test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New AT and Power ideas

lightninlordlightninlord Posts: 69 Arc User
Elasticity/stretch Powers: Being able to stretch and manipulate any body part to any shape or length at will.

Flower manipulation Powers: Being able to control and manipulate any kind of plant at will.

Water manipulation powers: Being able to control and manipulate any source of water element at will.

Self-Multiplication powers: Being able to create multiple copies of one's self at will.

Phasing Powers: Being able to phase through solid objects. (can be a travel power)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Plant and Water would be great to have as actual power sets, not just AT's, so yes I agree here.

Phasing...I'd imagine would be difficult to do as they would have to make every single object/building in CO able to pass through, so removing collision, which could bug out. Then again, if you knock an enemy too hard they will fly through a solid wall and into the next room or through "solid" objects, so it could be a possibility. As a travel power...the closest we've got I think is Teleport or Ninja Vanish.

Self-Multiplication powers: Would take probably a lot of work to create clones of players, especially with the amount of customization that CO has. We know it's possible (in a sense) with Mr. Gemini, he simply summons/spawns minions which look like variations of him and have different powers. I guess in a player sense that would be a lot of pets to manage. Interesting idea but likely pretty tricky to carry out.

Elasticity - I think we've had an answer about this before, not that I can remember exactly what it said but I'm sure it was a "no". That being said, I've always thought that they could make stretch powers like a ranged ability which benefits from strength and simply have "long arm or foot in flesh tones which connect to the character costume/model" animations when fired off, but I don't know anything about that sort of stuff so... *shrugs*

I like the ideas, it's just they could be pretty difficult to translate into CO, at least in my opinion. Plant and Water would just take a lot of animations work since we don't really have something like that in game, but I'm sure these two ideas have been considered a lot for CO.
  • lightninlordlightninlord Posts: 69 Arc User
    Yea, now that you mentioned it, it would take some time for those abilities to be made possible. I seen it down on a few games I use to play so that's why they came to my attention. I would really love to see the water and plant powers come to play on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dakrushmordakrushmor Posts: 592 Arc User
    Also Radioactive Powers would be great, & since some of them already in game - also one of easiest to make
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Elasticity/stretch Powers: Being able to stretch and manipulate any body part to any shape or length at will.
    Regretably not possible, for the same reason that we can't have Rocket Fist use our costume's hand/glove model as it's visual.
    Flower manipulation Powers: Being able to control and manipulate any kind of plant at will.
    Yes, please make this a thing... This wouldn't even be all that hard to do... We've got all the might & infernal chain powers which would make for a great basis for some Vine powers (perhaps with Thorn advantages to add bleed &/or poison)
    Water manipulation powers: Being able to control and manipulate any source of water element at will.
    I have been waiting for this for a while now, and I will continue to wait for it until it happens. I don't care how many times people make the claim, Ice & Force do NOT make a water power hero.
    Self-Multiplication powers: Being able to create multiple copies of one's self at will.
    It should be possible, but we're likely going to be told that it's not possible... and the closests we'll get is something similar to summon shadows, where we summon a swarm of short-lived faceless "dopplegangars" who look absolutely nothing like you...
    Phasing Powers: Being able to phase through solid objects. (can be a travel power)
    This actually came up once before in regards to requested changes to Tunneling & Teleport travel powers a few years back (durring that short but wonderful period where Cryptic Devs actually posted reponses to popular & frequent suggestions). We were told no on this for the following reason: "There's nothing under most of the buildings and structures around the map, if you phase through a building you'll see a hole in the map under it. Originally teleport and Tunneling were going to work this way, but it was decided early in production to go a different direction." (Just a little Paraphrasing there, the actual response was like 3 pararaphs long and I don't feel like digging through the archives to find it right now)
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • wrathsoul1wrathsoul1 Posts: 679 Arc User
    I only want one thing: an armcannon powerset.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    raighn wrote: »
    We were told no on this for the following reason: "There's nothing under most of the buildings and structures around the map, if you phase through a building you'll see a hole in the map under it.
    If you've ever fallen through a geometry hole, you've got personal experience with this. It's not totally true, a lot of things have more than one layer, but it still looks cruddy.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    A staff power set (could have spear options and skins )
    Radioactive, water, You could go the psi route and have them be formless humanoid manifestations of part of your psi force ( a higher level option in the psi power set).
    I would like to see a time power set with slow effects and holds or time skipping foes, abilities to speed your time up ect..
    More options for swords, two handed weapons ect...
    Alien power set (think Cthulhu ) , The ability to sprout tendrils to attack foes, to bind them create small mutant creatures to fight or cause horrible things to foes (these ideas could be used for plant with a small reskin so two sets in one maybe).
  • crimsoncub1crimsoncub1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would really like to see something done with plants and water sets / AT, Time Manipulation and Rad set / AT would be nice also. I wouldn't mind seeing more level 40 ATs open up like the Machine one since when you get to end game there is really only Nemcon to do from what I have seen. I swear if I won the lottery I would attempt to buy my way into the game Dev team and pay for a bigger staff and get some new stuff coming out more like they do for Star Trek seems Star Trek is always getting new stuff all the time and this game gets something new when they feel like it
    I also feel that we need a better fire power set. And we need more AOE fire powers. I mean Fire spreads and destroy everything. You would think we would have more AOE fire attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    I once made a list of powers i wanted to see ingame

Single gun Powers, GAadgeteering & PA stuff and assorted BAD IDEAS (includes some Trickster powerset ideas)
    Link

Besides those

Single gun powers (a mini set of 3 or 4 powers)
    Traps/Explosives setting what it says, setting explosives/traps that activate when enemies approach
    Mixing the Sinlge gun + traps/explosives and some M.A you could make a saboteur AT

Musical instruments
    those would work like 4 or 5 minipowersets or 3 or 4 skills, having synergies with elemental and magic powers for example:
    - Electric Guitar Electric + Crushign damage Area attacks
    - Classic Guitar Fire damage and maybe some buffs
    - Violin Dark + Ice and debuffs
    - Harp Celestial/healing powers and couple of attacks
    - Flute/Panflute/Quena Anyhting that feels weird or unusual(like makign enemies at range dance non stop) or maybe summons
    - Sax Dont really know but theres an npc in V.Bay that has a sax animation.

Long ago somebody posted a similar idea, but with Magical Artifacts, but dont fully remember
    - Wands Elemental attacks (mostly single target or small areas) and some knockbacks or pulls
    - Magic staves Big Dark + Celestail attacks
    - Crystal ball Buffs and defense
    - Books was like summons but witha gimmick

On the opposite hand i wanted an Magician/Entertainer powerset
    Fights using cards, make enemies dissappear, summon heavy objects, blocks using its Hat, wich absorbs enemy attacks (has a chance to spawn a bunny when enough attacks have been absorbed)
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I still would finally like some rework to Force or Gadgeteer powers, those still are very bad sadly.

Overall, new powers i like to see are more technical ones in that regard, like the Flametrower only as chemical one purely, electrical stun grenades or nets that open, powers that act like pets in desing without being pets tho, a turret you summon to deliver a quick attack that vanishes after, only animation wise basically.

I would already be happy for more reskins, or able to use a advantage to put effects and damage on a ability, like fire on one of the single blade attacks we have.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    How’d you guys feel about paid Power Sets (say, Plant or Water at the Store), even if part of it had to be outsourced? Cool-looking, polished to the gawds… just not for free. Not pay-to-win either, as they wouldn’t offer powers that are super-OP or that you can’t get anywhere else, but essentially thematic reskins of existing stuff – one energy unlock, one Ultimate, etc... :grey_question:

A few I’d like to see: Water, Plant Control, Light/Energy, Sonic, Time, Elasticity/Shapeshifting…
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    spordelia wrote: »
    How’d you guys feel about paid Power Sets (say, Plant or Water at the Store), even if part of it had to be outsourced? Cool-looking, polished to the gawds… just not for free. Not pay-to-win either, as they wouldn’t offer powers that are super-OP or that you can’t get anywhere else, but essentially thematic reskins of existing stuff – one energy unlock, one Ultimate, etc... :grey_question:

A few I’d like to see: Water, Plant Control, Light/Energy, Sonic, Time, Elasticity/Shapeshifting…

I'd be okay with that as long as "LTS golds" and folks who have maintained subscriptions up to this point are rewarded access to the sets on good faith.

There seems to be so few incentives for LTS these days... :(

I always feel bad about plugging my framework suggestion threads in another OP's thread... so I'll just skate on by with my signature. >_>
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    speanoz wrote: »
    spordelia wrote: »

I'd be okay with that as long as "LTS golds" and folks who have maintained subscriptions up to this point are rewarded access to the sets on good faith.

There seems to be so few incentives for LTS these days... :(

I always feel bad about plugging my framework suggestion threads in another OP's thread... so I'll just skate on by with my signature. >_>

Let us be honest, if they bring such it eather is in a Lockbox by now or behind a Grindwall with Recognitions. I play CO for like over 10 years and still need to get those powers and costumes there, i only wish gold recognition would be more accesable due missions like UNITY, considering things like Quwijibo not always works and or i only see people fight over it in chat when i am on MI, same for Kiga, especially at the Monster Weeks like now.

I really wish such would be more accesable and reasonable, like making more factions you work for instead as dailys you can do. Remember when we had several tokens? This, only more endgame oriented without forcing you in Lairs each time. Some people are simply not good in teamplay and even an MMO needs singelpalyer content in a way.

On the idea itself, i would not mind it as Gold Member acces or so or buyable in Zen-Store, but how much i wish please those lockbox concept would go in games, sadly it won't.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
    Teleport attack powers
    Based around teleporting your enemies mid air so they get fall+dimensional damage
    Teleporting heavy objects on your enemies.
    Swapping places with your enemies causing them dimensional damage + some debuff
    Maybe building momentum with some short range teleport attack and releasing powerful blow at the end.
    Blocking by teleporting your enemies attacks back at em.

Superspeed attack powers
    this was suggested long ago
    Was like some sort of super speed melee causing fire or electric damage as advantages

Heavy Blaster (scify big rifle)
    a small powerset (3 or 4 skills)for Huge obnoxious futuristic rifles (single or dual)
    The Gimmick would be being able to change the type of Blast/Bullets your weapon shoot, easily
    -default generic Energy Blasts
    -Plasma Blast that causes plasma burn
    -Ion Blast that causes electric damage
    -Explosive shells that causes mini explosions like those from micromunitions
    -other options like piercing bullets for bleed damage, or oher beams for dimensional/radioactive damage
    No energy builder or block
    1 straight line attack
    1 wide front area attack (like the smg attack)
    1 Area attack
    1 single target attack (maybe like a snipe/focused shot)
    cable-revoltech-1.jpg
    Cable-revoltech-2.jpg

edited November 2020
    Katana powers
    maybe 3 or 4 powers plus a block using the katana sheath
    -One attack at close range/wide area witha fast flurry of cuts
    -One attack that teleports you behind the target, and then launches an attack that knocks/stun the target.
    (the Adventage would be called Nothing personal (kid) and applies a heavy attack + bleed instead of the stun/knock)
    -One charge attack that does a Line-area of damage. targets in the line-area get stun + bleed
    -One small fast sword unsheath that throws enemies up in the air.
    Maybe some synergy with arcane powers?
    Also, the block has a smal chance of counter.
    These mixed with MA could work for a Ronin AT

Chainsaw powers
    -One wide slash with your chainsaw
    -One single target charge chainsaw attack where you slowly cut throug the target (causes fear on nearby targets)
    Also does extra damage on enmies blocking or with buffs)
    -One Chainsaw spin attack called Gorefest
    -One Chainsaw revving that works like a quick buff for chainsaw powers (and has an advantage that causes fear on nearby targets)
    Maybe some related to the might powersets

People been asking for Nature powers
    Could only thing of a Summon a Tree
    Maybe you can summon more trees per rank (at Rank1 you can only summon a tree)
    -The Tree Cannot be knocked back, pulled, or moved in anyway
    -The Tree Cannot attack
    -The Tree has high def and/or HP
    -The Tree Generates threat
    Advantages included:
    Timber!!, upon death the tree falls down causing crushing damage to nearby targets.
    Rotten tree, upon death the tree realeases poisonous spores or bugs that affect nearby enemies.
    Exotic fruits, upon death the tree realeses fruits that heal/buff/cleanse nearby players.
    Thorned path thorns grow around the tree applying bleeding dmg to enemies near by.
    Post edited by horripilante on
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Most of all I want to be like Mike. Basketball Power set to dunk on enemies.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    Fans
    Being compatible with Martial arts and Wind powersets
    1 block and 2 or 3 attack skills
    advantages would include releasing poisonous dust or throwing knives/needles to your attacks

Broom/Cleaning skills
    1 block by spinning your broom really fast
    -You sweep the floor so fast that you create a cloud of dust lowering enemy accuracy and casing em to cough
    -You mop the floor creating a slippery wet area where your enemies slip and slide, falling down constantly.
    -you charge mopping the floor on a straight line knocking around all enemies in your way
    -You use a Dustcleaner to remove debuff from allies or stunt enemies
    -Use a Vacuum cleaner to absorb enemie attacks, projectiles and even small summoned minions.
    When your Vacuum cleaner gauge is full, you release a powerful volley of trash and junk at your enemies.

-Also Serving tea to give a heal over time to nearby allies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGLgdqw27Po
  • blackvisionaryblackvisionary Posts: 5 Arc User
    I would like to introduce to you a new powerset concept can be playable as supportive and solo-gamer type. New mentalist powerset that can be versatile with the current powersets and be applied to different freeform builds. Thank you for taking the time to checking it out.

The Empath Hero

Hybrid of Telepathy and Darkness

Empathic Core – Support/Balance Core

Your Ego Damage is increased by 40/60/80% (per rank). You Ego Damage is further increased against targets affected by Mental States by 10/15/20% (per rank). Whilst slotted, the effectiveness of healing output reduction effects such as Trauma is heal over time for yourself and team mates within 100ft of you.

Empathic Blast – Blast – Detonation – Single Target

Deals moderate Ego Damage to a target. Targets affected by Mental States have these ‘Detonated’ upon full charge for additional damage and effects (Fear turns into a Psychotic Break, Regret, & Dependency detonate into Despondency & Stress applies another stack of itself). Half charge Empathic Blasts refresh Mental States existing on targets that you have applied.
    Advantage – Feel the Pain – This powers damage output is increased by 50% but it loses the ability to refresh Mental States.

Empathic Stupor – AoE Placate / Threat wipe combo (5 target cap)

When cast, you place foes in a state of enhanced calmness. This state causes them to ignore enemy presence for the duration of the Stupor effect (12/16/20 sec per rank). Their movement speed is decreased by 60% and their attack speed is also reduced by 40%. Additionally this power decreases target resistance to Crowd Control effect by 20/30/40% (per rank). If targets are damage directly, the threat wipe effect will be broken and the Crowd Control resistance debuff is wiped.
    Advantage – Emotional Instability – Enemies who awake from this stupor will have one of the following Mental State applied to them: Fear, Stress, Dependency or Regret.

Absolute Fear – Maintained Cone (3 target cap)

Deals moderate Ego Damage per tick to all targets. Has a 30% chance per tick to apply Fear to targets. When fully maintained, all targets affected by Fear will suffer a Psychotic Break (stun effect.)
    Advantage – Your Worst Nightmare – Feared targets who have recently suffered a Psychotic Break will affected by Night Terrors, which summons a small hallucination to attack the feared targets for minor damage.

Empathic Vampirism – Life drain Effect – Single Target

Deals moderate Ego Damage every 0.5 seconds and heals you. Has a small change to apply a Despondency to the target.
    Advantage – Sharing is Caring – As long as a target is affected by a Mental State, your incoming healing will also extend to allies within 15ft of you. If the target is not affected by a Mental State, allies will only receive half of the incoming healing.

Empathic Inundation – Maintained PBAoE – 5 target cap

Deals moderate Ego Damage to targets within 25ft. Targets who are caught in the inundation are snared heavily and have Mental Weakness applied to them with the first tick of damage they receive. If fully maintained all affected targets will have random Mental States applied to them.

Empathic Anchor – Block Enhancer – Ally Defense

Generates an empathic construct which grants 300%/350%/410% resistance to Non-Physical Damage and 250%/300%/360% resistance to Physical Damage. It also increases your hold and knock resistance. Additionally, when activated and maintained for longer than one second, allies within 20ft will receive 40% of this additional resistance to knock and hold as well as resistance to damage. If they are blocking this as well is increased to 50%.
  • levenrina#7237 levenrina Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I'd like to suggest Low Gravity Jump travel power with animated wings (if character has wings!!). Not a heavy crashing common Superjump with leaving fissures on the floor.
    - A block using a Chain, something like spinning it in front of your character to block attacks.

- That Knock-back/Lunge attack used by the Manimal elks on Monster Island ( i think we still dont have acces to it)
    That Arcane Eye-Beam used by golems
    also other skills used by golems not avileable currently for players.

Shield powers
    - Close range shield-bash to knock back enemies (probably charged attack)
    - A lunge with the shield on front
    - A shield Crush (jumping and falling on enemies with your shield to cause crushing damage)
    - A shield toss (single target)
    - A shield toss with bounce/effect that hit targets close to each other.
    - Some sort of benefit/advantage for using it with single blade/single gun or might powers
  • What about Time Travel, Light Constructs, Atomic & Blood powers?
    I think those are all great ideas! To me I feel those will only make Champion Online better! Keep the support and suggestions coming!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edited June 2021
    And don't forget Acid & Technopathy.
    Some Alternative Eye-beam attacks
    Dont really know if it should be inside PA framework.
    -1 wide cone attack (your character moves its ehad from one side to the other slowly while maintining its eye beam attack).
    -1 burst attack ( your character shoots several short eye beams in a straight line, with an advantage to wide the area of the attack a little)
    -1 charged attack, that knocks back/down an enemy.