test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shrinker Grower build? Powers that shrink our character in combat?

metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
edited July 2021 in Power Discussion
We have powers that make use grow in size. I find myself wanting to make a shrinker. Like Antman or Atom... I really try not to suggest too much.

I could use a teleport to create the illusion that I am shrinking travel. But why not make a TP like this??!?!??!

Is there any powers that allow character to shrink in combat that I do not know about? I might use Telekenisis to create the shrinking stuff and throwing them illusion. Might use stuff like choke and force but not force cascade.
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    What I have so far;

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=37&n=&d=100000000000000000G1000000L603L30DJF00K503LL0L7O04EG03JR099K00LW05LD00F60300010000000050000000000&e=

Left a power open for shrinking powers... if any exist

It came off as a Science Doctory build but not a healer. Using Ebon Ruin as an atom throw.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I'd prob make a few changes to the build, but I'm not sure if you also wanted it reviewed or not. Did you mean to take Enrage's Giant Growth adv, though? Cause I don't see it in the build, if so.

If you want to further reduce your character's size, then I only know of the Shrinker vanity device, but iirc that only works when out of combat.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Ah. Good eye. I pulled out shockwave for tiny heal abilities. I won't mind a review if it pointed out errors or under DPSing.

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=37&n=&d=12670xJKYPGO070000G100G500L603L30DJF04F603LL0L7O04K5039K00LW05LD00EG0300000mUD02Rv2Wva50000003839&e=

I wasn't to sure about Shadow Embrace but I'll stick with it as some sort of grown germ .

Thematically the character is a Doctor or Scientist: the powers are:
    *Shrinking and growing self and object
    *Shrinking objects like vehicles and growning them when thrown
    *Growing atoms and throwing them
    *Growing Germs and bacteria or entering enemies to make them sick
    *Tiny heals for allies but not focus

What you think?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Okay, well most of your powers won't knock here. It's not as much of a problem in AoE if you're mostly using SEmbrace then, since it's adv can knock for Enrage, but I'd prob stick in a quick attack that can knock for single-targets when using Ebon Ruin, at least. You also took Ego Blast first, when you have to pick an energy builder instead. Shadow Form also won't boost the Ult (Corrosion Pit), since that's Toxic dmg, but it's up to you if that's a priority or not (can always just use Night Warrior instead to boost all dmg, and ignore the Sneak-related stuff if you don't want it). I'd prob also pass on the Fatal Allure adv on SEmbrace, cause it can knock targets behind you and mess up the AoE (the other knock adv should be fine). I'd prob also use Resurgence instead of R1 Unbreakable, since Unbreakable is kinda weak atm.

You'll also want Str SS'd somewhere cause it scales up Enrage, and you don't really need Pres as a dps unit either. Here's one example edit of it:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Recovery (Primary)
    Level 10: Strength (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Midnight (Dex: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Shadow Bolt
    Level 1: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Dark Displacement)
    Level 6: Spirit Reverberation
    Level 8: Night Warrior (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 14: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Dimensional Collapse (Rank 2, Glimpse of the Abyss)
    Level 20: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Nyctophobia)
    Level 23: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Miniaturization Drive (Reciprocating Gizmo)
    Level 29: Telekinesis (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Corrosive Pit (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Teleportation
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Recovery: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Recovery: Staying Power (2/2)
    Recovery: Super Charged (3/3)
    Recovery: Efficient (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Recovery Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 4: Magnifier
    Slot 5: Shrinker

The open power slot can be w/e ya want (preferably a knocking power for Enrage, but it doesn't have to be)

Dimensional Collapse can knock for Enrage, help proc Spirit Reverb in the background, and put up Fear for Ebon Ruin. ERuin is still a pretty expensive attack, but hopefully Rec PSS can help a bit w/ that as well. SEmbrace is ofc your main AoE here, and it should be pretty easy to use. I tried to keep most of the powers the same overall, for the theme. I took Endorphin Rush as the heal just cause you'd have Rec and Con SS'd here (which it scales up with), but you could go back to Conviction. I also figured something like Energy Shield was more fitting than Parry here, but it's up to you on what the block power could be. The build won't be ideal for dps overall, but it should still be pretty functional for the concept. Gears mostly for Str, w/ some Rec and Con (and some cost discount rating and cd reduction rating on Utility gear).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Interesting. Thanks. I'll stay closer to the oringal lay out for theme. But use this tree in moderation.

Ego blast is just a minor error. Starting with shadow blot would make more sense.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
  • Options
    Sure thing; good luck w/ realizing the concept, regardless.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Back in the day I experimented by making a toon as small as possible. Then building + Giant growth advantage build around that. If you notice Hummingbird in the Grab Rampage seems do built this way.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    I made a max big and max small version. I still find that it is about as small as a manicou. We need a new shrink based power or two.