test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 6/16/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited June 2021 in Release Notes
Nightmare Invasion
Starting Thursday, 8am ST:
  • New Mission: Complete the Worms turn mission 5 times. Rewards the Cosmic Destroyer weapon.
  • Added Flame Tail to the event store.
  • Added Embers (Wings) and Embers (Feet) auras to the event store.

ZEN Store
Updated error messaging to let players know to check if they have enough space in their inventory if a purchase they try to make fails.
The Spirit Explosion key Pack will be available for the next week.
Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 1x Super Spikey Hair Costume
  • 10x Cosmic Keys
​​

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    NjpOVL1.jpg
    I needed this for Ember but wasn't psyched for it. I do like it very much so it's up there with the best. Few other head hairs have similar glow effects like spikey and layered... I'll see where this goes with a head aura instead.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Maybe after the furry stuff is out of your system we can get something people have been requesting....like ethnic hairstyles.

God knows we needed one more identical furry tail.

And stop calling this flame... nothing flame about this tail.

And new tights patterns too! :p
    edited June 2021
    Well I can't be suprised when things like corgi head made it into the game last December. I had 400 tokens left and every thing unlocked except corgi head and I just let my tokens expire. Alls well ends well. Some things you call salvage but some are best left forgotten.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Sounds like a Personal Problem to me! How Fascinating! I hope they are working on Revamping another powerframe next before 2021 ends! Like FORCE which has more Holes than an Emmental cheeseonion-8.gif

I find the Corgi head adorable, the image preview of the item just has set the eyes really maxed for some dumb reason and makes it looks like an Anime Alien, works decent on player's characters without screwing up the sliders
    New Mission: Complete the Worms turn mission 5 times. Rewards the Cosmic Destroyer weapon.
    Beating Worm Aliens to get a Buster Sword? The Gateway to Nightmare would be more thematically fitting but whatever

Also this and the sword added to the Nemesis vendor are DEFINITELY Tribute to the BERSERK Manga and to the Creator passing away and you can't tell me otherwise

I love that the size of the those 2 swords stay huge even in TK and Martial Art Blades
    The Spirit Explosion key Pack will be available for the next week.
    Cost: 900 ZEN
    • 1x Super Spikey Hair Costume
    • 10x Cosmic Keys
    Ah yes! The Sonic the Hedgehog and Dragon Ball Super Sayan hairstyles :grimace:
    Nightmare Invasion
    Starting Thursday, 8am ST:
    New Mission: Complete the Worms turn mission 5 times. Rewards the Cosmic Destroyer weapon.
    Added Flame Tail to the event store.
    Added Embers (Wings) and Embers (Feet) auras to the event store.
    So no Double Resources for completing QWZ Dailies again? Not even for the second week?
    How lame! I was looking forward for this Event to get some boost on SCR and GCR​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited June 2021
    BmMKfsz.png
    Gripe: The second part of Spikey hair is a back piece... total bummer as it cancels any cool thing I could put on the characters back. It also feels more like lizard hair when I bought it I was expecting anime. Might drop flame wings on Yang. No, Yang is not on strike till CO drops some decent costume pieces. They are not human, they are a ball of shape shifting dark and light matter with 2 voices.

Also I feel lockbox coming. I hope its asian.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    edited June 2021
    > @avianos said:
    >

Didn't see your post last night. Maybe the server registered it slow or I was to tired waiting for it to come back on. I know its not the end of the world. But too much adorable is part of the problem. There is probably a million ways to make those little Cannonball Corgi's by now. And it just the same complaint every time until we get ignored or banned. There is simply one type cast running things in CO. It's all goof gaff quacky mcgee. Fun heads for Christmas... fox bat... nightmare... practically all events.

Im going to say it... we need a decent male dev working on CO costume team as well. There is to much fuzzy stuff going on and it always leads to one type of thing being more common. We get this digital monsters type things all the time. Maybe im not familiar with the superhero genre. But I've hardly seen those cool little Rocket Raccoons running around its just oddly placed heads on superhero costume.

I thought the news site would show what we get for week 2 by now.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Nightmare Invasion
    • Added Flame Tail to the event store.
    ​​

There are approximately 87 different furry fox ears and tails in this game... did we REALLY need to waste valuable art asset time on making even more...? This IS supposed to be a SUPERHERO game, right?
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I don't get why people are hating on the new pieces. I haven't seen the tail yet, but the bracers are cool and have nice detail and glow options. Not a fan of the ears, but someone will probably want them for the glow options.

People want different things, and I'm fine with these. If you asked me what I wanted, I'd just tell you more idle emotes and weapon display devices. Y'all just live to complain. :confused:
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Isn't the corgi head just an homage to Good Dog (GD) in the Astro City line of comics? He's a superhero, so perfectly fine to have the head here.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited June 2021
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Isn't the corgi head just an homage to Good Dog (GD) in the Astro City line of comics? He's a superhero, so perfectly fine to have the head here.

That just makes it such a trash thing to homage. Or even see light on. The might as well homage Supercow Al Rescate. They could of done al little sidekick. But what ever I guest. We need more Looney Toons.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    The might as well homage Supercow Al Rescate.

Except that would be udderly ridiculous. =)

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    ty for the tail, plz add more, I enjoy the whining these sorts of bits generate. B)
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    More furry stuff and purple sky event again.

*goes back to sleep*
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Isn't the corgi head just an homage to Good Dog (GD) in the Astro City line of comics? He's a superhero, so perfectly fine to have the head here.
    This one?
    aR3o9MQ_700b.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    edited June 2021
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > Except that would be udderly ridiculous. =)

Good pun.

> @retehi#8400 said:
    > ty for the tail, plz add more, I enjoy the whining these sorts of bits generate. B)

It's not whining it's honest criticisms in attempt to obtain a better product. And at the slow pace we receive overdue stuff it is very disappointing.
    edited June 2021
    If I was a dev I would of released this as a 9 tail fire kistune aura. Players would be able to customize color.

Or at least put material like fire and spirit option for 3 tailed Kitsune.

It could be a lot better if it was like a 5 tail or some NEW version we never saw before. Devs devs devs... Well some men just want to watch the world burn. Don't they.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Why not have both, furry and tights, I welcome all pieces, you never know what you can make out of it. Besides, Superhero, how you describe such really today, if I look at a lot of comics we have a lot of Superman and Batman Wannabees, or Spider-Man, Hulk, etc. I am no comic expect but most Superheros I often see them all look the same, Comic book wise that is, Movie wise some more variety.

I am all in for new patterns or even able to make your own in a way and place emblems all over your body better instead of fixed spots. Or at least give more spots to place on and while we at Emblems, could the unlocked ones that are not part of the standard ones be on the new costume pieces as well? I mean the Z-Store one with Sci-fi or Weapons Emblems not unlocks it on lets say Scion Bracers or the Sci-fi chest piece.

But in general I welcome any piece, regardless how ridiculous it may seem, as said, you never know what you can make of it if combining it. I not get how people keep complaining, not want it, not get it, you can focus on other things then on the event. But knowing people, they would still complain if it would be a gift for free also.
    q7LGMw6.pngC0WFUaj.png
    I actually happy with the detail though. The event was a success!