test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Burst Alerts, Mods and Pets

ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
edited May 2021 in Missions and Content
Burst:
- Why is it so bugged? Why is it so unpopular. Does it need a buff?
- It rarely works, Que only pops once a year, if it pops it fails to lunch, is bugged, or it switches again and the cycle starts from new.
- Why do sidekicks get its buff, but Pets do not, making them even more useless in them?

Mods:
- Why do we even have Rank 1 and 2 Mods by now still, often Rank 3 is the standard by now and lower only drops in very rare cases or from the gathering spots which are pointless by now as well and even then, you only get Utility, Offense and Defense ones, while Stat ones appear only once a full blue moon?
- They drop more frequently if I just kill stuff randomly and do bursts, if it pops that is of course which as stated above is rare, but Mods in general need to have a look at and bring back the old crafting along it.

Pets:
- Why are they so weak, despite their Pet Buff of getting less AoE damage, they die in every way possible, standing in AoE patches, die of any Cone or Circle AoE.
- You are more busy re-summon them than actually make use of them, even ranged pets like the Munibots or the Drones go to close to all and die.
- Why do they not get the sidekick treatment? Why do they not scale like they do? Why do I have to waste a Spec Tree on them and to make them somewhat reliable, and even then it feels not rewarding? What next? Mods specifically for them like they did with the damage types and resistances?
- Why do they scale so poorly overall despite you have to use a full power slot for it AND have to rank them still? While Sidekicks last longer, are more durable and the cooldown is also not too heavy.
- Pets are in desperate need of attention and should not be such a waste of time, a lot might disagree in this but, I rather would let them be invincible and be glorified dots or lower damage and effect as something attacking nearby without the risk of them vanishing the moment I summon them.
- The Pets with Circle ones, can we maybe at least get an advantage of the circle bound to you like a form? Having half its effect for it maybe? Same for the Circles powers in general.
- Sigils I count here also, where is our advantage to summon them around the enemy like enemies do?
- Also them being unresponsive or getting stuck, ironically same on the Sidekicks in this case.

This may sound like a little rant, and it might be a little, but this is all so bad since On Alert hit, and it is so sad to see this still being in so bad states.
Post edited by ansemthedark on

Comments

• Options
    wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    Burst:
    - Why is it so bugged? Why is it so unpopular. Does it need a buff?
    Grab Alerts provide easy and relatively quick leveling.
    Smash Alerts provide a steady source of g.
    The Custom Alerts have a chance for costume unlocks (and there's also the Vigilance mission).
    Rampages give Q and a chance for special drops.

Burst Alerts give random low level mods.

People are just more interested in the other rewards.
    - It rarely works, Que only pops once a year, if it pops it fails to lunch, is bugged, or it switches again and the cycle starts from new.
    The Burst queue only really has enough population to pop if there's a daily mission from Lt. Patil for Burst Alerts. But if it alert pops (and it's not just for the default rotation to a different version) the alerts themselves work just fine in my experience.

Note that if an alert switches to a different alert, the people in the queue for that alert will briefly see a Ready popup. While it's possible to be quick enough to accept, this is almost never a good idea as the rotated alert is technically no longer active.
    - Why do sidekicks get its buff, but Pets do now, making them even more useless in them?
    Probably because sidekicks are a newer mechanic.
  • Options
    - Why I ask also if Burst needs a buff.
    - The Que often bugs still and often not switches and or never starts also, it often happens on Bursts itself, so population or not it still is bugged for years, increasing better rewards would also help its popularity.
    - Newer mechanic means an even more reason to rework older stuff that clearly not works with newer things. See enemies often still use old knock and hold mechanics while ours got adjusted and "fixed" and changed.
  • Options
    avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    The major issue with burst is Pyramid of Power, that horrible alert
    Everyone hates Pyramid of Power for a good reason! Takes too long, Bosses become mindless HP bags, Mr Gemini and Dead Man Walking makes the alert even more time wasting because of their Dodge passive making them even more obnoxious bags of HP, rewards are aweful

Which creates a vicious circle of people not queue for Burst Pyramid of Power and waiting for it to rotate, but the alert system wont rotate alerts unless people actually queue for it
    It's a mess​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Options
    I personally not have any against Pyramid of Power, but I see why people hate it. Its rewards need to be much higher compared to Rad Rumble, Rad Rumble as encounter is a joke since minions not get buffed there and the enemies are squishy.

I agree also about the whole rotating mess and that certain enemies are way to overdone in those and scale horrible in the wrong ways. I start to wonder why I even bother, same way the game treats things like knocks and stuns. It is all a spaghetti coding mess.

With the same old excuse that the devs which worked on it not there anymore so no one else can work on it, see hideouts. I am simply getting tired of, knowing this game might shut down any minute when they feel like it. Don't get me wrong, I love this game but this kind of level of treating it is EA level or any other AAA Roadmap titles that only give empty promises and milk it as long possible.

I wonder what will come out of that info stream, like any will change seeing them ignoring feedback often on the Forum and Discord, like a stream will change it. :/