test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tank Role incentives for Rampages

zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
I noticed not a lot of people have really been queueing up for rampages lately.

I know a lot of DPS'ers/healers want to get the drops needed to acquire Justice Gear. But tanks really have no reason to do Rampages as far as endgame use is concerned, aside from DPS off-set gear.

A pipe dream would be to have a slim chance of a DUC dropping in them (good incentive for everyone). But realistically, maybe a chance for regular Confront mods, Tanking or Healing devices that require Rampage drops, or a even just an SCR daily where you complete 3 Rampages. Or maybe even a lockbox with cool stuff that you can only get from Rampages.

I enjoy the Rampages personally, it's just for some reason they are more of something like a tank to do when they're bored than something to cross off my daily currency farm list like Cosmics or a Lair.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Rampage tokens are bound to account. Tanks are rare in rampages because tanks are rare in general.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Main problem I keep seeing is, like most games, soloing a healer or tank is odd in an MMO due to scaling and less damage output. Yes you can have dual builds with two passives, but then specs are an issue and even then it feels, personal opinion wise, like a waste of a power slot.

Most games have the issue in general with the Holy Trinity that DPS levels faster and have more DPS class in general due to that, then Tank or Support ever will. Problem here also is how Support at least gets an energy boost in its Role while Tank has only downsides mainly. And again here Hybrid is an option but feels incomplete then also.

Tank and Support in Open world could need a little boost honestly to be able to solo normal content, looking at newer missions like the Serial with the New Shadows self-heal way to OP and Talisman in it as dangerous as the 5-man Alert.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    We just need a few of those "dps only" players to take the plunge and try tanking and queue for rampages. Whatever tokens drop they can use on ther *next* dps build.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Tank and Support in Open world could need a little boost honestly to be able to solo normal content, looking at newer missions like the Serial with the New Shadows self-heal way to OP and Talisman in it as dangerous as the 5-man Alert.
    Tanks can solo normal content fine; just have some dps gear (when leveling, just gear for DPS; for level 40, just having two primary offenses, one with confronts and con for tanking, one with dps mods, goes a long way). Support is more of a problem, a reasonable support build can solo most five man content but it will take a very long time.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Tanks can solo normal content fine; just have some dps gear (when leveling, just gear for DPS; for level 40, just having two primary offenses, one with confronts and con for tanking, one with dps mods, goes a long way). Support is more of a problem, a reasonable support build can solo most five man content but it will take a very long time.

Let me phrase it differently, it is more a hassle to counter such, having to carry around several gears without an option to sort it in an excluded bag you can not sell it from or taking space away. Think Guild Wars 2 Sets. As said a lot is possible but would you want to work so much for such instead of going straight to a solid DPS you can not do as wrong.
    Some players have a realtively few characters and max out everything to the fullest. E.g. R9 mods and 2 sets of gear (maybe more?). Other players have lots of characters who are perfectly fine. E.g. I have 70+ characters all in Legion, JG, DG, VG sporting R7s. I only have 1 character with a 2nd set of gear and mostly R9s in the dps set.

Some of my support toons can sole the QWZ more easily than some of my tanks or some of my most fragile DPS.

But, back to the main topic. I personally believe that there are 2 related reasons you don't see so many tanks and supports in Rampages. First is that a lot of DPS is just mindless pewpew and for some people the only challenge they want is to see/think they are doing a lot of damage. Second, being a good tank who gets and holds aggro and doesn't miss blocks is harder than DPS, same for a good healer. Keeping people alive and rezzing them when they die can be a lot of work. Take Sky Command. Some DPS just aren't situationally aware and only shoot what they can see in their immediate vicinity, rather than thinking about protecting the poor healer who may be trying to solo heal all the engines and the scoop. Forget giving a yell if they see the scoop taking damage or watching the engines when the Mega D shows up (since it is much more fun, if slightly meaningless, to shoot the MD once it is over the deck). SC is far more challenging if you are a healer. SOme people don't want or can't handle that level of challenge.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    If you wanna get tanks into rampages, release a really good Justice tanking set.
    spinnytop wrote: »
    If you wanna get tanks into rampages, release a really good Justice tanking set.

Or make it that DG and VG require Rampage tokens ;) (ducks for cover from the few remaining players on the forums)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »

Or make it that DG and VG require Rampage tokens ;) (ducks for cover from the few remaining players on the forums)

That would certainly make it easier to find rampage queues.