test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super Group Hideouts

pendalapendala Posts: 7 Arc User
Okay. While I am sure this was suggested before and all but I want to at least add this idea too it...To have the super group hideout to even incorporate the entire possibility of the vault / storage as well and to have the costume change station as well...Make it massive for an entire group to be allowed in at once. Obviously. But there are certain things that I know people wanna see more of as well. They want more end game stuff to earn and work towards. Lock boxes are starting to get old and tiring and a bit annoying. While it's nice to go and try to get the costume pieces, transformation bits, and not to mention a new ultimate on occasions but the one thing that should be done is to further expand on some of the end game stuff as well. How do you expand something for a super group? Easy! Add alerts for super groups to complete.

Now with that said I just want to say that this could be something that is earned together with the group. Have the super group tracker, complete the alert so many times to unlock that specific hide out. So alternate different alerts but have it where you have to fight all your different nemesis. Maybe say for instance all of them are trying to build up some form of space station to target and destroy different sections of Millennium City. Maybe an underground lair...And as it's completed so many times for unlocking it...Say you complete it a few more times..You then unlock something in addition to the base.

This would help to build an end goal for super groups and make others want to compete in it as well to earn the different rewards..Make it so that the requirement would be lvl 40. The max level so that this way it even makes them want to reach that goal as well. This would be something that could make for a happier and healthier bit of group play where others can just go about, beating up the villains and just having a good time. Ya know? Not sitting there and constantly looking at the next lock box and staring at the emotes, power unlocks, costumes, sidekicks...Explore this possibility...

I feel like if enough people get behind this at least something should be put into the works...I have been a life time member of this game and I still come back every so often and all I ever find is the same constant bit of lock boxes...It's sad you cut off the life time subscribers items...A bit of a mean thing to do but I would love to see more done with this game instead of looking as though it's a constant "Gacha" game with lock boxes...Please do something else? Incorporate this and at least give others a reason to team up and be in super groups for a end goal as well to work as a team.

Comments

• subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    +1

Super Groups are just bank storage. Having a reason to be in one would make them more meaningful. Great idea here!
  • pendalapendala Posts: 7 Arc User
    subjust wrote: »
    +1

Super Groups are just bank storage. Having a reason to be in one would make them more meaningful. Great idea here!

Oh yeah no I know that being in a super group grants you extra storage to place in for buddies and such. I just mean like having a specific spot where you can do this in a sort of hideout / main base for said super group. But to also help in expanding the end game to add the Alerts is the other plot. This would aid in providing more fun for others to have and such.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    This has been something the community has wanted for a very long time. Unfortunately, the devs have shown little to no desire to work on this feature. And it's not entirely clear why.

Currently, normal hideouts haven't seen any updates due to legacy content being pretty difficult to work on. I imagine in order to do supergroup hideouts, the devs would have to either repurpose this very old and janky system for current hideouts, or create a brand new one which would likely be a lot more complex, and require new instances and maps designed with an already small dev team.

Not to poo-poo on this idea at all... I'd personally love to see this feature and I've always been a fan of the idea. But considering the factors, I don't see it likely to happen without some major movement from the devs.
  • pendalapendala Posts: 7 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    This has been something the community has wanted for a very long time. Unfortunately, the devs have shown little to no desire to work on this feature. And it's not entirely clear why.

Currently, normal hideouts haven't seen any updates due to legacy content being pretty difficult to work on. I imagine in order to do supergroup hideouts, the devs would have to either repurpose this very old and janky system for current hideouts, or create a brand new one which would likely be a lot more complex, and require new instances and maps designed with an already small dev team.

Not to poo-poo on this idea at all... I'd personally love to see this feature and I've always been a fan of the idea. But considering the factors, I don't see it likely to happen without some major movement from the devs.

I do agree with ya. I just wish there was something that we could do as a community to perhaps encourage it. Cause honestly I see it as something that would be quite a neat goal to work towards as mentioned. To have a sort of super group tracker for the alert would be just amazing. Only your group would be playing through those missions. So when ever they are on you can start doing some of the alerts to help with showing your progress and such to earn that SG hideout...I would think it would make for great end game as well to give for other items as well or titles and such.

I men just to be honest I understand it can be a pain and all and at the same time I just wish there was some form of them making some kind of effort for more then just loot boxes...Ya know?
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    > @panthrax77 said:
    > This has been something the community has wanted for a very long time. Unfortunately, the devs have shown little to no desire to work on this feature. And it's not entirely clear why.

This is accurate for most suggestions xD