test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Framework Power Revamp for Support Type Playability

redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
I'm a huge a fan of Superheroes and everything dealing with Champions Online. I've been playing this game since around 2011 and have lots of ideas for this wonderful game and would like to make a few suggestions for certain Powersets that I personally think are both needed and will enhance gameplay all around for players to enjoy.

The main powersets I want to mention in this post focus on ( Earth, Force, Electricity and Wind). These particular powersets are normally played as Ranged and sometimes as Tanks in the case of Earth and Force however, I believe they all have great potential as Support/ DPS builds as well. Electricity for example already makes use of healing & crowd control abilities but only lacks a Support Passive and Single Target heals (synonymous to Warmth & Hearth in fire set) which I think would be highly beneficial to its capabilities. Earth could truly benefit from a Team Heal, Single Target Heal, Support Passive as well as a Pets and Holds that deal crushing dmg for crowd control. Wind from what I've seen could benefit from Heals, A support passive that works similar to "Storm bringer" which helps with synergy and better hold powers as well. Last but not least Force, a framework I've always seen as a true Support set only lacks a Support Passive and hold powers that would benefit from crushing dmg and making more effective use of "Gravity Well".

The incorporation of new support based powers in these Frameworks also would allow for more versatility in the Support Category for Archtypes as a whole, giving players a new range of capabilities and creating a more diverse experience all around for both seasoned & beginner players alike. This also has the added benefit of players choosing powers that fit within their current framework without having to leave it in favor of another set that doesn't mesh well if they don't want to.

Electricity:

Electrokinetic Aura Slotted Support Passive- Energy Form
+increases energy damage
+increases energy damage resistance
+increases energy damage by a lesser amount.
+increases the strength of your healing
+heals you and nearby friends every 3 seconds.
+recovers energy whenever you take electricity damage.
+10% chance to apply negative ions to foes who attack you. Deals electricity damage for 2 seconds every 12 seconds with a chance to arc to other opponents.

Electric Vitality 50 foot Ranged Single Target Heal
When not healing another target heals you instead
+R2
+R3

Earth:

Magnetism Slotted Support Passive- Energy Form
+increases your physical damage
+increases your Crushing damage
+increases your physical damage resistance by a lesser degree.
+increases the strength of your healing
+heals you and nearby friends every 3 seconds
+reduces the movement speed of foes within 10/20/30 feet of you by 30%/20%/10% based on distance.
+10% chance to apply stagger to foes that attack you. Deals crushing damage for 12 seconds.
+recovers energy when you take crushing damage

Crystal Healing Team Heal-Sigil
Summons 5 Salt crystals in a circle around you to heal you and your allies with minerals
+R2
+R3
+mystical transference
+inner peace

Sinkhole- Ranged AOE Hold- Stagger
Paralyzes targets for 12 seconds.
Applies stagger to affected targets. Stagger reduces damage resistance & movement sped of affected targets by 10% for 12 seconds.

+R2
+R3
+crushing grip( adds crushing damage).
+consumption

Stone Golem Controllable Pet
Summons a stone golem who Deals crushing damage and applies stagger to foes.
+R2
+R3

Clay Minions Uncontrollable Pet
Summons 3 smaller stone creatures to attack your foes. These minions attack foes dealing crushing damage.
+R2
+R3
+Fertile Soil (Your minions heal you with each attack with healthy minerals).

Geothermal Healing Heal
Heals target every 0.5 seconds if used on another target other than yourself, gain 15% damage resistance when this power is maintained.
+R2
+R3

Force:

Gravity Control Slotted Supported Passive- Energy Form
+increases your ranged physical damage
+increases your ranged physical damage resistance
+increases your physical damage resistance by a lesser degree.
+increases the strength of your shields.
+heals you and nearby friends every 3 seconds.
+recovers energy when you take physical damage.
+has a 10% chance to apply gravitational polarity to foes who attack you.
Gravitational Polarity deals crushing damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds.

Singularity Ranged-Crushing-Incapacitate
Deals crushing damage to affected targets every second. Applies gravity well every 2 seconds for 12 seconds with a chance to pull in other nearby targets.

After maintaining this power 1 second it incapacitates the targets while maintained.

+R2
+R3
+Crushing Pulse
+Challenge

Wind:

Aerial Aura Slotted Support Passive-Energy Form
+increases your crushing, cold and electricity damage.
+increases your crushing, cold and electricity damage resistance.
+increases the strength of your healing.
+heals you and nearby allies every 3 seconds.
+recovers energy whenever you take cold, crushing and electricity damage.

Healing Vapor 50 foot Ranged Single Target Heal
When not healing another target heals you instead
+R2
+R3
+illuminated

Deluge Team Heal
Summons a rain cloud to heal you and your allies with nourishing droplets.
+R2
+R3
+Chilling touch

Storm Cloud 50ft ranged 10ft sphere AOE DoT and paralyze
+R2
+R3
+Superconductor

Comments

• negusonic#7245 negusonic Posts: 103 Arc User
    I really do support diversification of themes (frameworks) to offer more roles.

I do hope that Support passives get Auras universally and that the Aura usage gets standardized.

Passives like Congress of Selves and the new Magic and Darkness support passives have no auras and even Seraphim's "aura" isn't really standardized to work on up to 20 players.

CO has a solid idea of what a tank should do (not die and keep aggro) and what DPS should do (hit hard and threat wipe) but support has been relegated to only spam heals.

I can't speak to what the design "should be" in today's CO but I did appreciate that at launch Support had been a mixture of Healing, Crowd Control, and Pets/Threat Sanctuary.