What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Thread: Archery

13»

Comments

• leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Suggestion

Syringe Arrow : 100ft Heal over Time ?
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    unknown.png
    • From playing the game I can say this, The Rune Effect that Medical Arrow spawns is too small to be useful in content that's similar in design to Cosmic Encounters due to the size of these types of Boss type enemies which largely determines where and how the Rune can spawn as thus who it can heal due to its current AoE range - Suggestion: Increase the AoE radius of the Rune Effect of Medical Arrow also make the scaling for the healing based off of Intelligence or Dexterity depending on whichever one is higher as I believe this would make it more unique as a Rune type healing power.

Or allow such power to target an ally to apply it also, and or let it appear on the target that has the aggro at this moment. Or let it increase its size with rank, like the pet summons and circles.
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Suggestion
    • A actual Threat Wipe power and not a advantage off another power as it currently is with Evasive Maneuvers. Perhaps something like a special custom type of "Flashbang Arrow" similar to how a real world stun grenade operates just in the form of a Arrow instead.
    unknown.png
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    We have a T5 100' range single-target maintain that self roots already. It's called lightning arc. Shouldn't Rapid shots with the self-root advantage be doing comparable damage?

I mean lightning is a good, solid set... but not crazy OP at the moment. Doesn't it make sense to use that as a baseline for ranged damage?
    edited May 2021
    I've been testing more since the last update and all I can say is why? why would someone play this set from the viewpoint of how good does it do damage? I can't see much reason to play this set personally or recommend it to someone else if they asked.
    The only reason with the damage of the set being what it is currently that I can think of that someone would want to play this set is if they really and I mean really like the idea of using a Bow and Arrow outside of that currently there isn't much reason to play this set for a DPS, the damage is low, the survivability is low, and the main skills either restrict movement or have a small AoE radius which often invalidates having 100ft range since you can't make meaningful use of it. This has been my experience so far from testing it as a Freeform bloody hell I don't even what to imagine what it's like as the archetype.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Any chance that Arrow Assault could get Commanding Presence type of advantage option?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Please tell me there is more updates... this just can't be it! It going straight to Live tomorrow like this? Where is the flavour in ADVs and synergies with other powersets? Because right now the ADVs are really bland beyond the Powerframe's main power kit! 😩
    New Power: Precision
    Tier 1 Archery
    Form
    Grants a stack of Analyze whenever you get a critical hit with a damaging Archery ability.
    Scales with Intelligence
    But Why tho? This is the most Anti-Synergy Toggle we got so far! It only works with a single powerframe and nothing else!
    It can only be useful for Tanks and Healers who will have issues fully charging powers to stack concentration in melee range with bosses

Suggestion: Give Precision a secondary trigger requirement
    This is the point where Disoriented could work, any power which critical hit targets who are under the Disoriented Debuff triggers the toggle

OR
    If you apply DOWNLOAD to yourself and critical hit while having the Download buff in the same matters Sharp Shooter works with Furious

Archetypes
    The Marksman
    Corrected diminishing return values.

New Power Progression:

17 Rapid Shots
    21 Parry
    25 Hunter's Instinct
    You went into trouble to make a Toggle form which works exlusively for Archery and nothing more but not theme block? What a let down😩
    New Power: Fair Game
    Tier 2 Archery
    Applies a heal over time when you defeat a target. Stacks up to 3 times.
    Scales with Intelligence and Dexterity.
    Advantage (2): Applies the Lithe buff to you when you defeat a target.
    FC.31.20210519.5
    Fair Game
    Increased stacking count to 5.
    So... never use this power in Endgame! Got it!
    I'm sticking with either BCR or Endorphin Rush! I don't want my Self Healing and survability to depend if I get a kill or not

Please take THIS Suggestion for fair game
    Suggestion:
    Give Fair Game an always-on heal value (like Endorphin Rush, but with a lower base value and the INT/DEX scaling). When you defeat an enemy, the value temporarily doubles.

This would let Fair Game contribute something in content where there aren't swarms of henchmen, while retaining its on-kill incentive.
    THIS ^
    Well, jaazaniah1 answered that already. Also, maybe we should stop bring logic in games where normal rules clearly not apply. It is a gameplay aspect not a science project. Guess we make Megadestorids immune to bleeding also as well, because robots not bleed.
    Don't forget, we Lifedrain robots, Drain/Devour the Essense of Robots, Mind Drain the robots! Realism is the least thing to apply on this videogame's powers! :grin:
    Except if the realism can help for more synergies, like Electricity causing FIRE! Something which we missed the mark... Fireball of all powers causing negative ions... what the?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    And here I thought an actual healing arrow power was a pipe dream... I almost can't believe it. :)

Looks pretty simple but I'm still excited to see it in action. More support powers are ALWAYS welcome to see!

Also really appreciating the new animations for powers. I know a lot of effort goes into that and it isn't unnoticed by the players.
    edited May 2021
    More support but could be better than just 1 single power however

Light Everlasting? Illumination? ADVs? Where are they?
    New Power: Medical Arrow
    Tier 1 Archery
    Creates a healing rune on the target.
    Advantage (2): Disorients target.
    Advantage (1): Applies Download to you.
    That's a plesant surprise, I was expecting some archery power to get a Rune ADV instead of getting a whole new power with it! Thank you
    I really like the Rune picked for it too!

However as other people already suggested it's lackluster in ENDGAME due to the size of runes in Cosmics

Not to mentioned all the possible BUGGED healing specs which do not work with RUNES
    Advantage (2): Disorients target.
    Disoriented adv again but the set NOT utilizing it for interesting and beneficial synergies 🤨​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 671 Arc User
    How is the DPS damage for Archery compared to the other power sets?
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

Poor
    edited May 2021

As far as range sets go it's currently near the low end of damage output. It's not very good it could really be better.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited May 2021
    Bug:
    When an Archery AoE hits multiple targets, Hunter's Instinct appears to check only one enemy (one of the secondary targets, from what I observed) for its crit condition. The AoE could crit on other targets; but if it doesn't crit on that specific target, Hunter's Instinct will not trigger.

observed against Test Dummy clusters using Torrent of Arrows, Storm of Arrows, and Exploding Arrow

EDIT: Killer Instinct in Munitions exhibits similar behavior against the dummies.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer

FC.31.20210519.6
    ​​
    So it turns out THERE IS An archery power which utilitizes Disoriented
    Torrent of Arrows Armor Piercing ADV will also apply the Debuff to everyone around the main target who is Disoriented! Making it AOE Armor Piercing Debuff power! Now THAT'S the synergies I wanted to see 😩 why can't we have more interactions with Disoriented like this?
    iA7SkMF.png

Arrow Assault is still partially Piercing and FIRE Damage and here I'm wondering why?​​
    edited May 2021
    BUG: Using Snap Shot in any part of the combo breaks the animation of other Archery Powers
    • Torrent of Arrows and Arrow Assault: It makes the Multiple arrows visuals dissapear
    • Taser Arrow, Sonic Arrow and Explosive Arrow: The Tech Arrow dissapears, after firing on full charge a normal arrow will awkwardly start to grow from the character's hand

iibuVmt.gifj4UvfJR.gif​​
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    [color="#4a86e8"]Suggestion:
    Decrease the cooldown on Fair Game from 10 seconds to 3 and increase the active time to 20 seconds to allow stack time overlap[/color]

The chance to get a kill on team is already thin.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
This discussion has been closed.