test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do C.O. players want?

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    I know its a pipe dream, but I would like to see a GM mode for people to run real roleplaying content. Bring your group into a private instance from a choice of locations. You yourself can take on the appearance of a number of preset NPCs or have a number of costume slots you can customize. You can (as the NPC) interact with the players. Then you can spawn various henchmen or supervillains to create encounters.

Like i said, a pipe dream, but would be cool.

In other words, the video game equivalent of a PnP gaming table. The hobby seems to be evolving in that direction, with apps like virtual tabletops and combat tracking software. I imagine CO's engine is too old to be amenable to that kind of upgrade, though.

It's why I prefer the old-school gaming group. Imagination has unlimited processing power. ;)
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    bulgarex wrote: »
    In other words, the video game equivalent of a PnP gaming table. [snip]
    It's why I prefer the old-school gaming group. Imagination has unlimited processing power. ;)

Oh, hey, it's almost like someone should make a pen-and-paper game based on Champions Onli—

…oooooh.

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!
    ;)
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    While you could run a Champions game on a VTT such as Roll20, it seems existing support is only semi-functional and I suspect licensing would be hassle if someone wanted to do a better job because some relevant rights are likely split between Hero Games and Cryptic.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    TL;DR: Focus on Power progression
    To expand more of this, I want them to revamp, expand and fix powerframes FIRST and then focusing on creating new content with those revamps in mind
    The Archetypes of Unrevamped powerframes also fall victim of outdated mechanics since they don't have alternative choices
    Revamps is not only to Improve the powerframes' DPS, but also give us more tools, synergies with other sets and power variety

Of course when I mention Powerframe revamps I expect new additional powers, which never seem to happen

Single Pistols, Kicks, Water, Chain-Whips DPS
    • Single Pistols, we have a whooping 1 single pistol power which is an energy builder, a device and NPCs get access to a lot of NPC exlusive single pistol powers
      We didn't got single pistol powers during Munition because we didn't have full timer animation
    • The kick attacks in CO are focusing more on utilities and AoE, There is no single target DPS kick (Unarmed and Might didn't gave us new kick powers) There is not Kick equilivant of Burning Chi Fist, Dragon uppercut or Haymaker!
      We didn't got Kick powers during Unarmed revamp because we didn't have full timer animation
    • They did something really interesting which I really, they created WATER powers under the Wind powerframe, Whirlpool Torrent (I don't count Holy water from Celestial because it sucks) and worked fantastic, but didn't expand to it so far
    • Chains exist in a lot powerframes and they all fall into the same Clone-power utility, no single target DPS Chain, not to mention you can easily create Whipping powers using the animations of chains
    TL;DR AGAIN: I want more powers and power progression
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Always fun to see these "what players want" threads that ask for the moon when the reality is that we'll get:
    1. Maybe a power revamp.
    2. Maybe a lair revamp.
    3. Maybe 3-4 lockboxes.
    4. Some costume pieces that used to be accessible in events hidden inside the trade paperback store (or just removed, period)
    5. Some costume pieces added to an event stores that take #x mission completions to unlock.
    6. Some new mods, half of which will not have any real use.
    7. Power replacers seem to be a thing.
    8. Nerfs to some things that players enjoy.
    9. Maybe a few new missions (odds are that most of them will not see much playtime after initial release).

And that's it until some player wins a powerball lottery and donates half the amount to development work for CO.
    Pretty much, nailed it, It got too depressing really, we get Threads like this every year (usually during Anniversary) and the year's updates proceed to be Lukewarm
    That's the sad reality of the game's Development hell​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Do you all think that the request from several of us on this thread for a change in the style and emphasis of content, rather than the mechanics, would be doable without a big financial investment?
  • I know its a pipe dream, but I would like to see a GM mode for people to run real roleplaying content. Bring your group into a private instance from a choice of locations. You yourself can take on the appearance of a number of preset NPCs or have a number of costume slots you can customize. You can (as the NPC) interact with the players. Then you can spawn various henchmen or supervillains to create encounters.

Like i said, a pipe dream, but would be cool.

A Foundry? As in I can make and play my own missions and content? Oh boy don't tempt me with a good time. I'm an amateur writer. I can create a "villain campaign" based on the game's lore and have you do 5 sets of four or so missions together that encompass a typical bad guy experience. Start right from prison and work your way through Kevin Poe, then VIPER, do some missions for PSI, then eventually even Dr. Destroyer might give you a call! Since it's not official I can't do as many transitions like the pros but this could have different paths all the same. So 5 sets of four missions with two different outcomes or arcs! That's 40 different missions in total! And you feel like a villain!

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Didn't they take the Foundry out of STO? I seem to remember something about that. If they couldn't maintain it in one of their cash cows, it won't happen here.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    I never played STO, so never knew exactly what it was like. But yeah, I remember when they removed it. Didn't have any Devs left who knew how it worked.

Anyway, like I said, it was a pipe dream.
  • johnbattlejohnbattle Posts: 55 Arc User
    I have an ongoing Google Doc that details all of my suggestions. It's a work-in-progress, but some of the stuff you're more than welcome to read and discuss here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F6cfaHsdoVMpDdoYvF60GTZNcvvTkST48DJc4MJL7uE/edit?usp=sharing
    - John Battle (aka David 2)

Battlerock Comics
    http://battlerockcomics.com
  • jarfarujarfaru Posts: 91 Arc User
    I would like them to unlock more costume sets once in awhile. Or give 50% off discounts.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    well i want, all power options to be freed from walls, behind gold and silver and others, open to all, as well as all cosmetic non stat things like costumes, at least make a way we can buy them or something other than gold and silver coinage as i have been on this game for years and still have not reached any were near the amount to get them unlocked. Main reason is end content is so dumb, i mean you have to grind for the gear to get the gear to grind for. Then you can't trade it to another character, much like some auras of which do not effect anything in game and is cosmetic, as such i think all those and gear should be account bound.

Next power revamps, all need a once over again, do to changes, but please take care of the ones first that didn't get a pass the first time. More cross power interaction and diversity of power options, like more pet options, and power emissions such as from wands staffs, pistols, rifles, bracers, etc. This way we can have cold guns by using the cold powers just have them come from a gun and not the hands or the breath weapon from the gun this works for all the elemental sets. More power sets, now some of this is already in game and can just be reskinned like plants, you could reskin chains and others to fill this, redo the throwing star animation, it looks like he is throwing a bass ball and is the main reason i don't take the ability, after doing this add a thrown weapon set with dagger, axes, spears, and other things or add them under other sets. A water set as well and there are more but most have been said
  • letitbe#4698 letitbe Posts: 1 Arc User
    1)More content
    2)Less rng
    3)add Magic: legends to the forum :*
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    1)More content
    2)Less rng
    3)add Magic: legends to the forum :*

Cleverly hidden game promotion add?
    tenor.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    supergroup hideout
    edited May 2021
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I want Big Chungus.
    Haven't you heard, the meme made it into the Looney Tunes Gacha game (this exists) and now it's dead
    So no longer Big Chungus Wholesome 100 Keanu Reeves

https://youtu.be/hyLkQTsNCoM​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • phasestarphasestar Posts: 116 Arc User
    I would like to strongly agree with the idea of less magic in any new content.

I'd also love to see more missions/alerts that have new villains with unique mechanics. I enjoyed the addition of Armadillo and Ascii to the alert rotation.

A Stronghold lair re-vamp with similar challenge to Destroyer's Factory, but with an alternating set of super-villains breaking out each time for variety would be great.

In general, I think a lot more should be done given the superhero theme with setting up parallel goals to defeating the boss involving saving/protecting civilians. Part of the team has to focus on the boss and minions, the rest have to focus on protecting the bystanders while they escape, or reducing damage to property, etc. Right now, some of these mechanics appear but they are typically sequential, so you have to defeat the minions/boss then the rest is a bit of an afterthought. Typically in the comics, these are parallel challenges that distract the team from being able to focus only on fighting. For solo content, you'd need to focus on one or the other, but as soon as you get more than one hero involved, ramp up the challenge and the rewards.
    If they redo Stronghold 5 will get you 10 that it will no longer be a soloable mission but one that requires a 5 person team with at least 1 tank and 1 healer. Then the lair will be largely abandoned. This is the current lair revamp meta.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited May 2021
    If they redo Stronghold 5 will get you 10 that it will no longer be a soloable mission but one that requires a 5 person team with at least 1 tank and 1 healer. Then the lair will be largely abandoned. This is the current lair revamp meta.
    It's already largely abandoned, so that's not really a change, but my proposal has been in my sig for 5 years now.
    I'm old fashioned and level by running missions, not spamming Grab alerts. I've soloed Stronghold on probably 1/3 of my 70+ characters, so I would be very sad if it eventually became only doable by teams.
    JwLmWoa.png
    I'm old fashioned and level by running missions, not spamming Grab alerts. I've soloed Stronghold on probably 1/3 of my 70+ characters, so I would be very sad if it eventually became only doable by teams.
    It might wind up like TA, where the old version still exists.
    I wouldn't at all mind if all Lairs had an old school and new school version. E.g. Therakiel's Lair.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I wouldn't at all mind if all Lairs had an old school and new school version. E.g. Therakiel's Lair.

Totally agreeing here, I still hope they would re-add the old Therakiel one for story purpose. I would also not mind a story friendly single player version without drops would be ok in my eyes, same for Andrith Ruins and The Mandragalore.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Totally agreeing here, I still hope they would re-add the old Therakiel one for story purpose. I would also not mind a story friendly single player version without drops would be ok in my eyes, same for Andrith Ruins and The Mandragalore.
    A single player tuned version of all Lairs with drastically reduced rewards would be really nice for story purposes. If the multiplayer versions were tuned for "reasonably geared and balanced" level 40 teams and given SCR/GCR daily (or weekly) missions that would be even better.
    edited May 2021
    Making a mission scale 1-5 is a bunch of work if it doesn't already have that scaling, but it should be possible to bring back rewards scaling with difficulty (normal/hard/very hard/impossible), maybe change the exact bonuses each level gives to NPCs, and also make some boss mechanics only usable at certain difficulties (or have difficulty modify cooldowns).
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    More Aliens! New Planet Zone that's just completely weird! Use all those unused Game assets that dont make sense anywhere else Like Lemuria Terrain assets and some of the digital assets that are only used once. The metallic wall texture (tech basement etc) and big/weird plants, Malvan Coliseum Assets and who knows what other assets from other Cryptic Studio games.

More intentionally developed social fabric:

Places on Maps for players to congregate and converse
    Easier Procc'd Open Missions (that complete)
    Roaming Alerts/Rampages (Gravitar is above Windsong! but like on the Vibora Bay Map; Armadillo is storming Project Greenskin!)

More Cosmic Enemies (esp a proper Grond Fight that's not a Telios clone - he's the franchise logo)
    More Cosmic Lairs - Pushing for a Project Mindgame epic Stronghold (maybe put in an optional UTC Stronghold perk in the mission)
    More in-game encouragement from NPC's to try the Hero Games.

More Player meets player in all forms really. Force them to talk to each other with respect, that's what people invite their friends to play.
  • khnumhotepkhnumhotep Posts: 6 Arc User
    I want them to be there. no GM are around when I request or report a bug. The bug report does not show tickets. I only needed help with one quest but I could talk to a wall and get better response than the game is providing. why do you think I am posting this? Because there is no captain steering this game. I have one mission, called take me to your leader. I got the glasses. found the courier, use the glasses on the courier, and nothing happens. I thought I had to be in a specific location, but the courier route, I have followed him everywhere he goes and back. Since the report a bug is malfunctioning. since the request a GM hrlp is malfunctioning. Perhaps the game can work on customer service, by providing the assistance it claims to provide.
  • katiebonnellkatiebonnell Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2021

Roaming Alerts/Rampages (Gravitar is above Windsong! but like on the Vibora Bay Map; Armadillo is storming Project Greenskin!)

More Cosmic Enemies (esp a proper Grond Fight that's not a Telios clone - he's the franchise logo)
    More Cosmic Lairs - Pushing for a Project Mindgame epic Stronghold (maybe put in an optional UTC Stronghold perk in the mission)

Yes! Make old content relevant again!
  • silentline7silentline7 Posts: 21 Arc User
    1. Special sly Easter eggs..
    A. Seeing the most active heroes on the servers face on the floating billboard some times. And during character creation the hero should have a saying or catch phrase which also appears across the board.

B. Put a timer on how long players spend in the Caprice or other clubs as well as a 5 star player rating system that will inform a player, "someone says you look good" the moment it's clicked. This system should allow access to tokens of that club in order to buy unique titles, outfit pieces, stances, and emotes that are themed around that club from it's vendors. The potential of the bar vendors and clubs in general have soo much potential yet the minefield is empty. Time to change that with bonuses you can receive by allowing your character to be there a certain amount of time. Make them stack with other boosts as incentive of that area.

2. The world maps should be expanded. But players arent allowed to pass until the completion of EVERY mission in the previous area so new content can be experienced only if the player puts in the work completing the of content.

A. Develope and make more accessable the complete highway area, the crashed alien ship area, the bay behind the west side docks in the form of high society neighborhood.

B.Each neighborhood should have special hangs like the Caprice but themed on the area they reside in.

C. Put up a mellinium city stadium to go with the blimp.

3. Fix Character model customization
    A. When dealing with the female characters model include a separate chest slider for a grossly bulkier look to accompany the breast size slider.

B. Make the character size slider maximums.

C. Sift through customization parts and smooth some of them over to blend with other combined parts used. Example: The base Jackal head blend better with character neck and chest sizing. Because boy it looks bad with the strength slider too high.

D. Create a belly fat slider. For those Fat and or pregnant looking options.

E. Brand spanking new limb options like multiple heads, A Snake tail without legs, multiple arms 4-6. All with adjustment sliders of their own.

4. There should be new and improved missions that require certain heroics. I once created a Speedster named Life Line who was about emergency response work at mercy hospital. But there wasn't really anything too much speedster related to do other than run around aimlessly. Or stand there.

To remedy this I recommend missions created strictly around movement types. Forcing players to actually have or find other heroes with those talents in order to get past that mission.

A. Night warrior missions that require absolute stealth and placates to bypass or lose enemy AI.

Examples: Terrorist threat where every enemy has a bomb strapped to them and a Deadmans trigger. If alerted they all go off and you take tons of damage (sure a typical tank can take it but the groups your supposed to be saving can't).

Simple avoid detection missions where if one villian can radio the boss the supervillain flees. Stun moves would prevent them from radioing until it expires then the badguy yells for help.With a scenematic of the closest badyguy radioing for help.

Sabatoge of a city destroying device by quietly baiting overwhelming enemy groups to different spots using the temporary pick up items like,"cans, pebbles, sticks, and being able to kick over objects" to lightly aggro them to walk over and check out an area. Their detection should be really high but yours should be buffed by object obstruction and positioning such as overhead on a storage house rack. I would also like to see an additional icon that pops up when you are not only hiding
    with night warrior butt also behind cover.

B. Speedster/vehicle focused missions that require characters to be incredibly fast.

Examples: Delivering items from one place to remote sections of the open map in a certain amount of time. Such as a heart to mercy hospital from a cargo ship docked at west side or Delivering pizzas for special tokens.

C. High strength missions

Having to pick up huge items to complete missions. Such as using flight to get next to advancing aircraft and pick them up escorting them to a safe area. Or alerts where someone has to be able to pick up to pick up and move a semi and it's trailer with strength and or telekinesis. And truly epic pick ups should make characters move really slow for effect. Forcing players to defend the champion from attack they drop it in some cases.

5. Upgrading movement
    A. If swing has a minor dodge bonus. Super speed should have a tiny passive bonus.

6. Fixes

A. Ebon Void shield devouring darkness add should not be that pointless. It should at least buff the healing strength to which the blocker benefits based on the amount of attackers striking the shield. Because the last time I checked it doesn't even outweigh buying the third rank of the shield despite being at maximum stacks. Which makes no sense.

B. Adjust Force cascade to require high endurance skills as well as a trade off to not eating the passive supporting role form this taking away from the focus on ego without having to adjust it's damage output.

C. Increase burning damage per second (DPS) and the tick speed rate so it doesnt suck.

D. Nerf plasma burn.. Fire tree should not be less threatening in terms of burn. And a power armored mob should not be able to chew up a tank as fast as fire should. That makes no sense. Or just offer fire a plasma burn add. On top of standard burn as part of fire flight movement add.

E. Buff icy grasp so that it's worth even being there and place an absolute zero add buff or something on the ice shield that makes the shield tougher when the attacker is chilled and a cold enhancement buff is active on the shield wielder.

F. Create better solid defenses against knock and hold.

G. Give Compassion a small degree second stat scaling to strength so flexing with the might additions works to a fault.

H. Buff Primal Majesty team stat bonuses to make the support more sought after in terms of other players group stat boosting.

I. Give Night warrior an add option to sacrifice a rank for and a bit more dodge and evasion. Call it "Shadow feint" or something catchy like that.

J. Adjust the Stone skills to cost more but hit harder while raising knock resistance for the group to a small degree.

K. Give wind tree a spinning animation maintain move where they are a moving tornado that raises knock percentage over the course of the maintain as the maintain picks up strength. With add on mid range suck towards option that counts as a aoe repel based knock towards. And another add that provokes a knock up of all foes that are sucked to it's center. The Achilles heel of it would be that the hero needs to be able to move in some direction to perform it and a root ruins aka. cancels the maintain until removed.

I'd also allow the passive wind form to prompt the tossing of pickable background items depending on the form rank.

7. Crafting

A. Create ways to achieve a higher Crafting skill.

8. Supergroups

A. Give super hero group members the option of being able to use trade menu to also modify gear slot inserts for others of that super group without having to spend resources to remove the items from the gear as a perk of taking the time to join an active supergroup.

B. Grant Super hero groups a team tactics bonus that pops up in the buffs area dependent on how many players are in the supergroup and how high a position the members have been appointed to in in the party. This bonus should grant significant damage/defense possibilities and increase drop rates while both in the same super group and the same party. This all should be limited by how high the level of the leader is reflecting his,her or it's experience in pulling a team effort together in the field as well as in the super group.
    ---
    I have allot of other things I would like to see, change, fixed, added, prolonged and or dismissed entirely. But I'm hungry and need breakfast. So I'm cutting it short for now.

Ultimately I want to see this game grow,and ,grow so much that it brings back players who left due to issues that could have been prevented while bringing new players to the table to keep this place bustling fun and original. This is my favorite super hero game. Too many other games are trying to box players into strict formats of powers and themes. Here I can mix and match to the effect I seek.

Which in my book is more than worth the time of feed back and improvements.
    edited May 2021
    snip

A lot of good ideas but way to specific for an MMO, it works for single player but MMO wise you would lock people out if they not have specific powers with them.

On crafting, we used to have actual crafting, the Mod and Fusing system changed that, it is a pain now even to level your crafting skill at all, but then they made those shiny +10 Skill items because MoNeY

The game and its system would need a complete overall, specific powers or missions in general, we barely get power revamps after all, Archery did take how many years now? So good luck with them trying on working on such in general, we see how new content works by now with the serial, making it group elite content halfway for a single player serial. Or revamping Lairs to dumb elite levels without keeping the old version for story, see Therakiel's Lair.

Also, on the Club Caprice Tokens, you basically ask people to stand around idling, let people have this optional for RP, end of story, not everything needs a purpose and should be an option and not mandatory. People often not got time already, like the Costume Contests which for some regions are bad time in general to participate in. I am all in for getting new ways to get costumes, but idling around is not the way it should be for such places. At best, add mini-games to it like a dancing game for it with a perk for such I say.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    Champions is better off without any changes.

You guys don't have to trust me on this, just go read the forums over on Neverwinter...

Since April of 2019 they;
    • pulled the Foundry and burned it.
    • reworked all game mechanics into simplistic "cookie cutter" classes.
    • removed most common events stating, they no longer work with the new system.

At that time we lost almost all the Foundry Authors, and an estimated 40% to 50% of the player base population.

Now two years went by and they;
    • hired Chris Whiteside from Guild Wars 2.
    • trashed our pets/companions system.
    • reworked all game mechanics even more simplistic... a monkey could play.
    • removed module #1 Sharandar and replaced it with module #20 New Sharandar parts 1, 2, & 3.
    • an estimated 40% to 50% of the player base population stopped playing.
    • Chris Whiteside left to work at Tencent, before module #20 was even completely released.

Senior developer Douglas Miller also left Cryptic Studios, for undisclosed reasons. Currently players await part 3 of the current module, players are asking what's next? Now they will not return our calls. The silence on the Neverwinter forums is deafening.

The game is a hot mess. However, I still pop on the weekend to check mail, do some professions, and auctions. I am playing BDO, a little here on CO, and ACO. It hasn't been "much fun" there in Neverwinter lately. I love the CO community, your development team is just fine, and no massive changes is a very good thing. It is like pulling a summer dress from the closet and finding out it still fits.

Have fun! :heart:
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
    Some points:
    2. The world maps should be expanded. But players arent allowed to pass until the completion of EVERY mission in the previous area so new content can be experienced only if the player puts in the work completing the of content.
    MC is the largest zone the game engine can handle, I'm fairly certain it was Tumerboy who revealed this information while he still worked on CO. So your suggestion would require either completely new zones or a massive rework of the engine. Also, the gating you propose would be atrocious simply because all zones have some fairly well hidden missions as well as some missable ones.
    3. Fix Character model customization
    The proposed changes/additions would take a couple of years to pull off if they had an actual full development team working on the game. With the current amount of devs on CO you're looking at a couple of decades of work.
    4. There should be new and improved missions that require certain heroics. I once created a Speedster named Life Line who was about emergency response work at mercy hospital. But there wasn't really anything too much speedster related to do other than run around aimlessly. Or stand there.

To remedy this I recommend missions created strictly around movement types. Forcing players to actually have or find other heroes with those talents in order to get past that mission.
    That would be a massive amount of work for something that would only be doable by a portion of characters for no good reason other than "you must team with someone using power x to get more story". Bad idea is bad.
    7. Crafting

A return to the original crafting system (or at least something like it) would be a welcome change for me. The current mod fusing sillyness is just not fun.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I want to actually see more magic, and maybe some medieval fantasy elements. Elves of some sort would be fantastic. And NO more nerfs. I've almost completely stopped playing because I'm tired of my **** getting nerfed.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited May 2021
    7. Crafting

A return to the original crafting system (or at least something like it) would be a welcome change for me. The current mod fusing sillyness is just not fun.

NO! The original crafting system was pointless, By the time I had crafted something I had already grown beyond it. Hated it with a passion.[
    nbkxs wrote: »
    I want to actually see more magic, and maybe some medieval fantasy elements. Elves of some sort would be fantastic. And NO more nerfs. I've almost completely stopped playing because I'm tired of my **** getting nerfed.

No more magic. Whole last arc they created was magic. Let's see something else for a change, like, say, Dr. Destroyer himself.
    JwLmWoa.png
    The old crafting at least had a goal with the travel powers I guess. I would not mind it coming back with a revamp to it.

Personal note on it, I still not see why we could not have just added Fusion and Mods to it, rather than replace it. No one forces you to use it after all. An option is still better than something forced, not to speak of how useless the Skill Level now is and how you barely can level it at all anymore now. I guess I am glad I have at least 3 chars that had it maxed before Fusion hit.

I was so close to get the Legacy Rad Power btw! Furthermore, I not knew it gets fully replaced, I needed like a view more item drops dammit!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Champions is better off without any changes.

You guys don't have to trust me on this, just go read the forums over on Neverwinter...

Yup. Coming up on 10 years playing CO, and the happiest times are when the developers are least active.

At this point in the game's life cycle they just need to keep on adding fun customisation stuff and filling in the gaps in the existing power sets. I don't want power set revamps that make me Retcon half a dozen characters just because someone in 2017 thought the future was unique toggles for each power set. Who cares about that, any more?
    Chris Whiteside left to work at Tencent
    My condolences​​
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 24 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Chris Whiteside left to work at Tencent
    My condolences​​

LOL yes, there is a "Chris Whiteside?" thread we have all been poking at over there. For those who don't know this, Tencent is a Chinese conglomerate company that fully owns, Riot Games, Funcom, and has major stock options in, Epic Games, Ubisoft, and Blizzard. Chis made this no secret as he posted on his LinkedIn. His title went from Executive Producer to Director as well. Got to love how these corporate schmucks fail and fall upward in the business world. If you are having too much fun in that game, don't worry, there will be another CEO along shortly to remove your fun factor.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    > @silentline7 said:Snip
    >
    The best a speedster can get is reaching mobs first in DRA. I don't want to have to rank up travel points to do speedster missions. I'd like to fancy that idea but that content will become irrelevant to fast.

If you want Telekinesis on wind just take telekinesis on a wind freeform. Btw thanks for that build.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    7. Crafting

NO! The original crafting system was pointless, By the time I had crafted something I had already grown beyond it. Hated it with a passion.[
    Beyond the Travel Power Devices, it also let you create bags and reasonably useful (for the time) high level gear with custom stat bonuses (and costume unlocks) at a time where gear was limited to what stats could appear in what slots (ie. no drops with Str, Con or Dex on Primary Utility). And it was also a way to level your crafting skill at a reasonable pace without relying on random drops from lootboxes.

The stuff created would obviously need to be updated for the current environment, but deconstructing random drops to make something actually useful instead of selling it for a pittance.
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    7. Crafting

No more magic. Whole last arc they created was magic. Let's see something else for a change, like, say, Dr. Destroyer himself.

Oooor...more magic. I say this because it's apparently their go-to. I've never really been a fan of Destroyer(more or less the name seems so...childish imo.), how 'bout pulling from the PnP with other cool villains?
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    7. Crafting

Oooor...more magic. I say this because it's apparently their go-to. I've never really been a fan of Destroyer(more or less the name seems so...childish imo.), how 'bout pulling from the PnP with other cool villains?

I don't think they have the resources to create a really new villain from the lore. I'd just be happy to see them make more use of the one-off villains scattered through various leveling and Nemesis missions.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • How about Water, Plant and Shapeshifting powers?

Also a re do of Force, which needs a lot of help.

New Powers:

Force Barrage - AoE force attack that looks like you are rapidly firing ki blasts from DBZ
    Cosmic Force Form - glow like a Super Saiyan with glowing eyes and powerful aura.
    Force Nova - Summon a rather large energy blast. When you need to "spirit bomb" the enemy
    Also have mechanics that allow you to stack rage with force attacks
    One or two magnetic themed attacks

Plants:
    Vine lash
    Poison seed spores
    Buffs
    Vine holds
    Big tree pets
    Venus Fly Trap pet
    Healing moves

Water
    Wave slap - energy builder
    Tidal wave - AoE crushing damage
    Typhoon
    Shark pets
    Tsunami

Shapeshift

Turn into a bear with new attacks
    Turn into a wolf with its own powers
    Monstrous Transformation - turn into the Vampire Bat monster from Become Vampire (has many other skins available)
    Also generic shape shifts that turn your arms into blades and such (example Carnage)
    They don't seem capable to developing new power sets. I think the most we can hope fore is power set revamps with maybe some additions to those sets. Shapeshift seems especially likely to never happen because even though you want bears and wolves someone else is going to want reptiles or birds instead.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • A pepperoni pizza party.
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    > @behemothking#9246 said:
    > A pepperoni pizza party.

Nailed it
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Posts: 24 Arc User
    I want Juryrig to play his accordion at the next anniversary rather than Sapphire singing...

...or the electric guitar duet by Dr. Destroyer and Shadow Destroyer.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I want more control type powers, so o could make a controller type, Like slows, holds, roots, a way to block things with walls, I would love to just suddenly put a brick wall to block line of sight and attacks not sure if that is possible in this. But you can get behind thing, and summon things and pick up things, so i would thing it might.
    They don't seem capable to developing new power sets.
    More they don't have the budget. A new power set is several times more powers than a power set update. Shapeshifting probably runs into engine limits that would wind up being as underwhelming as Become devices (they could totally make a Become device for an animal shape or something but I don't think anyone would be excited by the results).
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    I want more control type powers, so o could make a controller type, Like slows, holds, roots, a way to block things with walls, I would love to just suddenly put a brick wall to block line of sight and attacks not sure if that is possible in this. But you can get behind thing, and summon things and pick up things, so i would thing it might.

My first thought was how this could be bad at Cosmics. Otherwise, nice idea.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"