test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release notes 5/6/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2021 in Release Notes
Circus Malvanum
This event will be running for the next 2 weeks.
  • New Mission: Complete the Forum Malvanum mission 5 times. Grants the Gear Breaker Shoulders.
  • New Mission: Complete the Two-Lane Rooftop mission 5 times. Grants the Ocean Steam Bike.
  • Added Gear Breaker Armbands to the event store.

Rampage: Unknowable
  • Fixed an issue where The Unknowable One could leash.
  • Fixed an issue where The Unknowable One could get stuck on a bomb.
  • Increased resistance drop value for defeating a Zealot nearby The Unknowable One.
  • Fixed a scoring issue with Zealots.
  • Fixed an issue with the scaling reflection damage from The Unknowable One.

Powers
  • Adjustment to Relentless Pursuit to allow for better targeting against large targets.
  • Fixed an issue where Earthquake was not counting as an Ultimate.
  • Fixed an issue where some sidekicks were not considered to be player pets.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Bit of a typo there ;)
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    fox-18.gif​​
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    Thank you for fixing Relentless Pursuit!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    Huh, I thought for sure we'd have the Defender National Training Program this week as we didn't have it in April like we did for the last two years.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Vehicle Week... The fact that you are still trying to sell those Junks after nuclear nerfing them!
    During the Patriot event it will be 1 year anniversary
    New Mission: Complete the Forum Malvanum mission 5 times. Grants the Gear Breaker Shoulders.
    SEXY Shoulderpads
    Anti-Sexy Event, Forum Cutscene-spamium and Superman 64 race
    Skip cutscenes for FM when?
    Increased resistance drop value for defeating a Zealot nearby The Unknowable One.
    Is this actually working? So far it's really Hard to determine if the damage resistance is different with just the eye! So far It doesn't feel any different

How close are the Zealots need to be for the Debuff?

Give the Debuff an Icon on the shark up Row of icons​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Skip cutscenes for FM when?
    ​​

My guess is it's a little more complicated than most things to add to FM, because, from what I understand, the timers during the timed parts actually do take the cutscenes into account, so just skipping the cutscene would give the players an extra however many seconds. Not really a terrible thing, really, but that would add like an entire minute to the Ironclad/Other Guy part because that one feels like it goes on forever, heh.

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @heartstringsk3 said:
    > My guess is it's a little more complicated than most things to add to FM, because, from what I understand, the timers during the timed parts actually do take the cutscenes into account, so just skipping the cutscene would give the players an extra however many seconds. Not really a terrible thing, really, but that would add like an entire minute to the Ironclad/Other Guy part because that one feels like it goes on forever, heh.

Which frankly would make the entire alert more fair, tbh. In my opinion, FM needs a total overhaul to be more about actual challenge and survival rather than obligatory timers. God forbid you want to bring any other role than DPS...

Obviously there's bigger fish to fry and FM is the last thing the devs should focus on, but it still deserves a bit more justice, I feel.

That said, still waiting for DTP :c
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    My guess is it's a little more complicated than most things to add to FM, because, from what I understand, the timers during the timed parts actually do take the cutscenes into account, so just skipping the cutscene would give the players an extra however many seconds.
    I doubt it's a huge extra effort to also modify the timers.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Vehicle Week... The fact that you are still trying to sell those Junks after nuclear nerfing them!
    During the Patriot event it will be 1 year anniversary​​

There's a sucker born every minute. And the Devs count on that. At least they are cheaper that travel power device.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    Which frankly would make the entire alert more fair, tbh. In my opinion, FM needs a total overhaul to be more about actual challenge and survival rather than obligatory timers. God forbid you want to bring any other role than DPS...
    So each round should have a lockout and much more dangerous foes and PUGs fail because they wipe instead of failing because they miss a timer? Not sure how that's really better.
    edited May 2021
    Honestly Screw this alert, it's been years and it's still the most badly designed and coded Alert and I see no interest fixing it beyond throwing it on a boring Event!

What were the old DEVs thinking?
    • Assaulting your players every 2-3 minutes between fights with unskippable and repeatable cutscenes while hijacking your controls! VERY GOOD DESIGN
    • Time Limit which gets eaten while the Cutscenes play!
    • 2 Bosses with Defiance
    • DPS Race Mechanic, punishing any PUG team that is not enough
    • The rewards for getting to the end ARE NOT EVEN GOOD
    It's a huge time waster, I don't care if the Cutscenes are being used to load the alert's data on the background, it's aweful

This is not how you do coliseum challenges in videogames, and the map is gone wasted
    also
    BUG: To this day, Firewing's Clinging flames will constantly damage you even during the Cutscene! Once the cutscene ends you will meet your character Defeated

Unless you keep blocking for the entire cutscene

The Bug Summons from Qulllar's are also attacking you while the cutscene plays but they are not strong enough to kill you

I also noticed that a lot of Aura with floating 2D textures (Leaves, Music notes e.t.c) will build stacking while the Cutscenes are playing and when you come back you will be greeted with a lot of visual spam of the auras
    This doesn't seem to affecting the game's performance from my side, just noting it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ragnakingragnaking Posts: 73 Arc User
    And here I am still wondering how the heck we are suppose to get Zorran's Mask. I figured it got added into the game with everything else during the Midnight Depths stuff but it didn't get mentioned in the Unknowable One release notes nor has anyone mentioned actually getting it from anything. Kinda would like to know how exactly we are suppose to get this stupid mask for the collection.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    ragnaking wrote: »
    And here I am still wondering how the heck we are suppose to get Zorran's Mask. I figured it got added into the game with everything else during the Midnight Depths stuff but it didn't get mentioned in the Unknowable One release notes nor has anyone mentioned actually getting it from anything. Kinda would like to know how exactly we are suppose to get this stupid mask for the collection.

Not to speak also story wise, I mean, this is the end? What happened to Zorran? The Unknowable One just some big fish reskin, I know people wanted to fight the big Megalodon again with the April Fools Fight, but this?

This is a joke in gameplay design and story wise. Things like horrible scaling, enforcing endgame in an open mission of a repeatable serial. Arvad suddenly hostile towards us for no good reason and just acting as a "can we please go there" beacon.

I mean some aspects I do like, but the overall design of the whole series, especially the backtracking and unbalanced Super Villains is awful.
    edited May 2021
    ragnaking wrote: »
    They are propably going to make Zorran into an extra story or just a lazy Alert to conclude the series

Consider what they said during the DEV CC, yeah!

Speaking off, here is the Facebook upload of the Kaiju costume content
    https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsOnlineGame/videos/298901188455693
    Not to speak also story wise, I mean, this is the end? What happened to Zorran? The Unknowable One just some big fish reskin, I know people wanted to fight the big Megalodon again with the April Fools Fight, but this?

This is a joke in gameplay design and story wise. Things like horrible scaling, enforcing endgame in an open mission of a repeatable serial. Arvad suddenly hostile towards us for no good reason and just acting as a "can we please go there" beacon.

I mean some aspects I do like, but the overall design of the whole series, especially the backtracking and unbalanced Super Villains is awful.
    tenor.gif?itemid=10321879
    Noticeable also that the Series completely forgets about Cobra Lords and New Shadows
    The fact we just got a Ghost-reskin of Megalodon as the so called Unknowable still makes me really upset because with all this story building I was expecting some Lovecraftian Eldritch Abomination but instead We Jumped the Shark who got sealed in the moon?

Jumping the Shark should have been a Title-Perk

3 YEARS! Gadgets, Archery, Force, Fighting Claws, Dual Blades, Earth and Celestial could have been updated by now instead of being stuck on PRE-Alert mechanics​​
  • jackieboy#3897 jackieboy Posts: 46 Arc User
    Don’t you guys get tired of the same complaints?
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Everyone knows Tateklys is the most hated villain in CO - he just talks at you incessantly, and you never get to stab him in the face. A fight against Tateklys would be so cathartic.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    > @jackieboy#3897 said:
    > Don’t you guys get tired of the same complaints?

Nope, not at all.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    where are the gear breaker bracers?
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Gotta have something for week 2. Next time event rolls around we'll have 3 leg pieces, and after that 3 torso pieces, and after that 3 head pieces.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    where are the gear breaker bracers?
    It's 2 weeks event, next update​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    ok, was not sure thought was just a week, cool hope they start the power set revamping soon
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    I actually like this event despite usually being not all that good at racing games.

The Forum Malvanum alert is not all that bad even with the cut scenes. At least Tatekles is fun to listen too. Over and over. heh.
    I will take those any day rather than be locked out on a KO respawn.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Malvanum sure does have a lot of factional human gangs
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    I suspect Tatekles collects them like stamps.