test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server lag

I'm not sure what the best way to report server lag is? Everyone has been reporting rubberbanding and lag in zone chat today, including my own experience with it.

Comments

• sarovensaroven Posts: 43 Arc User
    I have the same issue. My wife and I came back to play again with our lifetime subs and holy crap the rubber banding is insane. We have 1 GIG download speed at home with our desktop PCs plugged into the modem so I know it isn't our side. Is there any solution to the rubber banding?
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    It's been happening at cosmics as well.

Seen two experienced and solid tanks I was soaking with lag and teleport across the field to die by lava at Ape.

Dino's tempo is slower than usual in the beginning of the fight, akin to fighting in water. Then in the middle of the fight, Dino's animations would stop and she would idle (identical to how she does when the tanks prep her position before the fight starts), and starts attacking with the damage floaters go out of sync; pretty much guessing when hits actually land. The input and/or animation delay in the dino fight is just long enough that I cannot refresh Lithe with Thundering Kicks in between certain attacks where I usually could. One occasion Dino's burst window to prevent health regeneration was about a second short and I got one-shotted with a bite while bursting with the DPS pile.

Kiga's lance and breath are off sync with the damage floaters also, as well as laggy like the dino fight.

I noticed this after that big company wide maintenance. I was hoping the patch that just happened would address it, but it's still occurring.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    I usually don't experience much lag, but something really feels different since last week. Hope you guys can clear it up.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    The last Dino I tanked, I swear there was barely a second interval between 5 consecutive bites. I don't know how it's technically possible to hit/dodge buff/block through that, but I'm sure luck had a lot to do with it.

I also have Kiga's animations/damage floaters out-of-sync recorded. Damage floater went up before Kiga finished charging and releasing his Ice Spear. I'm pretty sure luck kept me alive through that also.

Please look into this. The odds of survival are already stacked enough against dodge tanks as it its. I'm not asking for a nerf. Just asking for a fair chance for us to anticipate when attacks actually land. At this point, I don't know whether to base my routine off the floaters or the animations. Please look into the sync issues. Thank you.
    Post edited by zwipezanther on