creator!!! It really is invaluable!
    edited June 2021
    Thanks again for updating and here the things I noted out of place:
    -Fair Game's advantage is called Lithe instead of Graceful Shots
    -Arrow Assault is missing the Concussive Force adv
    -Rapid Shot's Concentrated shots state that increase base damage of the power by 25% when in game is 35%
    -Threat Wipes like Evassive Maneuvers have a typo where Slight is spelled instead of Sleight of Mind
    -Cybernetic Tether advantage Radiate is mispelled as Raediate.

Post edited by criswolf09 on
    Gauntlet Chainsaw needs Open Wound adv.

I think a lot of buffs/debuffs probably need minor adjustments to how long they last.
    JwLmWoa.png
    -Fair Game is listed as a Tier 3 power instead a Tier 2
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Vapor Form. (under Ice) is completely wrong. Wrong description, Wrong advantages. Its a threat wipe, that gives you flight, and damage resistance, but prevents you from attacking. Advantage to add cold snap, and restoration.
    On Earthquake the Molten Core advantage costs 1 instead of 2 and also has nailed to the ground.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited November 2021
    Thank you so much for the years of this awesome site:

Some Fixes that may need to occur:
    - Moon Struck's Midnight Frenzy Advantage is 2 advantage points in Hero Creator but it is 1 advantage point in game.
    - Mental Storm's Mental Artillery Advantage is not present in the Hero Creator.
    - Gauntlet Chainsaw's Open Wound Advantage is not present in the Hero Creator.
    Post edited by gentlegiantvexx on
    Could Empowered Dragon Staff be added to the Devive (Damage) list?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    Looking forward to the updated HW stuff.
    Any ETA of HW update?
    Whenever I get around to it, basically. Over the next few days. In the meantime, if anyone wants to point out any bugs or missing advantages/etc, now is the time.
    edited February 2022
    Added a (hastily) updated version at https://aesica.net/co/beta

Let me know if anything breaks horribly. If not, I'll move it to live in about 24 hours.

However...NOTE!

I had Fair Game in the wrong spot, so I moved it where it belongs. This will cause any builds using it or the skill below it (formerly above it) to switch places. Sorry about that.
    - Updated the Heavy Weapon powerset to match the latest mini-revamp
    - Added Empowered Dragon Staff to the device list.
    - Updated Vapor Form to reflect what it does...roughly. It's still using the shitty old tooltip format unfortunately.
    - Added missing advantages to Gauntlet Chainsaw, Mental Storm, Earthquake, Vapor Form, Arrow Assault,

Not too late to request fixes/etc, but it will be soon!
    Thanks for continuing to update the HC. Much appreciated!

Here are things I noted that might be added/corrected.

Need the new Crushing Ruin HW Ultimate.

Under Earthsplitter the Engulfing Flame adv. has a commnet "Undefined"? Maybe also note that it expires Clinging Flames? Maybe say what Engulfing Flames does?

Cleave "Now has a chance to apply Clinging Flames on knock immune targets on the last hit" (according to the announcement). HC currently seems to indicate that CF has a chance to be applied on every hits vs. knock immune enemies.

Cleave "Defensive Stance Advantage: Tooltip update to mention Aegis effect." This needs to be added to HC.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Thanks for update.
    edited February 2022
    -The devastator and Rockstar ATs are missing a power option at level 25 they get to choose between Pulverizer and Thermal Reverberation.
    -The new HW ultimate called Crushing Ruin is also missing.
    -Cleave's advantage, Defensive stance now mentions that when completing the combo it will apply Aegis.
    -Bastion in HW is listed to grant 6% damage mitigation when it's actually 10%, and in Might should say 6%.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Is there a way to make the updating of your database collaborative ?
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    Just a heads up about the delay: There's a new fire lunge on PTS that I'm waiting on. If it doesn't make it to live this week, I'll just insert a placeholder for it and post the update. In the meantime, there's a beta version available at https://aesica.net/co/beta but it's exactly that--a beta. Builds made there may not transfer over to the live version 100%, but it still gives you access to the updated powers.
    Is there a way to make the updating of your database collaborative ?
    Unfortunately not. Powers are still stuck in this horrible mess of a js file and updates in general require some extra crap that isn't very easily automated/collab-friendly. The best people can do is post things I miss here so I can get them when I'm able.
    Can I slip another request in:

The Icon for Insight in the Ego tree is a generic place holder image. Any chance of getting anything more apprpriate? Ditto for Battle of Wits under Intelligence, Dominion and Vulnerability under Presence, Well Rounded under Recovery. Not biggies, but there's a better chance that a suggestion made to you will be implemented as compared to anything sent to the devs.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Aesica the fire lunge made it live this week, but there is a new dark power in pts. Will you wait for that one?
    Sorry I've been slow at this guys, been busy with stuff (our water was off all weekend because of a pipe leak, among other things) and only now am getting to update things. Since next week is 2 days away, I'll wait and add the shadow power. Should be fully updated by friday at the latest though.
    edited February 2022
    Thanks for the update aesica, I hope you can fix your water problems soon. I found something on the beta, the engulfing flames advantage of Earth Splitter does not mention it purges all clinging flames to add the debuff. Also the devastator and rockstar have a choice at level 25 between Thermal Reverb and Pulverizer.
    No worries. Real Life emergencies always trump hobby stuff.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Hmm, something seems to have happened to the ability to take an Ultimate at almost any point in Hero Creator. Iirc, we used to be able to put an Ultimate in any slot from the 2nd on up, as we can when we get to lvl 35. Can we have this feature back please?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ragadolfragadolf Posts: 95 Arc User
    Just want to say THANK YOU (again) for all of your work keeping this up Aesica.
    I honestly have no clue how I would make (semi) functional toons with out this resource. :)

And GOOD LUCK with the water situation!
    edited February 2022
    Thanks guys, we were only without water for 48 hours but it felt like forever. Never take running water for granted, because flushing the toilets with buckets of water sucks. Anyway, new version is up. As always, hope I didn't break anything.
    **3.45.38 - 2/18/2022
    - Looks like I've been forgetting to update this file, so don't mind the gap~
    - Added Scorching Impact
    - Updated the Heavy Weapon powerset to match the latest mini-revamp
    - Added Empowered Dragon Staff to the device list
    - Updated Vapor Form to reflect what it does...roughly. It's still using the shitty old tooltip format unfortnately
    - Added missing advantages to Gauntlet Chainsaw, Mental Storm, Earthquake, Vapor Form, Arrow Assault,
    - Added missing description alias for Engulfing Flames, and updated the various Fire powers to reference it
    - Updated Devastator and Rockstar to properly offer a choice between Thermal Reverb and Pulverizer at 25
    - Added description alias for HW's version of Reckless and its improved (10%) Bastion effect
    - In the About tab, changed "Release Date" to "Last Updated" to better reflect its what it's meant to show
    -

Let me know if I missed anything. The shadow power didn't make it to live this week, so I'll most certainly be looking at this all again soon enough.

PS: I haven't updated the icons so don't ask. I'll do it maybe when the shadow sigil thingy goes live.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Hmm, something seems to have happened to the ability to take an Ultimate at almost any point in Hero Creator. Iirc, we used to be able to put an Ultimate in any slot from the 2nd on up, as we can when we get to lvl 35. Can we have this feature back please?
    This shouldn't have changed and I can't seem to reproduce it. Tell me exactly how it broke please. :D