test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BULLET BALLET SURPRISE - How to make it work?

lmcnutrilmcnutri Posts: 20 Arc User
Ok, so I finally learned how to parse my build, and that thing is so exciting that made me live inside PH testing dps potentials of sets (and main atk skills) I like and messing around with combinations and specs.

After I saw in the endgame dps guide from kamo he pointin bullet ballet as a real deal option for dps opness. (He pointed the chainsaw / ballet and lumi Slash as the hdps skills from tech tree).

Somehow I must admit how impressed I'm with such underrated and underestimated power. Just the debuffer burst shot combined with bullet ballet and nothing else (STR prime/brawlicator/dex stack/justice gear) was more than enough to drag me to minimum 4.8k dps and near 5.9 at full forms stack with just 2 simple bread and butter skills.

*I can reach 6.86k with my demolish + bcf + nanites and grenade + SS + ult + target lock.

(MAYBE with the current trick of swap the ult for vorpal and add a rupture as RE or even just a bleed refresh to keep another dot running it can reach new heights like my tk melee build)

*And 8.82k with my tk blade combo of weaponry + annihilation + mental storm (tap) + nanites + ult + SS + target locked.

That's why I'm pretty sure something still holding back the true potential of bullet ballet, coz opposite to other meta skills, this one in particular seems a tricky choice to find OP combinations with.

As it works with crushing and piercing damage, HOW could I add more to it in way of maximum dps achievement and personal challenge of running something out of meta but OP af...

Should it be used with setup spec to work as combo to amp another non combo skill damage? If so wich one?

Would it be used with combo boosted specs such as grit and slaughter? And if so, what other skills add to amplify its damage or just add an extra source of damage?

All that in Melee role ofc, to make the most out of ballet.

Ty in advance. And let's brainstorm this coz this skill is nasty and I'm a bit obsessed to make it skyrocket the charts.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I do recall trying to weave in Incendiary Grenade to see if buffing just the Crushing portion and adding the DoT dmg would be a dps increase; it didn't seem to be worth it, but my testing gear wasn't that strong then. Beyond that, I haven't experimented w/ BB that extensively, but I'd say that since you can parse now (and presumably can use the PTS), just try something out if you think of it (like w/ the Setup question- you'd prob just make sure your Setup attack deals Crushing dmg to fit the debuff).

Maybe subbing in Frag Grenade (w/ both advs) for Burst Shot is better, but you'd need a way to put up 3x Furious at the start for BB to refresh it (Rocket w/ adv, R3 LNL, R3 Howl, etc). An Ult w/ Overpower on it could also help w/ group dmg, if you care about that (not sure about Bullet Barrage for a non-Overpower option, since it's ranged). I would also agree w/ trying out Slaughter and Grit, though those will be more of a benefit the less you throw in other (non-combo) attacks. You could also ofc try Dex PSS w/ Deadly Aim and Expose Weakness and see if it's any better in your gear (maybe even try Ego PSS w/ Dex SS and 3/3 in Sixth Sense). In being instant attacks, combos are more affected by activation delay than charged attacks, and can't benefit from -charge time buffs like AoAC or NW's, so their upper potential is prob going to be more limited (BB's Piercing/Crushing dmg split is also a bit weird and not ideal for debuffing). Regardless of what you try, though, good luck w/ further optimizing it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    lmcnutrilmcnutri Posts: 20 Arc User
    Im settin NW for the def pen and free +20k spike from SS but I may run other passives to check the outcome... Dragon strike seems an OP ult to have on this and still trying to figure what power to combo with BB of its needs any at all to make use of the setup spec.

For the furious 3 stacks im using howl and locknload... both r3 gives insta 3 stacks... howl maybe there more for a backup source of furious in case I fail to refresh it due to long block or death (considering LNL in cd)

I may check other piercing skill options as well... however, as most are ranged... it will be another challenge.

And yeah pre stack 3 furious and rotate nades with bb prolly will end up dealing more damage.... oh boi... time to test this shy beast XD
  • Options
    carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    I haven't parsed it myself, but I'd probably give Bullet Ballet > Demolish a try (with Setup and Upper Hand). I'd also see how Catastrophic Pummeling does for an ultimate, since it's all crushing damage with Overpower and fits the powersets (if you're running Munitions and Might damage mods). Frag Grenade's definitely a more damage-efficient way to apply Armor Piercing. Stacking Furious is a good idea, but might be more trouble than it's worth for the extra 2% crit. A build skeleton might look like this:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Melee Damage)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 21: Agile (Dex: 8)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Killer Instinct
    Level 6: Burst Shot (Taking Names)
    Level 8: Bullet Ballet (Rank 2, Not Without Incident)
    Level 11: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Form of the Tempest
    Level 17: Demolish (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes, Open Wound)
    Level 23: Toxic Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Catastrophic Pummeling (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29:
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 28/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (3/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Could run STR/DEX/REC if you prefer the cost discount from Physical Peak. Night Warrior can replace Unstoppable/Way of the Warrior, if you want to keep the Shadow Strike.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    For a point of comparison, I went with this for my BB build:

Pulp Action Squirrel 3 - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Savage (Str: 10, Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 9: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Killer Instinct
    Level 6: Holdout Shot (Stim Pack)
    Level 8: Bullet Ballet (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Enrage (Giant Growth)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 20: Frag Grenade (Cuts and Scrapes)
    Level 23: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Concussion Grenade (Stun Grenade)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Submachinegun Burst (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Rising Knee (Flowing Strikes)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Jet Pack (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (3/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (2/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Heroic Resonance
    Slot 2: Perpetrator Incapacitation Device
    Slot 3: Primus Spark Shield
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    What I see is that you try to improve YOUR DPS, not Bullet Ballet one. So, you can switch whichever power you want to get more overall DPS *shrugs*

Also, kamo's guide is quite old, and some assessment relied on some specs bugs that were fixed long ago now, and even before Martial Art and TK were reworked (your two comparison sets)
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on