test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Aura of Primal and Support Auras

Ok. This power was so we'll balanced at launch when passives scaled with specific stats. Now that passives scale with Superstats I am offering that the "maths" of AoPM need revised to one of 3 distinct purposes.

1) Increase only Primary SuperStat
2) Increase only Secondary SuperStats
3) Increase Only Non-super Stats

#3 is much more with the original design for the passive. A way for a hero to shore up the stats that themselves and teammates had not invested in.

#2 takes into account that specializations play a huge role in build crafting and many of the most effective meta-builders often invest most heavily in the secondary SuperStats

#1 Speaks to the name most for me. Increasing your teammates most Primal/Inherent power but in terms of math most builds PSS are not trying to go higher than say 500 u less they're specialized and trying to maximize a stat specialization.

But if AoPM is still allowed to be the "free all stats" passive while not acknowledging that the games meta-builders will often take this power for it's relatively cheap cost and grand effects then it will continually outshine other support (aura) passives. The tech may not have existed to create a +PSS or +SSS ability but we know it does now.

The argument is consistently made to raise the efficacy of other support passives to AoPM standard, however 10+ years later we still see it's prominence over Aura of Clarity, Destruction, and Protection because it inherently does the job of ALL the other auras singlehandedly.

Support Players are in my opinion the sign of a healthy player base. They are the players who weave social fabric that define a Massive Multiplayer Online game from a Solo players sometimes together Online Game.

Give support players some diversity and necessity and player behavior may just change from "of they're support just let them lay there dead the whole match" to "aw crap our support players' down, let's go pick them up because we need their aura and skills, not just them to spam heals"

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    I don't know. When I am at Cosmics, sure, I might sometimes see multiple AoPMs but I also see a lot of other aura passives, and also Hearth, Seraphim, Harbinger and Medical Nanites. And there are times when no one is there with AoPM. I know as a tank I am always happier to see AoRP than AoPM. And when people are flailing at dino I know I am always happy when there are an AoPM, AoAC and AoED, not 3 x AoPM.

I do laugh when I hear the PA people whinging about wanting someone to bring AoPM so they can effortlessly run their 3 toggle attack powers and rack up a top score.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    Re: Harbinger, Congress Of Selves, Hearth and Seraphim

These support passives without Auras forward the lack of social fabric that support roles are designed to engender. The Aura should offer a boost yo the teams efficacy. I think it is a dangerous inequality in game design but this is fundamentally a design choice.

I use Seraphim in my build and am often left for dead during endgame fights, I'll assume likely because I am not offering the team a visible, tangible effect; I actually provide a massive amount of debuffs but people don't look for that when fighting). If I had a visible tangible effect that went away when I am defeated, player behavior would change to see even my build as necessary and worth reviving.