test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Moreau's Lab CC immunity

negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
Viper enemies inside Moreau's Lab NPC pathing is immune to being held by CC when they are running for Draysha.

Kinda defeated the point of CCing them early to stop them from running to Draysha

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    So are oddly most enemies in alerts, I noticed how Destroids seem immune to Mind Control for example, yes robots, but we not need to bring logic in a video game, I mean Kigatilik is also not immune to Ice after all is he. Most powers often not make sense still. And certain buffed enemies in general get high immunity as well, like when you play with the difficulty setting as well.

I get making them tougher but immune to CC is bull crap honestly and a gaming design sin and defeats the purpose of all, we got enough DPS checks as it is and i am personally tired how EVERY CC in EVERY game seems pointless today.

Why have it at all, if only for niche stuff like Kiga's dogs.
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    My gripe is in PvE my Tether powers do not always pull my target ( Knock to). Why have the power if a Lunge will work better.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    So are oddly most enemies in alerts,

Which enemies in alerts are immune to CC? I've never encountered an alert with enemies immune to CC on my CCer, other than bosses which is normal.
    spinnytop wrote: »

Which enemies in alerts are immune to CC? I've never encountered an alert with enemies immune to CC on my CCer, other than bosses which is normal.

As described with Mind Control on Destroyer Bots for example.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    > @ansemthedark said:
    > As described with Mind Control on Destroyer Bots for example.

Actually it's specifically scripted that robots and undead mobs can't be mind controlled. It's the same classification that allows the new ghostbuster rifle to deal extra damage to undead enemies.

They should be vulnerable to all other CC, though.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    spinnytop wrote: »

As described with Mind Control on Destroyer Bots for example.

Sure, but there's more CC than just Mind Control. "Immune to Mind Control" is different from "Immune to CC".

Also one mob type isn't "most enemies in alerts".

You had me worried there for a second. I thought the devs done goofed and completely invalidated CCers in alerts xD
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    > @ansemthedark said:
    > As described with Mind Control on Destroyer Bots for example.

Actually it's specifically scripted that robots and undead mobs can't be mind controlled. It's the same classification that allows the new ghostbuster rifle to deal extra damage to undead enemies.

They should be vulnerable to all other CC, though.

Agreed, it not makes sense gameplay wise for an MMO, it would be like making Kiga immune to cold damage. I not get why they get an extra script at all. The game in this case is sadly a mess, most enemies have things Super Villains and above should have and that makes bosses less stand out also this way. Knocks and holds or resistances should be exclusive to specific enemy classes and villains.