test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End Game Tank: Elec/Laser Sword?

bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
I probably come up with the strangest combinations, but this one seems like a no brainer.

Anyone tried this before? Still doing the robot themed bit, but wanted to see if this is doable. Might be reversible to LS/Elec instead?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Well, if you mean using Elec for your main attacks, then there's not much need to dip into a melee set like LS, imo, unless you want something like Particle Wave and/or Bad Sector w/ the shield adv. So that version of the build would prob mostly just be an Elec tank. If instead you want to play as a melee unit w/ LS attacks, then you could also use Elec's Ionic Reverb for energy and stuff like Ball Lit and/or Sparkstorm running in the background. For example:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Tank)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Electric Bolt
    Level 1: Lightspeed Strike (Rank 2, Particle Acceleration, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Power Source
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Sparkstorm (Electric Personality, Challenge!)
    Level 14: Ionic Reverberation
    Level 17: Ball Lightning (Triplicity)
    Level 20: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Luminescent Slash (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Electrical Siphon (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Particle Wave (Bad Footing)
    Level 32: Electric Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Lightning Strike
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 31/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

The last 1-2 powers can be w/e ya want.

Keeps Ball Lit and Sparkstorm's toggle up, while weaving in Lightspeed Strike (and Lumi Slash when energy is abundant). Particle Wave can help debuff and clump mobs up in front of you. Elec Siphon also gives you another heal to work with. Guardian spec w/ Find the Mark could also be a good spec choice here, as could Protector spec for more of a defensive focus. Regardless, it gears mostly for Con, w/ some End (for Power Source and Ionic Reverb) and Dex (and getting some cost discount on gear).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bladedragon80bladedragon80 Posts: 146 Arc User
    Life saver again, man! I'm going to respec into this and see how it feels. I was tempted to ask about SB instead of LS, but there's no really good swords that work for me in SB and HW I have heard so far is a pain because it's slow.
    edited May 2021
    Yea, SB and HW could also work here instead. Really, any melee framework could be put on top of the base of Ball Lit (w/ Triplicity) + Sparkstorm toggle + Power Source + Ionic Reverb, and still play and gear relatively similarly. Regardless, hope you like the build 8)
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Dang it. Now you got me curious, flowcyto.

What would an HW version potentially look like?
    Well, it could be as simple as replacing Lumi Slash w/ another strong single-target attack (like Annihilate or Skewer in HW's case), and replacing Lightspeed Strike and Particle Wave w/ any combo of Cleave, Arc of Ruin w/ advs, Eruption w/ adv, Brimstone, or Earth Splitter (if you want a ranged option).
    That is pretty easy. Brimstone's also got a nice extra Negative Ions option on it now.
    Yea, you don't really need those advs either, but Brimstone is still a fine pick either way. You can experiment w/ other melee sets in a similar fashion too, as long as you keep the Elec backbone.
    Okay, that went nuts. flowcyto, I am highly recommending this build. It's insanely fun with the HW. You've got everything a tank needs and then some, and you don't even have to pull the big attacks out unless you want to challenge yourself a little.
    Glad to hear that you like it! Good luck out there 8)
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    this isnt something u made up this is actually a very common tank build. just fyi
    Yeah, I am aware that tanks can use things like Sparkstorm's toggle and Ball Lit well, since they can work in the background. I never claimed that it was an original concept, but apparently it was novel to the OP.