test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So......any idea about which power to revamp first or when?

I really feel they should do the ones that got missed the last time, first like celestial and others, and as always more pets skins (seeing as doing our own is out the question).

Comments

• metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    You know they never tell us anything
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Since I am working on a Force tank for endgame the next power revamp is pretty obvious ;)

Also, its tanking passive is not really useful in endgame and no one(?) uses its ranged attack passive because it gets shut down by its main attack power. Its toggle form (IDF) was nerfed to night uselessness ages ago. It has no utility power/adv to buff its crushing type damage (always fun to use Hurl from Might, right?). It has no EU of its own. Most of the non-rank advantages on most powers are pointless. It's ultimate is one of those R2-R3 powers with no interesting or useful advantages (should at least having Commanding Presence).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    +1 for Force
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    From rumors I've heard, archery is first on the block, but I would expect Force to be pretty soon too, along with Earth and Wind.

Celestial might be a while... I imagine Kaiserin plans to do a lot of changes to support across the board.

Dual Blades, Fighting Claws, and Ice, while basic, are still somewhat viable in endgame compared to other sets. They aren't as critical for reworks as the other sets.

While Force might be soon, part of the problem is that it, and PA are currently the meta for ranged DPS in endgame content because of their high DPS output for things like cosmics and TT. I expect the devs might fix some other DPS sets first before inevitable nerfs hit force cascade and PA.

Those are my thoughts at least.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    Oh, and gadgeteering might need it worse than anything else. That's not a powerset; it's a utility set for other powersets
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Since I am working on a Force tank for endgame the next power revamp is pretty obvious ;)

Also, its tanking passive is not really useful in endgame and no one(?) uses its ranged attack passive because it gets shut down by its main attack power. Its toggle form (IDF) was nerfed to night uselessness ages ago. It has no utility power/adv to buff its crushing type damage (always fun to use Hurl from Might, right?). It has no EU of its own. Most of the non-rank advantages on most powers are pointless. It's ultimate is one of those R2-R3 powers with no interesting or useful advantages (should at least having Commanding Presence).

Well, I do use Kinetic Manipulation, outside force that is. XD Works well with my Munitions char for heavy direct damage since it provides the highest physical ranged damage, of all other passives as far I know.

On the topic, Force I would welcome a heavily needed rework, along with Archery, Gadgeteer and Celestial. So mayn wasted potential in those, along I guess Telepathy since CC outside very specific fights are also an odd spot still like in most games.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Also, its tanking passive is not really useful in endgame and no one(?) uses its ranged attack passive because it gets shut down by its main attack power. Its toggle form (IDF) was nerfed to night uselessness ages ago.
    PFF has never worked well for anything other than theme builds.

Cascade is a power I generally don't like seeing in team content as it frequently doesn't kill everything, but shoves the survivors far outside the range of everyone else. That it also consumes any Energy Form the user has is just piling bad design upon bad design.

And pre-nerf IDF was basically as good as the damage mitigation on Invul and stacked with it. You could get some really stupid survivability builds when combined with either Invul or Defiance since the mitigation is on the layer after Resistance. The only reason you wanted to Block was to avoid CC.

Force could certainly use a thorough rework.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Archery

On 2020 Valentine DEV CC, they said on steam that ARCHERY is officially on the works for the next Revamp
    and then the outbreak happened

Incase 1 Archery ultimate from the lockbox and Two Lockboxes with Archer sidekicks really close to each other release wasn't a hint

Doesn't matter,all the unrevamped powerframes (Especially Archery, Force, Gadgets and Earth) are in horrible state, stuck in Pre-Alert stage!

It's been 1 year and 5 months and i run out of patience with the outdated unrevamped mess we have right now, only because they decided to focus on overhyped content instead of fixing the Core power issue​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!

Also, its tanking passive is not really useful in endgame and no one(?) uses its ranged attack passive because it gets shut down by its main attack power. Its toggle form (IDF) was nerfed to night uselessness ages ago.
    PFF has never worked well for anything other than theme builds.

Cascade is a power I generally don't like seeing in team content as it frequently doesn't kill everything, but shoves the survivors far outside the range of everyone else. That it also consumes any Energy Form the user has is just piling bad design upon bad design.

And pre-nerf IDF was basically as good as the damage mitigation on Invul and stacked with it. You could get some really stupid survivability builds when combined with either Invul or Defiance since the mitigation is on the layer after Resistance. The only reason you wanted to Block was to avoid CC.

Force could certainly use a thorough rework.

Problem with PFF is shields in general are a problem, factions like VIPER ignore shields completely for example. There is a reason people not choose unbreakable and such as active defense and such, not just PFF as a whole. Shield mechanics need a general overhaul.
    > @ansemthedark said:
    > Problem with PFF is shields in general are a problem, factions like VIPER ignore shields completely for example. There is a reason people not choose unbreakable and such as active defense and such, not just PFF as a whole. Shield mechanics need a general overhaul.

This is correct, but the bigger problem with PFF is that it's not sustainable whatsoever, and it was specifically designed that way. Not only is the shield regen extremely low, but it gets even lower the less shield remains. It basically gives you extra health than can't be healed. Once it's gone it's useless.

Well at least until field surge activates every 2 minutes. Until then, enjoy tanking with no passive.
    > @wingedkagouti said:
    > PFF has never worked well for anything other than theme builds.
    >
    > Cascade is a power I generally don't like seeing in team content as it frequently doesn't kill everything, but shoves the survivors far outside the range of everyone else. That it also consumes any Energy Form the user has is just piling bad design upon bad design.
    >
    > And pre-nerf IDF was basically as good as the damage mitigation on Invul and stacked with it. You could get some really stupid survivability builds when combined with either Invul or Defiance since the mitigation is on the layer after Resistance. The only reason you wanted to Block was to avoid CC.
    >
    > Force could certainly use a thorough rework.

IDF is actually still pretty decent for certain content if you put it at rank 3. It's great for offtanking/offsupport in things where mob damage is a real problem. Certain tanks use it in TT and it makes QWZ and StE a breeze. That said, I would expect Kaiserin to make some changes to it when the force revamp does happen.
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    > @wingedkagouti said:
    > PFF has never worked well for anything other than theme builds.
    >
    > Cascade is a power I generally don't like seeing in team content as it frequently doesn't kill everything, but shoves the survivors far outside the range of everyone else. That it also consumes any Energy Form the user has is just piling bad design upon bad design.
    >
    > And pre-nerf IDF was basically as good as the damage mitigation on Invul and stacked with it. You could get some really stupid survivability builds when combined with either Invul or Defiance since the mitigation is on the layer after Resistance. The only reason you wanted to Block was to avoid CC.
    >
    > Force could certainly use a thorough rework.

IDF is actually still pretty decent for certain content if you put it at rank 3. It's great for offtanking/offsupport in things where mob damage is a real problem. Certain tanks use it in TT and it makes QWZ and StE a breeze. That said, I would expect Kaiserin to make some changes to it when the force revamp does happen.

Agreed on IDF, only thing that needs a change I think, is it being a Form, since you can't use it along other forms this way and forced to rank it unlike other forms.