test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Millenium City South Side

mysterion69mysterion69 Posts: 11 Arc User
its right there, across the bay. a whole side of a city, waiting to be explored. it needs a football/baseball stadium (so we can save crowds from super-villains), a university (with research labs), working docks (because we need to save cruise ships full of old people) and infiltrate freighters smuggling contraband. it needs office building missions (like we had in CoX).

and it needs a highway out of the city leading to... the suburbs. just a small town, outside of millenium city. with farms, so we can figure out which alien race is turning poor cows inside-out, and a private high school for aspiring magic users, like a CO hogwarts.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I just wish there was a lvl 35+/Endgame version of MC.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I just wish there was a lvl 35+/Endgame version of MC.

Not just high level but lower level also, I miss when you could go to Canada and the Desert early, now having to do Westside each time first is so redundant. Desert could also need some high level stuff like the unused Oasis with Demon summoning Elder Worms. The same goes for events, I wish all maps had something to do as option tho, every Event so far is MC only except MAYBE PvP for Bloodmoon.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The same goes for events, I wish all maps had something to do as option tho, every Event so far is MC only except MAYBE PvP for Bloodmoon.
    High Noon wants a word with you.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    The same goes for events, I wish all maps had something to do as an option tho, every Event so far is MC only except MAYBE PvP for Bloodmoon.
    High Noon wants a word with you.

Yes but once again ONLY there then, understandable considering how short it normally is and the groups there, but what I meant is worldwide events on the maps that show the scale of things, like Destroyers Robots on Anniversary running rampage on other maps too. Snake Gulch is the rare exception since Cowboys are only there really, but even then they could appear somewhere else, consider ASCII's Alert Bank robbery in MC and such.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Anyone got the full MC maps before reduction? I had them before but those images got lost.

A cool event could be a giant war ship bombing MC from the south region. Like Monster Island we will be occasionally hit by debris at anywhere in town at anytime during event.

New Cannon Ultimate: Call upon a hidden ship at the coast to bombard your enemy with cannonballs.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    If you've ever broken out of the map before, either in the real city or a penthouse instance, you'll see pretty quickly that the area south of the river is basically completely fake. Nothing is tangible and the graphics will render square blobs at best. You'd have a better chance of getting more to the north added, past the highway, which at least has some real buildings.

> @ansemthedark said:
    > Not just high level but lower level also, I miss when you could go to Canada and the Desert early, now having to do Westside each time first is so redundant. Desert could also need some high level stuff like the unused Oasis with Demon summoning Elder Worms. The same goes for events, I wish all maps had something to do as option tho, every Event so far is MC only except MAYBE PvP for Bloodmoon.

This a thousand times. I imagine it was to simplify the early game, but restricting 6-15 to Westside only is one of the worst design choices the devs have made tbh. Having Canada as an alternative for leveling, and allowing players to take missions above their level made things so much less obnoxious. Now you're forced to do some of the long, uninteresting missions in Westside just to get to level 13 and ditch to the desert for something else.

I personally just want to see SOME viable alternative to leveling in Westside. The best we get now is events and the occasional WoP train.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Yep. I don't remember seeing a area across the ocean. I can remember seeing a wider map further east and west of VB and maybe MC. Don't know if it was draft but my brain is fogging.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Now you're forced to do some of the long, uninteresting missions in Westside just to get to level 13 and ditch to the desert for something else.

I personally just want to see SOME viable alternative to leveling in Westside. The best we get now is events and the occasional WoP train.

I love doing missions in MC. I wish there were more of them, like an alternate, 2nd track way of early leveling separate from the current Hi Pan arc. I know it will never happen. However, I always think of most superheroes as having their focus/setting in urban environments, with usually only brief forays to more exotic/wild locations.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!