test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Release Notes 7/8/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited July 2021 in Release Notes
Patriot Event
  • New mission: Complete the Fireworks missions 5 times. Grants the Armored Wings costume.
  • Added Combat Pouches 3 and Magazines costumes to the event store.
  • Added Maple Leaves auras to the event store.

Space Western Lockbox!
New to this Lockbox:
  • L4W-1 Loyal Sidekick.
  • Space Western Costume Box
  • Raging Fire Aura Box
  • Fistbump Emote
  • Stomp Emote

Space Western Costume Box:
  • Space Western Helmet
  • Space Western Shoulders
  • Space Western Bracers
  • Space Western Gloves
  • Space Western Shirt
  • Space Western Tunic
  • Space Western Body Armor
  • Space Western Bandolier
  • Space Western Pants
  • Space Western Hips Armor
  • Space Western Belt
  • Space Western Pouches
  • Space Western Canisters
  • Space Western Pistol
  • Space Western Leg Armor 1
  • Space Western Leg Armor 2
  • Space Western Greaves
  • Space Western Boots

Raging Fire Aura Box:
  • Raging Fire (Head)
  • Raging Fire (Chest)
  • Raging Fire (Bracers)
  • Raging Fire (Tails)
  • Raging Fire (Feet)

ZEN Store
For the next week you can claim the Stars Tights set for free in the ZEN store.

New Key Pack:
  • Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Keys
  • 1x Bounty Hunter Costume Item
  • 25x Ascii's Precision Mods.
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    This is the way.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Nice costume set and overall aesthetics
    The Fire auras are still overwhelming and ugly in my opinion

So... no new ultimate? AGAIN?
    Bring back NEW Ultimates from Lockboxes please
    WE NEED MORE ULTIMATES!

and you made another Sidekick that is teasing Single Pistols and Gadgets again... great

Sidenote but making the [Space Western Bandolier] as EMBLEM was the BEST design decision, thank you! Most flexible and interesting Costume parts in categories like this please! You can add a lot of more belts to go with existing Armours and Shirts :+1:

More interesting categories like this and LESS horrible costume pieces category placement like Vigilante chest that are just two tiny harness taking over the entire category. That was AWEFUL design, never do this again :-1:
    It would be neat if Vigilante Harness got retconned into Emblem category as well​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Happy to see emotes getting some love again. Looking forward to checking them out!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Looking forward to Space Eastern lockbox now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    Resistance bugs out every time in the sewer in multiple places. Tried 6 times now, and wasn't able to get past the sewer because Griz either gets stuck and stops responding, or a drone doesn't count, or something else. Fix this.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • Options
    metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/P2JEvBM.jpg[/img]
    Tell me the sleeves are optional on the second one? Very STO-ish. And I will finally be able to perfect my Symmetra-ish character with the first. Finally good A space clothing. I must say.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • Options
    guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I like this set better than the last two combined, still not as good as the casual set but a vast improvement. Too bad you got those auras in the lockbox
  • Options
    speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Thank you so much for resolving the issue of Rifle Bayonet not unlocking for the Sniper Rifle power.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    .> @guyhumual said:
    > I like this set better than the last two combined, still not as good as the casual set but a vast improvement. Too bad you got those auras in the lockbox

You mean Power Gamer and Undying lockbox? I find it weird people are acting like Power Gamer bad when its just lacking a few items. Undying lockbox is bae. So different people i guest.

Fixes;

Undying:
    I'd add a tech spare and staff, large earrings, Afro, dreads, ring blades, new tribal necklace
    Add Centaurion Lion sidekick instead of leopard

Add Tornado Kick Ultimate

Power gamer:
    Remove suspenders and tie
    Add new head option
    Add some other little tecky gear that tech nerd use in emblems and such
    Add very tall flat top hair

Add Inverted Ultimate
    *paralyzes 10 foe
    *does damage
    *inverted color FX while paralyzed

I can remember lockboxes feeling unfinished as far back as Blazing. They could add flaming wing to the sidekick. One of these days ill remake every side kick to how it should be for fun.
  • Options
    oyo32oyo32 Posts: 141 Arc User
    great patch and lockbox!!
    AOyJ2f6.png
  • Options
    solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    this is good patch 10/10 patch would patch again
  • Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Are we ever going to get Laser pistols? as in the effects similar to the Pulse Beam Rifle??
  • Options
    Most likely not
  • Options
    spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Are we ever going to get Laser pistols? as in the effects similar to the Pulse Beam Rifle??

The sci-fi gun power replacer device is a good looking set of laser pistols with maintained particle damage, though not an exact visual match to Pulse Beam Rifle. I think they look better.
  • Options
    heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User

The sci-fi gun power replacer device is a good looking set of laser pistols with maintained particle damage, though not an exact visual match to Pulse Beam Rifle. I think they look better.

I can't seem to find the power replace devices. Where are they?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Scaling of Space Wester Holster and the Munitions pistols are whack. Holster are wayyyy too small and Pistols are a bit of chunky side...Like handcannons.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options

It's a device called Pulp Fiction Ray Gun that's a rare drop from the Destroids Rise Again open mission. They are sometimes sold in the Auction House, though they don't tend to be cheap.
  • Options

There are also two other power replacer devices that can be purchased from the Gold Recognition vendor, if you're interested in checking them out. One allows you to throw a flaming pumpkin and the other is the U-MD Ghosthunter Phase Rifle.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Gadgeteer confirmed to be the very LAST to get Revamped, so no

On the meanwhile, enjoy having 2 Sidekicks in the row who using unique Gadget powers which players cannot access :grimace:​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Gadgeteer confirmed to be the very LAST to get Revamped, so no

On the meanwhile, enjoy having 2 Sidekicks in the row who using unique Gadget powers which players cannot access :grimace:​​

I am still waiting for it as well, on the other hand those powers are also not new as well, several NPC's use it like some Heroes and Villains in the Bunker Buster Nemesis mission. And or several Viper Soldiers and Leaders. Pistol and Rifle attacks alike. Closest we have is the Plasma Rifle Device, or whatever how it's called.
  • Options
    whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2021

looks like the powers 20% off sale ended early,
    still a "for sale" tab but everything is full price.

"Sale Ends: Thursday, July 15th at 8:00 am PT" <-was this a mistake or a lie?

i had been planning on buying an AT and did so immediately upon login, noticing that the sale prices were wrong after i made the purchase. i want my 230 zen back please.

Credit where credit is due, this issue has been resolved and i got my money back, TY to the parties responsible for the fix
    Post edited by whatdakrak on