test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Qularr Mini-gun build..

phaseshifterphaseshifter Posts: 3 Arc User
Anyone remember the old Qularr Mini-gun build using pestilence? Trying to rebuild it and can only think of the passive...

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I don't know of the build, but Pestilence was changed to not proc as often on attacks that deal many dmg ticks per second, so the build prob wouldn't be that good anymore.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    I don't know of the build, but Pestilence was changed to not proc as often on attacks that deal many dmg ticks per second, so the build prob wouldn't be that good anymore.

To me it sounds like just a Normal Min-gun build with the Qularr skin and given the "Qularr" in it, likely used Toxin for most of it's powers and perhaps the Mingun as main source of damage, although that whuold be a strange build.

Perhaps something like this?: This is mostly just powers that -might- fit for a Qularr build, so it may not be perfect, Flow can help you out better then I can Phaseshifter, but just some ideas for you

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:37

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hexslinger (Dex: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 8)
    Level 6: Academics (Int: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Aggression)
    Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack, Open Wound)
    Level 8: Gatling Gun (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Pestilence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Antagonize (Rank 2)
    Level 17: Venomous Breath (Paralytic Bile, Infectious Bile)
    Level 20: Life Essence
    Level 23: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
    Level 26: Locust Swarm (Rank 2, Festering Bites)
    Level 29: Aspect of the Infernal
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Supernatural Power
    Level 38: Corrosive Pit (Rank 2, Toxicity)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Psi.
  • Options
    Well, Gatling Gun isn't really a strong enough power to build around, imo, and it no longer has a strong interaction w/ Pestilence's DoT. Gatling is okay to take for a long-ranged Muni AoE, but the core of the build wouldn't work that well anymore, so I'd prob consider taking a different approach entirely.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    Well, Gatling Gun isn't really a strong enough power to build around, imo, and it no longer has a strong interaction w/ Pestilence's DoT. Gatling is okay to take for a long-ranged Muni AoE, but the core of the build wouldn't work that well anymore, so I'd prob consider taking a different approach entirely.

Hurm, this must be a very old build then, I don't ever recall Pestilence's DoT being like that
    Psi.
  • Options
    Yea, it would have been a pretty old build by now. I think it was the PA revamp that more normalized the dmg tick rate on Pestilence's DoT, effectively neutering interactions like Pestilence + Plasma Beam, which hit very rapidly. I assume that old Qullar Minigun device had a similar effect back then, but I dunno for sure. Either way, it's prob not very viable right now.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Pestilence *never* had a stacking DoT. I think the main point of the qularr gatling gun build was that at the time it was prevalent there weren't terribly good passives or debuffs for piercing damage (bear in mind that the qularr minigun hasn't dropped in-game since before On Alert).
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yea, I think what I saw back then was just a very rapid tick rate on some powers, and not multiple stacks of Pestilence's DoT being on targets, but I don't have a great memory of it all. Regardless, I don't know any of the details of that old device, but it sounds like there's not much of a reason to make a build for it anymore, when a more normal Muni build w/ Gatling as an AoE (and some other attack for single-target dps, like AR) can do okay.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Yea, I think what I saw back then was just a very rapid tick rate on some powers, and not multiple stacks of Pestilence's DoT being on targets, but I don't have a great memory of it all. Regardless, I don't know any of the details of that old device, but it sounds like there's not much of a reason to make a build for it anymore, when a more normal Muni build w/ Gatling as an AoE (and some other attack for single-target dps, like AR) can do okay.

Yeah it was Cyrone's old "Photon Fury" build that combined Plasma Beam + Pestilence. I can't remember the exact interaction. Old Pestilence's toxic DOT interacted with certain aoe powers and would tick at an insane rate while spreading out rapidly among enemy mobs. You could melt entire groups with it. I ran a version of that build for a bit, before the Pestilence was updated.

I have played around with Munitions + Pestilence builds a few times, since then. It's actually still fun to watch and very thematic, but nowhere near as powerful. If the OP is just looking for theme and not trying to top the damage charts, I say go for it. Should still work with the right debuffs and advantages.
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    phaseshifterphaseshifter Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thank you for everyone's feedback! Its been a while (6-7 years ago) I think it was cyrone's old photon fury build but mixed with gatling gun and mini gun(back when you could use PA powers at the same time..).